I'm a bit bored and the forums are slow today. I thought I'd post my random thoughts without a topic. Feel free to post your own random thoughts or
to comment on my random thoughts. Maybe something will morph into a good conversation for a thread ...
- We really are alone. When we go through life, there are billions of people around us and interacting with us, but we are alone inside the shell we
call a body. It is only us experiencing that moment in that exact way. When we die, even if we have a dozen family and friends around the our death
bed, it's still just our own experience.
- When it comes to the 'god' of the Old Testament, I might have it all wrong. I've been saying that the God portrayed in the Old Testament is a
jealous, mean, cruel, murdering S.O.B. and that what is written down as 'coming from God' is really just coming from people. But when I look at the
state of the world, and the fact that daddy-God hasn't stepped in and straightened His kids out, I'm wondering if maybe the 'god' of the Old Testament
really is God and he's just a P**** (self edited, fill in the blank). Or maybe I had it right the first time and I'm just in a mood today ....
- Bacon is the best food on the planet.
- Best candy = Pixy Stix, Sweet Tarts, Good N Plentys. Oh .. and ol' fashioned basic Hersey Bars. mmm
- I wish I knew then, what I know now. I would have done things differently. When I was 19 I was offered a scholarship to USMAPS, the US Military
Academy Prep School (that gets people ready for West Point). I turned it down. Looking back, that was STUPID. I had no proper guidance from people
and I just let it go. I wish I had gone. Lesson learned - young people need good guidance.
- I like snow. I know that people are saying they are sick of winter, but by golly I like the snow. I like the clean crisp air. I like the white
glitter of snow. I like the pretty blue sky in the winter after it snows. I like seeing bird tracks on the snow. I'd rather it be winter than
- Oct/Nov/Dec = best time of the year. July and August = not so much.
- "My drink" - Gin and tonic with a twist of lime. I used to like OUZO too, and white wine.
- I still think of JSOBECKY (aka Mishigas). RIP
- I read the other day that the average person changes their entire circle of friends once every seven years. I found that interesting. Looking
back, I have to say that's true with me. I have a few that have lasted for decades. But the vast majority come and go within seven years.
- My 17 year old daughter has a friend from school who is terminally ill with Midline Cancer. He's just 18 and a really good kid. This is the second
friend she has that will have passed away early. Her other friend died at age 16 from epilepsy. I can't imagine the pressure on a kid of that age
receiving that kind of news.
- Most everyone looks to others for inspiration when things get hard. When things get tough or difficult I think about the American pioneers ...
their trek across the country .. their difficulties .. and how they persevered. I look to them for inspiration. I try to do them proud by how I
handle difficult things. (It doesn't always work, but I try)
- Lots of women like to cook and exchange recipes. They have 'cookie parties' and things like that. I just view cooking as a necessity. I like to
eat ... but cooking is just a chore that has to get done.
- I wish I could visit the USA a few hundred years ago .. before it became so over crowded. I bet the woodlands were very nice. And I bet the night
sky looked great without all the light pollution.
- Every house I've ever lived in has been haunted. Every last one.
- Best place to visit in Philadelphia - the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Man .. awesome place!!
- Best place I've visited - Croatia. Big snow capped mountains. Wild ocean. Steep cliffs. Nice people.
- Worst place I've visited - Caracas. Dirty water. Dirty city. Lots of crime. Loud. People would screw over their own mothers to get something.
- Best movie ever - God Father II. Second best movie ever - God Father I.
- Best breakfast cereal - Great Grains. And when in a junk food mood - Captain Crunch.
(I can't eat either of them anymore, but they are still my favorites)
- Why is it that whenever a road is having pot holes being repaired, there are 10 guys standing around with shovels in their hands, but only one is
actually doing any work??
- Coke or Pepsi? Can you taste the difference? When I could drink them, I could. I liked Pepsi better.
- Cats rule. Dogs not so much. I'd love to have a bird. But pets have gotten so expensive that, after our beagle dies, we won't be getting any more
animals. Their health care is as expensive as human health care. Having a pet nowadays isn't like it was back in the 50's or 60's.
Anyways, that's some of my random thoughts for general 'chit chat'.
Feel free to add your own random thoughts.
Who knows, maybe we'll find a few good topics to discuss ....
edit on 3/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)