It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality? - Revolutionary membrane can keep your heart beating perfectly forever

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You are clueless sir. There are things that can only be lived while immortal. But i laugh at people pretending its not natural. Some animals can reverse their aging proccess and i wouldnt be surprised if there are genuine natural immortals out there in the wild of the universe. Anyways if there is something that aint natural in the world here its humankind, its origins are unknown, evolution is flawed, and is unfit to stay on Earth, just watch the current events. So stop talking about whats natural or real or not, you dont know.

Immortality has its flaws but it is not a state of existence that can be tolerated or that everyone can bear. You have to have it inside or you dont. Surely an immortal wouldnt care as much about life as your average mortals because he cant die and knows he is bound to watch time flows while living things around him are dying. But it is not something to be sad about, on the contrary. You have the chance to watch the whole history of the earth unfold before your very eyes and a bit of the universe, you really dont have time to be sad or desperate. You dont care about time anymore, its a new form of freedom. Either you embrace it or curse it and die in a hole. I know there is only one choice for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

You may disagree with my outlook on these matters, but you should not assume that I am clueless, that I have not considered the possibilities presented by the ability to witness the rest of time.

However, nothing in this universe is immune to entropy. All complex structures collapse over time, all of them. From the decay of atoms, to the destruction of entire galaxies, by collision with others, star systems being absorbed and distended and consumed by black holes, entropy is the great annihilator, and claims all things in the end.

Not even the gargantuan efforts of those who operate the LHC have been able to discover a route by which it can be staved off. All you will learn, and all you will see, will boil down to that simple truth, and in your efforts to see the life of the universe in all its glory, you will have thrown off all that makes a person truly human. Empathy, compassion, love.

All these things I have already considered, and inform my preference for a natural course of life, and a natural death. I wish to learn all I can from life, and understand as much about the universe as I am able within my share of time. But I would not wish to eschew all that makes a man, a man, in order to do so.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join