It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation that family members come to see you after death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

999zxcv
i am not a religious person by nature BUT i have seen things that make even me go mmmm.

Hi 999zxcv.
I dont think we need religeon to have life after death. We tend to think that way because all we've ever been offered is - Believe in god and you can go to heaven, or, dont believe and expect nothing!

I do not believe in gods whatsoever, but I'm completely open minded on life after death, in whatever form it may be.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I offer my most sincere condolences in your loss.

I experienced things immediately following the tragic death of my father. No doubt it happens for some.

Stay strong.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Thanks for sharing op. I was always agnostic more skeptic growing up but when I was 15 I had an experience with my grandfather the night he passed. It was a Saturday night and I was the only one up that late... I was downstairs watching tv with the dog when out of nowhere you could just feel a presence and the dog became alerted to something on the stairs and ran over and barked. I thought it odd that she barked so I got up to see if it was my father or my little brother up, I heard movement on the stairs so I followed it and as I went up to the living room I could see the silhouette of a man, not my father, sitting in the living room in the dark. The hair stood up on the back of my neck I stood there speechless and then it just faded into the darkness. The next morning very early my dad got the phone call about grandpa and when they said that it was just before midnight that he passed I thought it had to be him.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Harking back to the to a story my mother always told me happened on christmas day 1965, she told me that around three in the afternoon after xmas dinner, my father beagn to shiver and shake, like when you have flu, my mother asked him what was wrong and he replied.."feels like someones just walked over my grave" he replied( which is a common english expresion).

The next day they recieved a message.

My Uncle, my fathers brother, was a fisherman out of the port of Hull, in N.E England (where i'm from) and about 3pm in the afternoon of xmas day he'd been washed overboard in the North Sea. They looked for him but never found his body.

Maybe he felt the cold his brother felt as he was drowning...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is a fact.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Ubei2 and everyone else - thanks for your story's. Seems there is much more to life than is commonly known.

Answer
Sorry for your loss.

I would like to know more about why you feel that your brother would be the target of a government conspiracy.

I should have known better, but having been critical of varius agencies here and elsewhere - I guess my mind wandered in that direction. The individuals whom may have triggered the avalanche were not locals, but through their conversation (I'm currently unaware of verification) with the known survivor prior to the event they claimed to be from DC. I am not aware of their employment nor whether it has anything to do with government. At this point that's all I have to say about it.

I'm also curious about the line in the news article that says he was found because his "boots had a tracking device." I've never heard of a commercially available ski boot with GPS tracking...

The Recco system is a SAR tool used to find riders under avalanche debris. Kevins boots had reflective chips that echo a signal put out by the Recco device - essentially a Radar. Unfortunately had he known he was going to end up in such an area he should have had a avalanche transceiver which would made him easier to find.

A set of circumstances, misunderstandings, miscommunication and poor decisions put them in an area that was beyond a risk he would have normally taken. He was an easy going guy that skied 60 days a year who was tripped up out of his normal routine. I wasn't there, but I was his skiing partner for more than 30 years and know he loved life, his wife and kids too much to take such a risk. He refused to mountain climb with me, because of the inherent dangers. He survived the first slide and took several photos of that debris. His go pro cam was recording through the end when the second slide overtook him, but that data will not be released here.

edit on 3/5/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
My mum took her own life in September last year.
About a month or so later, a week before her funeral, I had a dream where my family and I were waiting at a train station. Her train arrived and she stepped off wearing a red dress. I approached her while the rest of my family stood away with their backs turned. She asked me what was going on. I told her I love her but everyone is mad about what she'd done. She looked confused.
My mum then moved towards the rest of my family for a moment before getting back on the train and departing.
Apart from my wife, this is the first time I've expressed this dream. It still troubles me.

I've interpreted this in two ways.

This was myself, subconsciously, detaching itself from my mother as I never had a chance to say good bye. And or. This was my mum coming to say her farewells before travelling to the other side.
I don't know what was said when she moved over to the rest of my family but I haven't dreamt of her since.
edit on 5/3/14 by spearhead because: Toad

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
R.I.P Kevin [SNIP]
May your blessing of a goodbye give your brother some comfort.

OP: Sorry for your loss

Shaun

edit on 5-3-2014 by Gemwolf because: Removed personal information

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't doubt your story for a second. I remember when my grandmother passed away a few years back now and mu Uncle's dog staring intently at her ceiling in the living room of her house after we left her at the hospital. Just one of many occasions I have experienced the presence of a departed loved one.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The family line all seek that one that has installed/recorded the escape Door so all may exit their space-time recordings (prison)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interesting thread. So sorry for your loss!

In cleaning out my dad's apartment after he died many years ago, I discovered a box of letters and papers with a note on the top which read "If I die, please burn the contents." I did not have the ability or inclination to carry out his request at the time, so I packed the box up along with everything else and drove back out to California where it sat in my basement for several months. One night, curiosity or boredom got the better of me and I brought the box up to the living room where I began reading some of the letters inside, most of which were sweet and innocent love letters from their high school years back in the 40's. I felt a bit guilty but wondered the harm in peering through this small window into my parent's young romance. After a bit, I packed the box up and put it back in the basement and went to bed. I woke up to the smell of smoke coming from the basement and ran down to see a small fire from the basement furnace had burnt that box and nothing else! I was able to extinguish it well before the fire department arrived and no other damage was done to the house other than the furnace which my insurance replaced.

One could reasonably argue that I had placed the box too close to the furnace and yet.....I can't help but think my dad had something to do with it.

By the way, thanks to everyone for your sharings. Fascinating and comforting. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were possible to pierce the veil at will, but perhaps there are rules that require we be left in the dark except for these small and serendipitous events that have us scratching our heads.
edit on 5-3-2014 by gwynned because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Scent, sound and visuals are ways they can make their presence known, pay attention to nuances and coincidence.

I smell marlboro cig smoke when my grandpa comes around. No one has or does smoke in this house.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Last July my wife's grandmother passed away. Before she died my wife spent a lot of time with her and mentioned a few times her grandma talking about her (dead) husband waiting by her side and that he told her she wasn't ready to go yet. Once all of her kids were able to see her she died not much after that.

So I definitely believe that we are visited and especially in our time of need whether that's your death bed or times of feeling lost or sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Oh, I'm so, so sorry to hear that. That is a terrible thing to happen anyone. It may be ineffectual, but I'm sending a virtual hug to you (it will probably be in the form of an affectionate cat!).
I hope you're doing ok.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am sorry for your loss, but also I 100% believe you will see him (and everyone who went before you) again!

I was fortunate enough to meet my wife's grandparents while they were still here. They were already fairly old when I met them and already in somewhat failing health. Her grandmother ended up dying first, and it was only a few months before her grandfather followed her to the great beyond. The thing is, in the days before he died he told us that she (his wife) was sitting in the corner just waiting for him. He had said that he knew she really couldn't be there, but he would see her anyway - just sitting in the corner. He never said that it "scared" him or anything like that, but soon after her "visits" he went to be with her again.

My sister-in-law is a nurse and she has told me that, in her experience and other nurses and doctors that she knows, this is not uncommon. People who are literally at death's door will say that they can see loved ones in the room that have died previously. And these are people who have nothing mentally wrong with them. So I absolutely believe that those who have "moved on" before us will be there to greet us and show us around when it's our turn to go.

Thank you OP for sharing your story.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

sled735
Thank you for sharing that heart-felt story with us.
I'm really sorry for your loss, but you have validation that he is still with you. Any time you need to speak to him, just do it and he'll hear you. You can even ask him to visit you in a dream on the astral realm. I have met my dad there many times. It's so awesome to see them again after they've been gone awhile.

Sled - while I do believe you, I have to ask how you are able to do this? I lost my brother almost a year ago. He was actually my brother-in-law, but was as close to a brother as I have ever had (I only have sisters). He was only 4 days older than me (meaning he was born 4 days before me). I still, after almost a year, miss him so much that I'm tearing up as I write this. I have asked him to visit my dreams, but he hasn't yet.

While I know he'll be there to greet me when it's my time to go, I still would like to hear from him - but maybe he knows that I would just write that off as "wishful dreaming" or something. Perhaps he has come around my house to visit, I don't know, but I am one of those people who writes off various noises and creaks and etc. as the house settling or wind or other mundane explanations such as this.

Is there anything other than simply asking that you do to see your father? I often suffer from insomnia and I rarely dream, so maybe that's a problem?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I won't comment on the paranormal aspect of this. But I wanted to touch on the out of body experience associated with your concussion...

I received a major concussion playing football in the 10th grade. I was knocked completely unconscious for around 25-40 seconds. To this day I do not remember the hit (I played safety and got chop blocked by a WR at the same time I was making a play on the ball when the TE drove me into the turf). I remember going for the ball and feeling my legs come out from under me, but that's it. I also remember the headache when I woke up.

With that said I had a vivid out of body experience where I watched myself convulsing and vomiting while my friends and coaches were circled around me. In my "dream" my best friend RJ had his hand on my cleat. I woke up on the field and had to be taken to the emergency room later that night due to balance issues and because I was uncontrollably tired. When I watched the video of the hit the next day, sure enough RJ was kneeling down and reaching out holding onto my foot.

I know that your eyes typically stay open when you've been knocked out. They might have a reactionary close at moment of impact but they typically open wide and your pupils will dilate when you have been knocked unconscious. I've always told myself that even though I don't remember it my brain actually saw it all happening and built the out of body experience for me...

My head has never been the same. I've had 6 concussions since then. 2 in the remainder of football and 2 from boxing. The other two were random things but I don't think a typical person would have gotten a concussion from them (Knocked my head on a metal pipe and biking accident), but I think I've weakened my brain cage. I'll randomly see flashes of light which happened frequently for weeks following the concussions. I also suffered from violent mood swings for months following the first and second concussions and was even kicked off the team in High School for fighting.

So in your post the thing that jumped out at me was how you described an out of body experience during a concussion and the bright flash of light which seemed to move. I have experienced the same.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
verlowfrequency, so very sorry for your loss.

there is no doubt this was your brother. the method often varies, doesn't it, but it always involves air and light and probably the same message...love.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing.

Sending you hugs. Be strong.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First of all, like many here, i would like to say i am so sorry for your loss.

I also believe they visit. It's happened a couple of times to me, to the extent that i too can say it's "confirmation". Not visual.. but other things...

My father passed away when i was 12 years old. He died suddenly of a heart attack in the kitchen of our house. Of course, as soon as possible an ambulance came and we followed. The neighbors were out (any opportunity to have a nose around! - i'm kidding, they really cared) My next door neighbor and another neighbor, both whom we are still very close with to this day, were in our drive way after we had left for the hospital... trying to process what had happened. They were frightened to say the least when all of a sudden the closed garage door started banging and rattling rather loud. A couple of other neighbors heard this also.... and one of them had it happen to them previously when a relative of theirs passed... banging on something.. in this case, my garage. Almost like my father was angry to see what had happened and that he had to leave.

Note : The garage door was banging. It's metal, and therefore just a tap is loud.. haha. There was nothing in my garage that could have made a noise. Nothing moving in there!

People could say there's no proof of this... but like i said, we were and still are VERY close to these neighbors. One of their daughters i grew up with ALL my life and is like a sister to me. I know, especially at such a sensitive time, that they wouldn't fabricate such a story.

Other 'off' things have happened since. Hot spots on my mother's bed when she is upset, like someone is / had been sat on my fathers side of the bed. The first night back at the house after he had passed the house alarm would NOT set for toffee. The whole house seemed to be playing up and not settling. One time, me and my brother were sat in the living room and there was a card on the table (a birthday/thank you card of sorts) and it literally just turned around on it's own. No movement from either me or my brother. It scraped along the table and turned around facing the other way.

Some very strange things happen after you lose someone so close. And i think it's nice in a way... I doubt it'll be the last you hear/see from your brother in spirit.

I hope you're doing well, and i wish you all the best.
edit on 5-3-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join