It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Russian forces fire warning shots in Ukraine as as Kerry heads to Kiev / RT Announcer speaks out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Xcathdra

khimbar
IF RT didn't air the segment, how did someone record it?

RT recorded it.. Was the segment replayed during non live hours? Is there a delay between speaking and broadcasting (US media does that, adding in a time delay in order to head of foul language (giving time to be able to bleep it etc). Did someone at RT who saw it post it so it could get out?

I don't have an answer, just possibilities. I pulled it from one of the twitter feeds from xavi1000's initial twitter link. I typed crimea in on the search and it popped.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Just curious. I've seen her programme many times, I never thought they were live though.

I wonder if it was broadcast live, recorded, and now will be edited out of the repeats.

Well done her though.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ukraine reports ultimatums being given to their forces in Crimea.

Putin states they are not giving ultimatums.

Best guess - The ukrainian forces that defected to Russia are the ones giving ultimatums.

A way to trigger a conflict while being able to claim ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
God the propaganda from Russia is never ending.

Apparently Putin is now stating there are no Russian forces in Crimea. All forces present are Ukrainian self defense forces. So if something sparks an encounter, Putin will play it off as Ukrainian government attacking ethnic Russians.

Apparently the total number of self defense force volunteers in Crimea range upwards of.... wait for it..... 6,000 members.

Self-defense forces ranks swell in anticipation of Crimea showdown with radicals

The Crimean popular army made up of locals and former Ukrainian armed forces braces for possible impact with right-wing radicals making their way toward the region.

The situation at checkpoints in the south-Ukrainian autonomous republic is tense. There are growing local fears of a collision between the popular self-defense forces and the right-wing separatists from the mainland. Two roads lead into the region. A growing number of locals of all walks of life and varying military experience are beginning to man the checkpoints.

“We want peace in our country, we don’t want what was happening in Kiev, we don’t want people to be hit with Molotov cocktails, or be shot or killed,” Aleksandr, a local resident, told RT.

“I don’t want war, but if it happens, no one will ask us, I guess.”

They team up with members of the disbanded Berkut security forces and other units loyal to the Crimean government. Just the past week has seen officers resigning en masse to join up with this people’s army. Even Cossacks in their traditional wear have started popping up among the ranks.

Click link for remainder of article.

Putin Says Those Aren't Russian Forces In Crimea

Russian soldiers have not occupied government buildings and surrounded Ukrainian military bases on the Crimean Peninsula, Russian President Vladimir Putin insisted Tuesday during a news conference near Moscow at which he gave an account of recent events that contradicts reports from the ground.

Instead, he told reporters that the heavily armed men are "local self-defense forces."

What's more, anything Russia has done, Putin said without offering specifics, has been part of a "humanitarian mission" to protect ethnic Russians in Crimea.

But even as he said that no Russian troops have been involved in the latest events in Crimea, Putin drew comparisons that would seem to indicate they had been. "Our actions are often described by the West as not legitimate, but look at U.S. operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya," he said, according to a BBC translation of his comments. "Our actions are legitimate from the point of view of international law, because Ukraine's legitimate president asked us for help. ... Defending these people is in our interests ... we do not want to 'enslave' anyone."

Putin made the claims about a lack of involvement by Russian forces even though Russian military helicopters have been seen in the skies over Crimea, Russian trucks have been seen moving the armed men to key locations, and the soldiers in unmarked uniforms speak Russian and in some cases have told reporters and local residents that they are members of the Russian military.

Other Highlights -

— Is Putin concerned about a war breaking out? "No, because we will not go to war with the Ukrainian people." (The Guardian)

— Does he think that ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, who fled to Russia last week, has a political future? No, "and I have told this to him. ... He would have been killed in Ukraine had we not helped him." (BBC News)

— Sanctions against Russia would make matters worse. "All threats against Russia are counterproductive and harmful," he said, while adding that Russia is ready to host the G-8 summit in June — but if western leaders do not want to come, "they don't need to." (Reuters)

— Russia is not going to try to annex Crimea, Putin said. (BBC News)

The Russian leader's news conference followed word from Moscow that "tens of thousands of Russian troops participating in military exercises near Ukraine's border," inside Russia, are returning to their bases.

I don't know how this man can talk and people in the room not laugh at him.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Just curious. I've seen her programme many times, I never thought they were live though.

I wonder if it was broadcast live, recorded, and now will be edited out of the repeats.

Well done her though.

She looks visibly upset and frustrated during her freestyle there. And she references things like 'I will not…do XYZ' 'I will tell the truth as I see it, even if I work here…', etc.

Sounds to me like she was told what she could and couldn't say and did what she felt she should do.

Interesting to see if she keeps her job, or if she's taken down a notch in the organization.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Does the Budapest memorandum mean we will have to go to war to defend the Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
Does the Budapest memorandum mean we will have to go to war to defend the Ukraine?

Based on the document yes.

Based on responses from the US / UK - they are still looking for their spines.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You took the words right out of my mouth! (No meatloaf lyrics intended!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join