It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Turkey Hits Windshield

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Can you imagine that someone would even think to throw a frozen 20 pound turkey from a moving car??? Unbelievable what some can consider as fun.

"The turkey, hurled from the rear driver's-side window of Cutrone's car, had crashed through the windshield and knocked her unconscious as she headed home at 12:40 a.m. from a concert.

Ruvolo, 44, suffered bruises on the brain, a broken nose, cheekbone and jaw and possible damage to an eye socket. So far she has undergone 10 hours of surgery, according to relatives."

www.nypost.com...

They should serve jail time!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
THere is no excuse for this and jail time should be in years not months

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well ed, it seems as long as politics isnt involved, we agree
This reminds me of those kids that were droping rocks off of overpasses onto oncoming cars. I dont know how old the person who threw the turkey was, but if they are over 18, I would say prison time is warranted. If they are minors, they better have some parents that still hold on to that switch, cause if they get away with this, they will do this agian.

LL1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Take a look at this windshield....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The windshield looks bad, but the partial scroll at the bottem looks even worse

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ya know, when this kind of thing happens the victim should get a 'one free assault and battery' card to redeem on the hide of the sorry sack of horse manure that did it. It would require a restraining order to prevent me from tracking down the culprit and introducing them to the wrong end of a softball bat.

LL1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In regards to the scroll.

As for the windshield, this is the second incident in the last several
months. The other was from an overpass, where asphalt was thrown

down, the victim was killed instantly while driving her mother home from church.

The highways are becoming really dangerous, reflects the society we
are now living in.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think that guy that the scroll was concerned with should have the frozen turkey thrown at him while going 80 mph. What a sick F. Anyway, why cant kids just throw snowballs at cars like they used to when I was a kid?

LL1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We had good clean fun, sure there were eggs and snowballs at cars
vs today's asphalt and frozen turkeys. Wonder what's next?

Get this one, for Halloween they have gone from flour/chaulk in socks
to size "D" batteries and billard balls in socks!

So I guess we have to drive on the roads with real caution, as
anything can be thrown.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think the worst thing I ever did was put shaving gel ( not shaving cream ) on wiperblades of cars. If you use the cream, the wipers just wipe it off. The gell just foams up when you use the wipers
Now some might say " Dont give them any ideas", but this idea is much less harmfull than a frozen turkey or a 20lb chunk of asphalt.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It amzes me that anyone would ever think that this was funny at any age. Sure we used to throw snowballs but frozen twenty pound turkeys, good lord. This story, unfortunatley, reminds me of an incident at a local store that always makes me laugh. One day several years ago a man in a long coat tried to steal a small turkey. He had made it almost all the way to the automatic front doors of the grocery store and the turkey slipped and fell to the ground skidding about ten feet. Stuck with everyone staring at him, from the check out lines, and no where to run he proceeded to turn around and scream WHO THREW THAT TURKEY AT ME!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
skychief -
thats halarious!

If they are 17 or above I think they deserve some jail time, but certainly not years, if they are above 18 then they should know that a sheet of glass wont stop a frozen turkey, and I would give them a couple months in jail (2-3). Its not as long as some of you would but Its obvious that they didn't plan for someone to get hurt, they probably thought that they would run over it but they threw it to late. If they are 17 (maybe 16) i would get them tried as an adult, if they are younger then that I would not give them any jail time, however I would hope there parents do something about it, and I would give them a LOT of comunity service hours (hundreds), and have them (or there parents) foot the bill, of ALL the damages and surgeries.

Its easy to be very strict, but I (if I was the judge) would try and put my self in there shoes, and it becomes obvious they meant no physical harm.

Once I through a juicy tomato off the bridge at an on coming car, it splattered into there window, I kept on driving but I was watching the car and they hit there brakes afterward, I though (and still do) that it was funny. But there is a huge difference of a juicy tomato compared to a FROZEN none the less Turkey.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
the one who threw the turkey is 18, as are 2 others. the rest i think are 17. to add to it, they broke into a car and bought the turkey with a stolen credit card. the one who threw the turkey is facing jail time i would imagine. the one who used the stolen credit card is facing grand larceny and the rest are just facing posession of stolen property. if it's a first offence most will just get probation.

LL1

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well the teen whom allegedly threw the 20 pound turkey is
legally blind, per his attorney.

November 24, 2004 -- "A Long Island teen, accused of critically
injuring a
woman by tossing a turkey at her car, could not
have taken aim at the
vehicle because he's virtually blind,
his lawyer said. "

Amazing.... how will they ever learn right from wrong.... guess they will never!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Well the teen whom allegedly threw the 20 pound turkey is
legally blind, per his attorney.

November 24, 2004 -- "A Long Island teen, accused of critically
injuring a
woman by tossing a turkey at her car, could not
have taken aim at the
vehicle because he's virtually blind,
his lawyer said. "

Amazing.... how will they ever learn right from wrong.... guess they will never!

Somehow being legally blind is an excuse to act like a complete idiot. The punishment should be to permanently blind this stain on society.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder if the two vehicles were approaching each other. Hurling a twenty pound turkey isn't exactly easy.

These punks need some serious punishment. Not discipline, because it's probably too late for that. They have a history of pranks, using stolen credit cards, etc. They could have killed that woman.

new topics

top topics

join