It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly in NASA image?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I chanced upon this purely by accident whilst randomly looking at NASA image archives. This seems to be an image taken during a mission flyby of Eros.

Looks like a silvery bulbous object, looks familiar in that I'm sure I have seen very similar anomalies on other images, and in particular I have an image of a similar anomaly taken from the exterior of the ISS during a live broadcast and it caught my eye.

Maybe it's just an optical abberration, or some kind of test image, but I always think it worthwhile posting since at least we know the source and it's verifiable.

I took screenshots as I was afraid of clicking off the page, losing the image, and being unable to navigate back to it.

This is the URL of the archive

[url=http://starbase.jpl.nasa.gov/

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Looks to me like the earring of the photography assistants wife fell into the emulsion tray whilst she was over to pick him up for a dinner date that night

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm going to speculate that it's an asteroid or collection of space debris or rock. There was mention of the fact that it was a fly-by of the Asteroid Eros, so maybe that is what we are seeing. It may even be some other asteroid to say the least.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by korkythecat

It's hard to tell but it could be an image artifact like a Cosmic ray strike.
It would be better if you could give a link to the images rather than the whole database as there are a lot of links to search through...just a thought

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I think this is a direct image url

link to image

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Eros

Eros odd shape

Near Earth Astroid

I cant confirm it but that bigger rounder object might be a photo of Vesta Vesta? other astroids
edit on 4-3-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
it's definitely a blob. i've seen pics of blobs before. the evidence is overwhelming that blobs are real things. planet of the blobs. be scared.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
then again, it could be an orb. bear in mind though that blobs and orbs have been at war for millions of years.
definitely not a squiggle. squiggles love everybody- bit like teletubbies.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

LOL

Anyway squiggle theory is very much "up in air" now since the Hawking black hole debarcle,

If we are to allow ourselves the luxury of non-scientific guesswork, then my money's on a weeble, especially if complex observing devices detect a wobble.

Did you know our observers find the human sense of humour one of our saving graces? that and our music, No really!!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Looks like a non-earth space ship passing by to check on Russia.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Actually now I have zoomed in it looks more like it's composed of diamond shapes.

new topics

top topics

join