It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pulls Back Troops, Says No Need for Military Action in Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Don't you get it? The powers that be know the proverbial "walls" are crumbling down around them. Now, they are ALL going to do any and everything they can to screw with people's head.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

tommyjo
That guy in the surplus store must be doing a roaring trade! He must have a large stock of Lynx and Tiger? Even the Russian Defence Minister doesn't know how the 'self defence forces' got hold of Tiger and Lynx.

I think he honestly believes their own propaganda

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Indigo5

When things go to hell in a foreign country...do you know what local Americans do? Pack up and get the hell out ...we don't send thousands of troops to go occupy under the guise of protecting those X-pat Americans who feel a little worried.

We don't? Please see Operation Urgent Fury and Operation Just Cause. In both cases, we invaded foreign and sovereign nations on the basis of protecting and/or evacuation of American citizens caught in circumstances beyond their ability to extricate themselves.

EVACUATING....Not Occupying. Please...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Guenter
Versus a 238 years of wanton immigrants and misfits that call themselves the USA. Who built a so called "nation" on the blood and bones of 70 some million natives.

I'll let Bill Murray respond for me..

"Stupid! We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A'! You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! "

The USA might have it's issues, some big and some small, but still the Greatest Nation on the planet. When all the shouting is done, that fact remains.

Putin is a left over cold war thug, better suited as a figurehead, posing flabby and shirtless on horseback for his sheep, than leading a nation. He is admired by cowards who confuse sociopathic thinking with strength.

As far as the USA...even Superman has his bad years, but when things go to SH*& in the world, there is a reason the same folks that bash the USA look to us for help.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

im Canadian, we just sit and watch ; However, I think we should all either mind our own business, or come together as a race and start doing amazing things.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Xcathdra

MessageforAll
Wth? I watched the Q&A of Putin on RT, He never said he was pulling back his troops, he said the troops who where on the surprise exercise are coming back.

I read tweets of people saying the translation from CNN was misinterpreting the real deal. Guess its true.

So for all members reading, he was talking about the troops on military exercise.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

Might want to read it again. This comment is in reference to Russian military forces inside Crimea, which has been confirmed. Putin is stating there are no Russian military forces in Crimea. He has stated the units without insignias are "Ukrainian militia".

I was not aware the "self defense militia" had access to Russian Helicopters, Russian Black Sea military vehicles or Russian Black Sea Naval vessels.

Putin estimated the total number of "self defense forces" in Crimea at 6k.. The number of Russian forces deployed.

Do you have any evidence that those vehicles are Russians..?? You muricans are always looking for something to bash Russians (with your ever growing failed diplomacies).

Just take the man’s word and be gone already.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

amkia

Do you have any evidence that those vehicles are Russians..?? You muricans are always looking for something to bash Russians (with your ever growing failed diplomacies).

Seriously? Have you not been following the thread?

Explain why even the Russian Defence Minister can't work out why these soldiers with no insignia are running around in clearly identified Russian military plated vehicles?

See following images. Look closely at the number plate. Note the "RUS". The vehicle is a GAZ Tigr.

Read the following. I do feel sorry for him but he has no other choice but to go along with the farce.

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on Wednesday denied that Russian forces are currently deployed in Ukraine's Crimea region and said that video footage showing Russian license plates on the military vehicles was "complete nonsense."

Shoigu responded to journalists' questions Wednesday by saying that he did not know how the unidentified forces came to possess the Lynx and Tiger armored cars that are used by the Russian military.

Other images at following links showing Russian military plates. The type of footage that the Russian Minister of Defence declares as "complete nonsense"

Image 1

Image 2

Same image as posted in the thread, but shows full Russian military plate

Image 3

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

In addition to Russian military aircraft and helicopters.

All of Ukraine's are accounted for and since the airspace was closed and only Russian aircraft allowed to fly..

what we are seeing is the "blink" from Putin.

When Ukraine did not respond militarily, is put pressure on Putin to justify his actions. the more claims he made, the more people wanted him to support those claims with evidence. Something he has failed to do. There was no issues with Putin talking up his military intervention, right up to the point the justification for the intervention failed. Russia fought tooth and nail to have the UN meetings closed, and lost out.

Then, all of a sudden, Russia had no forces in Crimea and all those people without insignias are "self defense militias". Putin states Russia would never attack Ukraine... Then he uses the term Constitutional "coup", which really is a phrase he should not have used. In this case the Ukrainian government used the Constitution to lawfully remove the former President, or in other words a constitutional coup.

It would be the equivalent of the 25th amendment (US Constitution) being invoked.

Also, the former President of Ukraine submitted his resignation, then tried to walk it back. The fact Putin is now publicly distancing himself from the former Ukrainian President speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

amkia

Xcathdra

MessageforAll
Wth? I watched the Q&A of Putin on RT, He never said he was pulling back his troops, he said the troops who where on the surprise exercise are coming back.

I read tweets of people saying the translation from CNN was misinterpreting the real deal. Guess its true.

So for all members reading, he was talking about the troops on military exercise.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

Might want to read it again. This comment is in reference to Russian military forces inside Crimea, which has been confirmed. Putin is stating there are no Russian military forces in Crimea. He has stated the units without insignias are "Ukrainian militia".

I was not aware the "self defense militia" had access to Russian Helicopters, Russian Black Sea military vehicles or Russian Black Sea Naval vessels.

Putin estimated the total number of "self defense forces" in Crimea at 6k.. The number of Russian forces deployed.

how about this...

Attack the facts being used, not the poster reporting them.

If you and the others can produce facts to support your argument, there would be no need to launch personal attacks, or to tell a person to leave simply because you don't like what he is saying (Something that is very Putin by the way).

You want to prove me wrong, im all for it. I look forward to your facts and links to the source to support your position. Also, if you link a youtube video, try and link back to the source where the video came from. It gets old seeing a youtube video posted with nothing else mentioned to place the video into context. I make that request since we have had issues with youtube being used, only to find out the footage is not even from the region.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wrong move by Putin. Russia is only going to decline in strength from this day forward. The west and China are going to want their resources eventually no matter how much they try to appease them so the only course of action for Russia is to wage war. They will probably lose but this is the best chance they will ever get of winning. Crimea looks fortress like to me so it would be a good bottle neck for western forces and the east will need a nuclear scorched earth strategy where Russian territory is made unlivable and unusable for enemy forces as was the theory behind previous scorched earth strategies during French and German invasions.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is Putin's end game...He is taking a chunk of Ukraine..

Crimea lawmakers vote to join Russia
www.cnn.com...

Russian Military plus FSS (KGB), and spec ops have put the pieces in place to rig an upcoming "special referendum" calling for Crimea ceding from Ukraine and joining Russia. The EU and everyone will shout about it, but Europe and the US wont go to war. It's a soft-war and seizure....30 years ago the USSR would have simply rolled in with tanks and declared Crimea theirs...Now it's half invasion/occupation and a pretend "vote" at gunpoint...legitimacy be damned, they just need a sufficient cover story to spin it enough where the world community will take their medicine and move along.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So Czar Putin pulled his forces back? Is that because the Crimean Parliament was forced into voting to rejoin Russia?
Take a quick look at this, and you'll see it all happen....

Crimea Parliament Votes to Join Russia

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I was under the impression it would be a vote of the people, not the illegal Crimean governments?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Indigo5

I was under the impression it would be a vote of the people, not the illegal Crimean governments?

There will be referendum 16 march, and the Crimean government is not illegal, the act of Crimean government is illegal.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

xavi1000

Xcathdra
reply to post by Indigo5

There will be referendum 16 march, and the Crimean government is not illegal, the act of Crimean government is illegal.

Fair point.. My apologies, you are correct.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Some sort of backdoor deal made with someone

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

kiraltempe
Some sort of backdoor deal made with someone

Crimea and Russia?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Indigo5

Russia has had the FSS (New KGB) and full Spec Ops on the ground for weeks. They have been working with? Coercing? Threatening? Collaborating with? the local legislature in Crimea to put together and pass a Referendum to hold a vote for the Crimea region to cede from Ukraine. I have Zero doubt that the election will be a fraud, rigged. It will be supervised my the Russian forces, Funded and organized by the Russian government etc. No election monitors, no EU monitors, no UN Monitors...not even the Ukrainian monitors...It's a soft-occupation-and-seizure...the "vote" is nothing more than a show to spin..."We are taking Crimea". And frankly, no one is going to stop them. The USA sure as hell is not going to start a world war over it. It makes it no less BS though...Russia is sliding backwards, not forwards...they are looking at a second "Perestroika" in the next decade. Corruption is rampant there, Foreign investors have been fleeing as Putin has treated them as easy marks for shaking down or arresting. Their government under Putin is nothing more than an institutionalized criminal organization...arresting and killing journalists who speak out and shaking down or arresting Billionaire investors for money. Pretty soon it's going to come to a head. But in the meanwhile...they are taking a chunk of the Ukraine.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well Russia pulled the plug on media in Crimea. Foreign journalists are now being targeted and threatened. A second UN envoy was refused entrance.

It makes one wonder what Russia is hiding.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Indigo5

Well Russia pulled the plug on media in Crimea. Foreign journalists are now being targeted and threatened. A second UN envoy was refused entrance.

It makes one wonder what Russia is hiding.

No kidding..look what happens to this kid who thought he would film the Russian military in crimea..Bleary eyed thugs with Vodka breath..

edit on 7-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join