It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seek truth yet it remains hidden..going bananas looking for the right religion (Help me)....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

We all must find our own way. Thats actually very important!

Beware of those who would give you their truth as your own, rather than the tools to find it for yourself. Sharing perspectives is a good thing though, and even when someone is zealously attempting to convert you, you can see how they see.

There are so very many options in this regard, including just carving the path on your own! I will say though, it was helpful for me to look at others perspectives on the matter. Especially those who are more focused on searching than a concern about what others believe. You can draw great correlations between all of the religions this planet has had. Every culture through out history has dealt with exactly the same place, the same data set. So, the interpretations will vary according to culture. But, they all seem to be pointing at the same things. The moon and sun have been labelled countless things in our history, but there they are in all of their glory..

The way I approached these things is by using direct experience, the scientific method, and access to a plethora of different teachings. I studied comparative religion extensively, and identified common themes that ran through all of them. Some approach areas that others dont, but that can be both a strength and a weakness. I then amalgamated these things into a daily, continuous practice.

My own conclusion, which may differ vastly from others, was that regardless of the existence (or lack) of a God(s), I would live my life the same way. It just so happened that "way" is in accordance with what many of the religions state, such as "Love one another."

It came around full circle, with a slight dash of irony. Which itself seems to be a rather common theme.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What if they are correct? not saying that you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

My god has seen the pain, fears, etc. in my eyes. And he said you had enough, so now let's live life and make the best of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

dominicus
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Also just like on earth there are hierarchies within a single world, countries, governments, police, rules/laws, limits, confines, etc, there seems to be something similar constructed or in place in the afterlife. Now which Path/Religion you go by as far as how it all works, is entirely up to your own discretion. I've seen Universities in the afterlife and various levels of heavens & hells all resting upon and within this absolute beingness I've been referring to. Maybe a conglomerate of what they all say of how it is after, seems to give a good idea, as well as when you read all the different near death experiences of people all over the world, which also give you a universal idea of how it all works.

And it seems, those who get full blown permanent Enlightenment, are the only ones the surpass all the rules/laws, limits, & hierarchies in the afterlife. But I digress.

Wait, so even after we die, we still have to deal with all the same BS in the afterlife? We can't just travel around the universe exploring whatever we want, seeing whatever we want? Man if that is the case, reincarnate me quick, at least then I can go back into blissful ignorance.

I'm open to all possibilities, maybe consciousness will arise in the simulation and start trying to figure out who the programmers are and what the escape form that simulation is, but at this point I highly doubt it.

Reason may arise from simulated evolution. But without consciousness, there will e so much that will be lacking. We'll see eventually anyway. Humanity & Science will create this experiment eventually so it will have to be a wait & see deal. But my money is on consciousness not arising in the simulation unless there are actual physical brain/neurons connected to it like the rat brain flight simulator deal. We'll see.

That's how I live my life. Anything is possible, but I lean more heavily towards things that are more probable given the information that I am currently aware of. YEC, as absurd as its notions are, could be true, but I find it unlikely.

Yes, you cannot rush science. That's how you get sloppy results. Though the thrill of learning and discovering new knowledge is very exciting, so I can see why some would do that.

What does science say? Is Subjectivity as the default human experience of life/reality factual or not?

I agree with your statement though. I think its brilliant where your stance is because everything is brought into question. This is one of the ways someone who enters a path via any of the maps/blueprints available, accesses the absolute beingness I speak of. You kind of question your own reality, thoughts, experience, subjectivity and start to deconstruct and unknow everything, and then SURPRISE, the absolute ground of being shows itself prior to all things.

At first I started out being agnostic as just a way to express my religious beliefs. But as I explored the concepts and ideas more and more, I came to realize that agnosticism is MORE than just a religious belief. It is a life philosophy. I can apply agnosticism to just about any conspiracy theory on this website. It allows me to view all sides of an issue as objectively as possible (of course it is still impossible to ever be completely objective, but we can try to get close).

They have brain scans of sign language people and it shows they also see the sign language and rely on memory and thought to interpret and communicate back. We can say 100% its all based on thought/memory in human communication. OF course if you start bringing what those who are enlightened say, that's a whole other thread. Imagine seeing everything naked and without filters of thought, memory, etc....

But I already mentioned people who use sign language. The people I am referring to are the ones that grow up isolated from ALL human contact and communication and manage to survive like that. We usually refer to them as feral. How do THESE people interpret their surroundings? Do they always just exist in the moment like other animals? They certainly have the capacity to think and reason since they are humans.

*snip*

Also, I've been close a number of times to becoming a monk in a monastery and just giving a big middle finger to the archetypal constructs of having to be married with kids. You are just a non-conformist. Do what you feel is right, know thyself, question everything just like your doing, and if you want love you can manifest it

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I wanted help in this department. No offense, but if I wanted to pursue help in finding love I wouldn't turn to a conspiracy forum to look for it.

I am actually kind of a mix between a social butterfly and a loner. I'll go through phases (can last weeks or months) where I'll be perfectly happy being alone by myself and then there are other times (again can last weeks or months) where I'll be bored silly by myself and crave social interaction. This could be a result of my ADD, but I don't know or care. As a result of this lifestyle, I don't have many friends left, so there is that.

Agreed, but like I said, nowhere in history has something like what you refer to been found. So what the chances are that there maybe another deeper shift? I'm not sure.

I understand. Though keep in mind, up until the mid-1800's the idea of giant lizards roaming the earth was unheard of because we hadn't discovered any dinosaur bones up until that point. Doesn't mean they didn't exist though.

Well everything looks way different when you are out of the body. White light in that state actually has all these luminescent peacock colors that intertwine into it and make it white. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he saw as well.

You mean kind of like a prism appearance? Or like viewing the world through those 3-D glasses, but not looking at a 3-D television or movie?

Found the link......just giving you a warning, alot of stuff just sounds crazy far out there to the logic/reason base of the mind. But if read with openness that anything can be possible, then the guard of skepticism allows for a little bit of mental masterbation with all of these things

Sound Current Rider

Thank you again. By the way, I wanted to say that I am enjoying this discussion, you have opened my mind to new ideas, rehashed some ones I was familiar with, but for the most part have been a delight to debate with. I get so annoyed at trying to have a reasonable debate with someone only to have them think that I am personally attacking them or to constantly throw fallacious arguments at me.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
As a searcher for the truth, I have come to know that there are many worlds (dimensions) in which we live in and we shift so to speak into the reality we attract. Each of us has our part to play and that is our destiny but within this we have the free will to choose how we go about and play our part.

I do not know how we are here or for what purpose other than to provide God with the experience of our unique existence within this reality He created for us.

No one knows the future, God said this. Why, well because the future isn't written for your sub-conscious reality as it can change based on your free will. All possibilities (universe) exist and God knows of all of them, that is why He knows what you will do. To experience life, you cannot know what lies ahead.

I do know we are all a part of The One Spirit of God and we will all return to the Him. Before we came, we knew what our life will be but while we are here we are not allowed to know so we may not poison our experience for the One.

Your sub-conscious is the real observer of the reality (universe) you live in. Quantum physics theorize that your future reality cannot be know by you until you observe it happening in the Now.

We all live in the Now and your conscious self look forward to the future either with a optimist, Pessimistic or indifference view. That view will lead you to that future your conscious self attracts.

Secret cabals, Illuminates, Freemasonry, Brotherhood all knows about this Law of Attraction and they all use it for their benefits. Everything that happens is created through the Laws of Attraction.

It's not really a Secret anymore, but most people still dismiss this idea because they weren't taught this or learned it in a school or from their parents or even their friends, so it can't be true, can it? Well keep living in a world that you just don't understand because it isn't mainstream think. I do advise everyone to look into the Law of Attraction with an open mind to see and try to understand how this world really works.

Sirric

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Wait, so even after we die, we still have to deal with all the same BS in the afterlife? We can't just travel around the universe exploring whatever we want, seeing whatever we want? Man if that is the case, reincarnate me quick, at least then I can go back into blissful ignorance.

in one sense, yes the same BS, but at the same its still different. Look at your life here: you have free will to do whatever you want. Of course each action has ramifications and certain things require money. IF you kill, you get caught & go to jail. IF you want to retire to an island, you have to figure out the financial way to do so. There the broke, starving, homeless, and the other end of the spectrum the billionairs and 1%'ers, and all different circumstances in between those two ends.

At first I started out being agnostic as just a way to express my religious beliefs. But as I explored the concepts and ideas more and more, I came to realize that agnosticism is MORE than just a religious belief. It is a life philosophy. I can apply agnosticism to just about any conspiracy theory on this website. It allows me to view all sides of an issue as objectively as possible (of course it is still impossible to ever be completely objective, but we can try to get close).

Agreed. That's how I shifted, from Atheism, to a complete open, all possibilities explored agnosticism. Of course when I was offered an invitation to experience God......I took it, ran with it, and found it to be a real direct experience. Had I just rested too comfortably in my agnosticism and held off on the invitation, then I would have never know that experience and remained as I was.

But I already mentioned people who use sign language. The people I am referring to are the ones that grow up isolated from ALL human contact and communication and manage to survive like that. We usually refer to them as feral. How do THESE people interpret their surroundings? Do they always just exist in the moment like other animals? They certainly have the capacity to think and reason since they are humans.

Thought constructs as superimposes over reality would still arise even in feral children. They would associate the sound of a lion's roar from far away, with the memory and mental image of the lion from prior experiences of seeing the lion. Its a universal trait that thought eventually arises in all humans as a conceptual-construct mode of operation, plus in everyone there is a subconscious. Feral would be no different other than the concepts to thought would arise differently.

I am actually kind of a mix between a social butterfly and a loner. I'll go through phases (can last weeks or months) where I'll be perfectly happy being alone by myself and then there are other times (again can last weeks or months) where I'll be bored silly by myself and crave social interaction. This could be a result of my ADD, but I don't know or care. As a result of this lifestyle, I don't have many friends left, so there is that.

Got ya!!!

I understand. Though keep in mind, up until the mid-1800's the idea of giant lizards roaming the earth was unheard of because we hadn't discovered any dinosaur bones up until that point. Doesn't mean they didn't exist though.

Actually, there are references to mystics and seers from 2000+ years ago that may have referenced dinosaurs. Also the first time the Atom was proposed, was by a Mystic Seer named Kanada, somewhere around 2,500 years ago. These folks who access Enlightenment can also access in a certain sense, all aspects of knowledge of what is, to certain degrees. If an Enlightened mystic figured out the Atom 2,500 years ago, and it took science 2,400 years to prove it.....you can see where this is heading. Likewise if he could see that its all atomic, he'd be able to perhaps see if there is anything prior to this absolute Being, or if there are other ones.

You mean kind of like a prism appearance? Or like viewing the world through those 3-D glasses, but not looking at a 3-D television or movie?

Yeah, when you leave the body, everything is very stereoscopic and extremely vivid without the filters of the body. Considering eyes only see in certain spectrums, ears only hear between 20hz-20,000khz, smell is very weak compared to a bloodhounds, etc.....no imagine all of these filters taken off and you can experience everything as it really is. Its a shock at first and when returning to the body, the experience through the body is so limited and almost prison-cell like

Thank you again. By the way, I wanted to say that I am enjoying this discussion, you have opened my mind to new ideas, rehashed some ones I was familiar with, but for the most part have been a delight to debate with. I get so annoyed at trying to have a reasonable debate with someone only to have them think that I am personally attacking them or to constantly throw fallacious arguments at me.

likewise.

There is love, equality, respect, and fairness as a subset foundation. Perhaps this is why its enjoyable on both ends.

I still would highly recommend you try and get the experience of this absolute beingness. Just as a side note, I've been around the block a few times, have had money, success, traveled, various kinds of experiences with different women, love, brokenness, highs, lows, alcohol, substances, family, friends, loss, etc....and absolutely nothing has come close to the awe & grandness of the deeper aspects and beginnings of the aspects of enlightenment and accessing this absolute beingness. Of course this being a subjective opinion, you can take it how you want. But many who have tasted what I have, would agree to this notion.

Great discussion, mutually enjoyed

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

dominicus

in one sense, yes the same BS, but at the same its still different. Look at your life here: you have free will to do whatever you want. Of course each action has ramifications and certain things require money. IF you kill, you get caught & go to jail. IF you want to retire to an island, you have to figure out the financial way to do so. There the broke, starving, homeless, and the other end of the spectrum the billionairs and 1%'ers, and all different circumstances in between those two ends.

Yes, I'm sure that the bell curve still exists in the afterlife. The universe is defined by it. It's more the laws, money, bs power grabs, taxes, banks, and other nonsense that I grow weary of and would like nothing to do with anymore. I thought the afterlife was supposed to be peaceful. If I have to continue to deal with bankers, I'd imagine it is anything but...

Agreed. That's how I shifted, from Atheism, to a complete open, all possibilities explored agnosticism. Of course when I was offered an invitation to experience God......I took it, ran with it, and found it to be a real direct experience. Had I just rested too comfortably in my agnosticism and held off on the invitation, then I would have never know that experience and remained as I was.

It's refreshing isn't it? Though it can tend to annoy others when you don't have a clear stance on anything.

Thought constructs as superimposes over reality would still arise even in feral children. They would associate the sound of a lion's roar from far away, with the memory and mental image of the lion from prior experiences of seeing the lion. Its a universal trait that thought eventually arises in all humans as a conceptual-construct mode of operation, plus in everyone there is a subconscious. Feral would be no different other than the concepts to thought would arise differently.

You mean thinking in pictures instead of words? Kind of like hieroglyphs? That's cool and all, but this drifted away from my original point that thinking isn't taught. If these feral children/people are associating pictures in place of language for how they view the world, no one is teaching them to do it. They are doing it by themselves.

Actually, there are references to mystics and seers from 2000+ years ago that may have referenced dinosaurs. Also the first time the Atom was proposed, was by a Mystic Seer named Kanada, somewhere around 2,500 years ago. These folks who access Enlightenment can also access in a certain sense, all aspects of knowledge of what is, to certain degrees. If an Enlightened mystic figured out the Atom 2,500 years ago, and it took science 2,400 years to prove it.....you can see where this is heading. Likewise if he could see that its all atomic, he'd be able to perhaps see if there is anything prior to this absolute Being, or if there are other ones.

Did they also propose the quark? Black holes? Speed of light? Gravitational lensing? Cells? What about things that science hasn't even discovered yet (disregarding the metaphysics stuff, we are clearly already talking about that)?

Yeah, when you leave the body, everything is very stereoscopic and extremely vivid without the filters of the body. Considering eyes only see in certain spectrums, ears only hear between 20hz-20,000khz, smell is very weak compared to a bloodhounds, etc.....no imagine all of these filters taken off and you can experience everything as it really is. Its a shock at first and when returning to the body, the experience through the body is so limited and almost prison-cell like

That makes sense. Sounds overwhelming.

likewise.

There is love, equality, respect, and fairness as a subset foundation. Perhaps this is why its enjoyable on both ends.

I still would highly recommend you try and get the experience of this absolute beingness. Just as a side note, I've been around the block a few times, have had money, success, traveled, various kinds of experiences with different women, love, brokenness, highs, lows, alcohol, substances, family, friends, loss, etc....and absolutely nothing has come close to the awe & grandness of the deeper aspects and beginnings of the aspects of enlightenment and accessing this absolute beingness. Of course this being a subjective opinion, you can take it how you want. But many who have tasted what I have, would agree to this notion.

I have a friend who is into Buddhism and other Eastern religions and their concepts. We've had discussions like this many times before. Even though I'm an agnostic, I feel I'm allowed to have an opinion on what I think is the case, I just don't like to hold to one concept 100% and as I've told my buddy, your views are pretty close to what I think would be the most logical explanation for the divine.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

All of these people have offerd you really good pathways to the truth. But at the end of the day it is up to you of how you will go about it. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

What are you talking about? What people? I've only been really talking to one person in this thread, I'm pretty sure there isn't more than one person behind that avatar.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes, I'm sure that the bell curve still exists in the afterlife. The universe is defined by it. It's more the laws, money, bs power grabs, taxes, banks, and other nonsense that I grow weary of and would like nothing to do with anymore. I thought the afterlife was supposed to be peaceful. If I have to continue to deal with bankers, I'd imagine it is anything but...

Yeah, there really isn't any money/bankers there. It's more so based on spiritual evolution. How much did you grow and evolve from your incarnation on earth. Full Permanent Enlightenment = Graduated and no longer confined or having to live by any rules/laws there. That's all up for debate and is more a buddhist/taoist/yogic way of seeing things, though alot of those guys also get access to leaving the body and seeing how everything works after this life. In Christianity, once you get indwelled with grace and the ego dies, is your ticket to the heavens, however some christian nde'rs are shown they'll still have to reincarnate here.

Additionally, there are buddhist & gnostic maps for the afterlife on how to avoid everything and return to the source so you no longer incarnate. The Buddhist one is based on seeing constantly everything as illusion. The gnostic one is more so in the vein of whoever you approach (gatekeepers) in the afterlife, you constantly repeat that you are the son of the pre-existant one (Source) and each gatekeeper eventually grants you access. Still of course, all up for philosophical debate. Mind you, if you read some the techniques on how to free consciousness from the body and manage to get to these realms even with clear perception, you just may see that it is this way

It's refreshing isn't it? Though it can tend to annoy others when you don't have a clear stance on anything.

Yes it is refreshing. Similarly, when you access the absolute I speak of, its like the primordial absolute openness to all of life, and there is no "you" in the way of any of it. Grand Ride!!!!

You mean thinking in pictures instead of words? Kind of like hieroglyphs? That's cool and all, but this drifted away from my original point that thinking isn't taught. If these feral children/people are associating pictures in place of language for how they view the world, no one is teaching them to do it. They are doing it by themselves.

what I'm saying is "thinking" eventually arises naturally as part of human existence and experience. Everyone who is non-feral, is guided by parents, tv, culture, friends/peers, school on how to think and what represents what based on this universal system. The feral kids will also end up using thought, but in a less or more refined and way.

But a newborn is not thinking. Just is aware. That is primordial state and true identity, Awareness. IF you strip away all your programming & everything you've taught, think, imagine, you will find that you are merely Aware & Conscious, with no thought and no filters, besides the senses. But even then you will see Awareness is aware of senses and is prior to them.

Did they also propose the quark? Black holes? Speed of light? Gravitational lensing? Cells? What about things that science hasn't even discovered yet (disregarding the metaphysics stuff, we are clearly already talking about that)?

I'll have to dust off some of my books and links. There is definitely some things covered towards those directions you speak of. I'm a little wrapped up next few days with some things, but I'll try and manage to post some relevant links

That makes sense. Sounds overwhelming.

At first, but upon returning, its just how life really should be, vivid with no filters. Its such an awe, jaw dropping experience

I have a friend who is into Buddhism and other Eastern religions and their concepts. We've had discussions like this many times before. Even though I'm an agnostic, I feel I'm allowed to have an opinion on what I think is the case, I just don't like to hold to one concept 100% and as I've told my buddy, your views are pretty close to what I think would be the most logical explanation for the divine.

That's the thing.......you are not even an agnostic, nor any label which just conceptual, for that matter.

So in many of these paths, you start with your own direct experience of life & reality, and start to deconstruct or pick it apart. Since you already said:

I just don't like to hold to one concept 100%

Then apply that to your own self. Imagine yourself currently as you are and what you hold dear and true, as a concept. So don't hold on to yourself 100%

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

What can i say?

Why do you think only a mere percentage of the whole human race and in the whole history knew and know about whats really going on? Not any one can find the truth of it all. I mean find many answers to various questions and matters and put it all together without becoming mad and finally get a glimpse of the Whole thing. Knowing=sacrifice your peace of mind and yourself because its a heavy "burden". It is totally different from what you know or think you know. Better keep clinging to whatever god you follow its much more easy to understand and much much more comfortable. The problem with the Truth is that it will never please you because in it you wont find any comfortable positions and especially because reality is NOT convenienly made for the sake of humankind and their so called evolution, PERIOD.

A side note: if you think that astral travel, past life exp, NDE, TK and any phenomenon is any proof of any god's existence then you are clearly misleaded.

Reading back i see so many advising to seek god whatever the religion... Do that and i garantee you its like a vaccine to Wisdom, freedom and truth. But since it is probably what you want to hear.
edit on 6-3-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

This isn't about really about religion anymore, I wrote an improper title, This is about truth. Well, More like an attempt to disprove hell.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

what makes you say that?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

You think I want to be apart of religion? No, I despise it I want to be able to do what I want, when I want, and how I want it. Now you're probably thinking "Why don't you just stop being such a sheep?". Well heh heh, If being a sheep is truth then so be it, I don't care. There's no point in rebelling against omnipotent force or deluding yourself into believing he's non-existent when that's the truth. I just want to find out whether or not this eternal punishment thing is real or not. If not then I'm good to go.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yeah, Another thing that's got me in the fritz is the rapture, Not to mention that alot of the biblical prophecies in the bible are coming true. It always seems like the world's coming to an end soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Rtardx
reply to post by _damon

This isn't about really about religion anymore, I wrote an improper title, This is about truth. Well, More like an attempt to disprove hell.
the only hell I know of is wasting the day by sitting in a church on a beautiful day listioning to some man in white clothes preach absolute bs to you all in the name of god then to tell you your a bad person cause you did not donate anything to the charity basket. All I have to say to that is " Get Fkd you guilt tripping hypocrite. " to the priest. "If anyone has sinned here its you, manipulating the good people into judgemental thinking all in the name of god then driving fear into them with false tales of hell and heaven as a mechanism to keep them in subliminal control." "The god I know never asked me for money or charity of a physical material. God never asked me to give up anything for lent. Furthermore god would not ask me to manipulate anyone into doing anything that violates the natural free will of the heart or soul. " " the god I knoe whats me to ask questions, heaps of them. God wants me to make mistakes, sin, learn from my mistakes and sins, and most of all god wants me to live and enjoy life with no regrets and lastly appreciate life and it's experiences. " (im still ranting at the priest) " there for with all that being said its you who needs to re-evaluate what you are doing cause you certainly aunt helping these people with becoming one and understanding the devine. If anythink your putting restrictions in there thought process that stop them from having spiritual apifinys of realizations. " now I walk off so angry and frustrated. Grrrrrr

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Come on im waiting for someone to come along and say. "God dam, the devils in you son"

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

I'm not even talking about the church, But true Christianity were it's just a relationship between you and god through Jesus. There's no middle-man (Church) so who's benefiting from this relationship besides you?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

You know the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join