It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pulls Back Troops, Says No Need for Military Action in Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

According to you it seems that if Putin took a crap he'd be in the wrong!

What the hells the matter with you? Are you annoyed Putin is coming out clean and genuine? Isn't that he is, in the interests of world peace and to the benefit of Ukraine?

Of course it is...i understand why agitators that would wish to see him screw up over this, but why are you on such a warpath over Putin?

It is clear he's taking this issue in his stride, which for the situation and the people caught up in it, is surely a great thing...no?

The bloke tells it like it is, and either way you're never satisfied...he states his ligitimate right to protect those military assets in Crimea, he already has 16,000 troops situated in Crimea as per long standing agreement with Ukraine, and could if he wanted to, also as per long standing agreement, add another 9,000 - 10,000 troops without a moments notice!

The Black sea fleet and port is a major part of this long standing agreement between Russian Federation and Ukraine, so what's the issue with Russian troops in Crimea?

You got a problem with long standing agreements for Russian troop stationed in Crimea suddenly?

The Russian troops the world and his dog has been getting hysterical over, have been explained as 'snap military readiness drills', every army and Navy in the WORLD has these on a fairly regular basis...the USA does, the UK does, China does and yes, surprising as it seems, Russia does too!

USA is currently running a large military drill right off the coast of North Korea as a i type this post...i think that's fine too don't you?...drills are only drills.

Are you upset that your anti-Putin posting over the last few days has been for nothing of what? Surely personal pride and standing on an anonymous forum isn't more important to you than the truth of all of this...is it?

Reading between the lines of your posts, the man can do no right...he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't according to you mate.

My advise would be to relax a bit more and take a deep breath or two..not everything is as bleak or hysterical as it seems or as bleak as your posting would insinuate that it is.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

So when you cant attack the facts, you attack the poster.

ok....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

MessageforAll
I don't believe either sides, I try to stay as neutral as I can, until the right propaganda gets to me.

Whats the Wrong propaganda in your opinion then?

Also, so this wasn't as he claims a 'Surprise exercise then?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Putin is stating there are no Russian military forces in Crimea.

When did he say that?

You're totally wrong, he never said that.

There are around 16,000 Russian troops, ligitamately stationed in Crimea, as per long standing agreement.

There are no Russian INVASION military forces in Crimea...a VERY big difference.

The fact that the Russian drills have ended and the troops have returned to their bases in Russia is going to upset a lot of the talking heads in the West, who've been using it as rabid propaganda gold...but, unfortunately for the warmongers there's no gold, only the normally, stationed troops allowed to be there, quite legally and ligitamately...don't you thing some of those helicopters and vehicles you keep going on about could possibly belong to the troops stationed in Crimea?

Or do you imagine the 16,000 of them get around on bycicles or on foot while they're stationed there?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I've pointed out the facts to you...if you want to attempt to turn that around and accuse me of attacking you in order for you to actually attack me...fine with me mate...i'm not about to go crying to a mod over it, i'm a big boy now.

Can't handle the heat...don't post so many posts that can be easily mistaken for deliberately inflamatory posts is my advice.

If you want to discuss what was actually said and what the facts actually are without an posting an anti-putin bias for what seems like purely to get across your anti-Putin bias, i'm all ears.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

This is what happens when you fail to read the article -

As far as reports of Russian troops on the ground in the Crimea region, which several journalists have confirmed, Putin denied they were part of his regime, citing the fact that their uniforms were unmarked. According to the Washington Post

The "Russian" troops, per Putin, are not Russian troops, but "self defense militias" made up of Ukrainians.

Respectfully, please read the article before attacking me. That way we can remain on topic instead of having to deal with this type of crap. Thread topics being buried under pages of useless back and forth in an effort to bury the info.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Whats up with the personal approach Slayer?

If you ask me you have to be stupid to think you and I know what's really happening, I can't say you are wrong and I am right, I can only hope when I hear/read something and I get a somewhat sympathizing feeling towards it, that my mind makes the right judgement.

We live in a world where we get to choose the lesser evil, which is still evil. And my remark on the propaganda was, some people will follow you blindly when you use heaps of dead children, some will follow you when you give a few interviews from raped women.

Point is, doesn't matter what you think is right, there comes a moment, when you will hear something you will wanna hear, just to gave you a false feeling of what is the right way to act.

About the surprise exercise, I'm sure it wasn't, but that has nothing to do with the title of the article. If there is a new thread talking about Putin saying it is a surprise exercise I will post and say Bullocks.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by MysterX

This is what happens when you fail to read the article -

As far as reports of Russian troops on the ground in the Crimea region, which several journalists have confirmed, Putin denied they were part of his regime, citing the fact that their uniforms were unmarked. According to the Washington Post

The "Russian" troops, per Putin, are not Russian troops, but "self defense militias" made up of Ukrainians.

Respectfully, please read the article before attacking me. That way we can remain on topic instead of having to deal with this type of crap. Thread topics being buried under pages of useless back and forth in an effort to bury the info.

Read the article?

What article...all you've posted is a quote, no source and written that a few journos have authored it...basically you wrote nothing at all, except more unsubstantiated drivel.

If you so concerned with the 'facts not being buried' with actual discussion...perhaps you'd do better by actually providing LINKS?

edit on 4-3-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

MessageforAll
About the surprise exercise, I'm sure it wasn't, but that has nothing to do with the title of the article. If there is a new thread talking about Putin saying it is a surprise exercise I will post and say Bullocks.

Part of the article is about troops pulling back from the exercises. Feel free to discuss it in this thread if you want. At the very least it would help keep the thread on topic.

As opposed to the post proving my earlier point above yours.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I get the feeling that those forces inside Crimea are not technically considered Russian troops at all. He sounds like he knows international law well enough to get around things, is what I mean by that. In saying that it also means that he is not talking about them when ever he mentions Russian Troops.

What I get from this is that Ukraine didn't act against the "unmarked troops," so Putin doesn't need to officially invade to get what he wants. He already has popular opinion on his side, and probably deals made.

The title is very misleading. I wish people in power knew that propaganda works in the short run, but in the longer run those who grow up don't know how the real world works and so we repeat old mistakes. In the long run propaganda hurts the home country.

At least this calms things down a bit though. It makes me feel like Obama and Putin are playing a game and as long as the people buy into the game both can take turns winning (land money influence) , while only losing reputation. Neither of them need reputation, so it's a good trade for them.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yeah, sorry mate, it seems I just can't write down in words what I exactly mean.
My lack of proper English is disturbing.

On topic, it's a tricky one, who is to say these aren't the stationed troops who where there already? I don't know i'm grasping at straws. He is building up a military presence in Crimea, question where is he gonna say stop.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

MessageforAll

Thanks for the reply

That's all I was asking.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightLight

That raises some other issues entirely to be honest.

Russia already confirmed they had military forces in / additional deployed to Crimea.

If the "self defense militias" are not Russian, then why are they telling people they must contact Moscow for directions (reported for the airfield incident)?

If they are not Russian forces, then Ukraine has the authority to engage those forces would they not? Ukraine would have the authority to request military assistance from other nations would they not?

The Russian naval vessels that blockaded the harbor and is refusing to allow Ukrainian military vessels (2 of them) out. Those orders had to come from Russia yes? They are after all, Russian naval forces.

Putin / Russian government have given so many conflicting answers that I don't even think they know what they are doing now.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Err, yw? If you could see my face right now.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

OKAY.. What amazing technology does the united states have that can cause Russia to pull back 150k troops. I don't buy the BS about sanctions, other countries being pissed....ect.

I find it entirely to strange.. based on reading various media sources that Russia's is now.... Oh my bad these 150k troops were just training next to your border.. instead of anywhere else in the massive country.... Honest....LMAO.

Love it

Although I would rather Russia and the US stand down then lob nukes at each other.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well misleading or not CNBC took the bait . They just had a banner across the bottom that said " futures jump on russian troop movement'' .... no link, live tv. But I'm sure anyone can see it . I assume this is the same ' troop movement'.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

On topic...without the amateur psychology 'some' are trying to employ on this thread;p

16,000 (+/-) Russian troops are permenently stationed in Crimea, quite legally, and in accordance with long standing and paid for agreement with Ukraine.

150,000 (+/-) Russian Federation troops, involved in 'snap combat readiness drills', the same type of drills ALL other military conducts to test thier readiness from time to time, have now completed their drills, and GONE HOME back to their bases in Russia.

NO invasion.

YES there are Russian troops in Crimea, YES they have access to military hardware (Obviously...they're the military!) and YES they will be prepared to keep law and order, protect civilians and prevent violence if it should come to Crimea from neo-nationalistic thugs who have been shoehorned into Ukraine government.

YES, the new government (mentioned above) have already BANNED Russian being spoken by thousands of ethnic Russians, BANNED Russian language being printed and used by native language Russian people, and LIFTED the ban on FAR-RIGHT wing, neo-fascist propaganda, symbols (swastika etc) and paraphenalia in Ukraine.

So...do the large majority percentage have anything to worry about, given all the above FACT?

Is there a justified cause for them to ask Russia for the use of it's troops, already stationed in Crimea (as mentioned above) for their help and protection if things turn ugly and violent for them?

You be the judge...bear in mind though, if a far-right groups barged into power in the US or UK, Germany or France and banned your native language from being printed or even spoken, and lifted a ban on NAZI symbology and adornments from being used..would you start to worry?

These are the facts.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Dizak

OKAY.. What amazing technology does the united states have that can cause Russia to pull back 150k troops. I don't buy the BS about sanctions, other countries being pissed....ect.

I find it entirely to strange.. based on reading various media sources that Russia's is now.... Oh my bad these 150k troops were just training next to your border.. instead of anywhere else in the massive country.... Honest....LMAO.

Love it

Although I would rather Russia and the US stand down then lob nukes at each other.

We all rather that i think.

If you're cynical about 150K Russian troops holding a drill near to the Ukrainian border, i wonder, are you equally cynical about thousands of US troops and warships holding a similar military drill just off the coast of North Korea?

Or is it not as bad, because it's the US doing it and not them telling others not to?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join