It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CT 2nd Amendment group throws down the gauntlet: "bring it on".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Connecticut Carry, a pro-freedom group, has issued the following press release:

To Officials of the State of Connecticut: Either Enforce or Repeal 2013 Anti-gun Laws.

It’s time for the State to enforce the tyranny they passed or repeal it entirely.

Before anyone gets too carried away, they are advocating a peaceful solution.

State officials have made their bluff, and Undersecretary Lawlor has made his position clear, that the State will enforce the laws. We say: Bring it on.

Either enforce the laws as they are written and let us fight it out in court, or else repeal the 2013 Gun Ban in its entirety.

The officials of the State of Connecticut have threatened its citizens by fiat. They have roared on paper, but they have violated Principle. Now it's time for the State to man-up: either enforce its edicts or else stand-down and return to the former laws that did not so violently threaten the citizens of this state.

But there are some classic lines in the press release. Its worth reading in its entirety.

Here are some of my favorite:

They dreamed up those laws, in their tyrannical dystopias, but it was NOT the majority of the public that supported such laws.

The anti-gun legislators and officials are scared to implement their tyranny because they know that they did not have any sort of ‘consent of the governed’.

Now, State officials look down the barrel of the laws that they created, and it is very probably that they now tremble as they rethink the extremity of their folly.

There is nothing that will so completely destroy faith in those edicts faster than the State-provoked chaos and violence that will be required to enforce the 2013 anti-gun laws. Connecticut residents should not have to live in perpetual fear of "the jack boot" coming down on them.

If officials of the State of Connecticut opt to get ‘froggy’ (jumping on citizens) and start to enforce the new laws (as officials have claimed a desire to do), Connecticut Carry stands ready to do whatever it takes and whatever it can do to represent and defend anyone impacted by the State’s violence.

Look. The last thing ANYONE wants is for people to get "froggy". No ones getting froggy ok!?

The law makers of CT are just going to have to repeal their stupid anti-gun laws.

And should they start arresting people for "violating" recent gun laws, everyone in CT should be ready to perform their civic "duty":

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

There are many cases where I am a big fan of jury nulification.

The laws in CT are one of those times.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The way I see this is as a 'testing' ground. The way I see this playing out ( if not this time, sometime in the future), those who oppose the law congregate to march against it. SOMEONE will start shooting ( and I believe it will be people DISGUISED as activists), then all he11 breaks loose. Marshall law.

Other states may follow suit. If not, then another 'squeeze' on the people will be implemented. I have NO DOUBT whatsoever that America WILL be disarmed.
It might not happen this year, or next- or even in this generation, but it will happen.

I'm really not a doom-and-gloomer; I've just always been good at reading between the lines.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It seems the 2nd amendment is the only element in the Bill of Rights and the rest of the US constitution that is worth sacrificing your lives and the lives of your families for. I find that remarkable.

We are not talking about a broad interpretation in CT either, we are talking about a very narrow interpretation of certain types of guns that now have to be registered and a reduction in magazine capacity. But certain people are willing to die to fight that? That's a tremendous amount of conviction. Of course this amount of conviction is welcome, as long as it is sincere.

I just wish that conviction could be distributed to the 1st and 4th amendments. The US has all but lost those and these same "guns or nothing" patriots didn't have nearly as much conviction about that.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

We are not talking about a broad interpretation in CT either, we are talking about a very narrow interpretation of certain types of guns that now have to be registered and a reduction in magazine capacity. But certain people are willing to die to fight that? That's a tremendous amount of conviction. Of course this amount of conviction is welcome, as long as it is sincere.

I know, right? These people sign up to catch rapists and murders and here they'll be sent to grandpas door to collect an inanimate object.

Amazing somebody would sign up to catch a bullet in the face for such a pointless task.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That video needs to be played on every television set across America!

Well said and extremely informative information to be had here. The entire idea is blatantly disregarded as judges and "attorneys" across the nation try to sway a jury to forget about their civic duties and rights. This video should be a must watch for everyone in this nation because if you have a social security number, you can be called for jury duty. As a juror, or pool of jurors, we should know beforehand that WE can stop these malicious and unjust laws from being forced down our throats.

Excellent find!

top topics

join