It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin gives a press conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No video yet.

A lot of important points were made.

He says Russia will only use military force in the worst case scenario. It means when nationalists will attack Russians in Ukraine.

He stated that armed groups that are currently being observed in Crimea are not Russian military. These are Crimean militia (likely from Sevastopol).

He is directly blaming US and western countires for events that are taking place in Ukraine now.
Even more, he blames decicions made by US Federal Reserve System for the recent plunge in Russian market.

The press conference was very interesting, you should watch it, but not coverage of it on your mainstream media.
Please post video if it arrives before I come back.

edit on 4-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I believe this is the press conference you are referring to:

I unfortunately don't speak Russian and can't translate or understand it

Namaste,

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Etherguide
No video yet.

A lot of important points were made.

He says Russia will only use military force in the worst case scenario. It means when nationalists will attack Russians in Ukraine.

Of which Crimea is only 60% russian. So what happens when the russian "speakers" attack the 40% non russian ukrainians. More likely now.

He stated that armed groups that are currently being observed in Crimea are not Russian military. These are Crimean militia (likely from Sevastopol).

Yeah yeah, blah blah blah, sorry I'm not that dumb. they are armed russians in the ukraine.

He is directly blaming US and western countires for events that are taking place in Ukraine now.

Well he is not going to blame himself is he.......pointless but entirely predictable statement.

Even more, he blames decicions made by US Federal Reserve System for the recent plunge in Russian market.

Now this is getting desperate (as in blaming the US for everything) and shows a considerable lack of knowledge and that is that the money people (who don't care about colour, race, religion, borders etc ONLY money) know what the consequences are for capital in this situation.

Putin has his 19th century "we are soviets" hat on and has completely missjudged the effect he has had on the 21st century market based economy that Russia is now a member off. Some of the russian mafia will be having a quiet word in their sons ear right now!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I saw this earlier on RT.

Impressive statesman and gave a good open and totally non-pretentious interview.

I couldn't help drawing mental comparisons between Putins interview here, and what we're used to seeing of our politicians here in the West.

This was an open and natural, cordial interview given in this interview by Putin, the atmosphere was casual, there was no desk or lecturn to 'hide behind' as so many others tend to do, none of the usual over the top, ostentatious and patronising 'i'm the parent, you're the child' attitude most shown by other heads of state.

He answered the questions given to him without any notes or auto-cues, which shows at the very least he knows and is actively involved in what he's talking about, rather than relying on a speech prepared by others and loaded onto an auto-cue to read off parrot fashion, like many leaders i'm sure we can all think of always do.

Many of them would only just be able to recall their own names without an auto-cue, let alone speak intelligently, freely and openly on complex, real-time issues like Ukraine.

It's worth a look if you mssed it...this is what a genuine politician looks like, rather than the dishonest, plastic puppets we're used to seeing paraded out for photo and TV ops and soundbites.

edit on 4-3-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
To the World: The Government of the USA is not the people of the USA.

Our Government has gone rogue and has stopped being a representative Government of the American People long ago, so remember that "We the People" are NOT your enemy and act accordingly.
As a Veteran I love my country dearly, but it stopped being a Government "of the People" "for the People" many years ago, it is broken and corrupt beyond repair.
Many have awoken from their sleep and are now seeing the light but sadly many more will never see that light. Many are hypnotized by patriotism, the we are the "Good Guys" patriotism and the my Government can do no wrong patriotism. For many the realization that we are not the "Good Guys" comes as a slap in the face, and the past decade we have been slapped way too many times. Over and over again we have been slapped by the lie's and path's this rogue Government has taken this country all in the name of Righteousness, Democracy and Freedom...."We the People" have had enough.

So once again as this Rogue regime takes the People of this nation and world on a path towards war and destruction I say to you..Forgive us for not acting as Americans and allowing this to reach this point.

We the People are NOT our Government". Please act accordingly.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
To the World: The Government of the USA is not the people of the USA.

Our Government has gone rogue and has stopped being a representative Government of the American People long ago, so remember that "We the People" are NOT your enemy and act accordingly.
As a Veteran I love my country dearly, but it stopped being a Government "of the People" "for the People" many years ago, it is broken and corrupt beyond repair.
Many have awoken from their sleep and are now seeing the light but sadly many more will never see that light. Many are hypnotized by patriotism, the we are the "Good Guys" patriotism and the my Government can do no wrong patriotism. For many the realization that we are not the "Good Guys" comes as a slap in the face, and the past decade we have been slapped way too many times. Over and over again we have been slapped by the lie's and path's this rogue Government has taken this country all in the name of Righteousness, Democracy and Freedom...."We the People" have had enough.

So once again as this Rogue regime takes the People of this nation and world on a path towards war and destruction I say to you..Forgive us for not acting as Americans and allowing this to reach this point.

We the People are NOT our Government". Please act accordingly.

Correct. I wouldn't even bother with this wishy-washy economic stuff. I'd sail the fleet up the Bosphorus and not let any relief ships reach the Crimean Peninsula.

top topics

join