It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seek truth yet it remains hidden..going bananas looking for the right religion (Help me)....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm becoming depressed and slightly suicidal, I've been on the internet scanning videos and articles, searching libraries, and having face to face conversations with friends. I'm trying to find the truth to it all, But no matter what there's always a contradiction and counter argument to any belief system I drift towards (Including atheism). But it's so overwhelming when you look into all this new age occult teaching: Gnostics, Atlantis, sacred scrolls, etc. and this stuff goes on and on. Then there's the abrahamic religions which are just as complicated (Kamballah, Christ consciousness, Quran, Torah, The countless versions of the bible etc.) And who can forget about the hundreds of thousands of religions spread through ought the east? I'm considering dropping out of high school and becoming a bum just so i can dedicate my life to seeking truth. Then there's the whole new world order fiasco.

No, I will not resort to atheism. Not when i have had countless personal experiences with the law of attraction, astral projection, telekinesis, etc. Just no man. I want to just let it all go and let my intuition and heart guide me but can I really even trust that? I just don't understand how the majority of people can be so secure with their belief system when there's so much to this.

Debate, Advise, and discuss with me. I only seek truth.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

Know Thyself.
Live NOW.
Then you meet God.

That is all.
And anything else is a stretch
(circling around truth but never getting there)

Religion is for followers, not for truth seekers.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
thats like looking for the perfect fit glass slipper cuz of some fairytale

are u cinderelli? what would u do with glass slippers, anyhoo?
edit on 3-3-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

Don't go for any pre-packaged belief system. Be original. Do you own thinking. Take in everything you can and make up your own mind. That's what it means to be Enlightened. It means thinking for yourself and having the courage and integrity to stand by those ideas as well as being accountable for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I would probably be a non dogmatic Sikh if I wanted to have a religion. There is no need to choose one religion over the other since every religion is in a way a map leading to the same place if used correctly. But the Sikh spiritual songs get to me.
. But then so do the band Creed (Christian) and there is some cool Hindu music and Buddhist have some really cool chants that work well.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There is no "right" religion.
Doesn't gnostic just mean still questioning? Or maybe that's agnostic. Not sure.
I just consider myself agnostically pantheistic. Or pantheistically agnostic.
That kind of covers a lot.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

mOjOm
reply to post by Rtardx

Don't go for any pre-packaged belief system. Be original. Do you own thinking. Take in everything you can and make up your own mind. That's what it means to be Enlightened. It means thinking for yourself and having the courage and integrity to stand by those ideas as well as being accountable for them.

That can be a definition of enlightened. But I use En-Ligth-Ened to define being in a stream of spiritual light/ki/water flowing over you. You can be in the stream and still not have finished your idea of making up your own mind. But then in the stream the Radio becomes active.

Kings Of Leon - Radioactive

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A timeless question that never ceases to bother once asked..

Who is to tell another what path their soul must take to find relief? Not the greatest master can take even one step for the pupil; he can but reveal a door and whisper a phrase, that the pupil would find their own way.

Look not to the distortions within the common text, but seek the source of all, near the dawn of history itself. Look to the mystics and the hermits of old whom challenged the status quo with their spirit and brought a new mind to the way things were, find inspiration in their teachings that you might find the same truth; in your own light. Hermeticism can offer a wide door through which to view the way things are.

as posted above mine, it should not be a religion that you seek, for religion does not proclaim truth.

A seeker of the truth will know it when the light is found.

Growth in consciousness does not depend on the will of the intellect or its possibilities, but on the intensity of the inner urge.
- Ancient Egyptian Proverb

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I am not sure why you are seem so desperate to define yourself however you should check out Pantheism.

If that doesn't work there are plenty of online tests to take asking you what you believe that should be able to help out.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There is God, hes only 1.
There is you, you are only 1.
Know thyself and soon you'll meet god. (Just ls first responder said)

This is why the reason and correct answer to
The meaning of life, universe and everything else is 1, then 1 to 1, then 1.
42 is wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What others say here is true: there is no right religion. God created Man, Man created religion.

As for the truth...*smirks*

Read Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton. And you're probably wondering: "Is it New Age crap?" No. "Is it religious?" No. "Is it science then?" As close as one can get to it through a scientific method, yes. It's done through deep hypnosis therapy. Newton is only one of a number of psychologists using this method to bring patients to recall their past lives and the spirit realm beyond. The patients tell a common story about being asked to incarnate here, or in other worlds. Their tale is identical, of a non-corporeal realm of soul groups without any religious undertones whatsoever. I'd go into more detail, but the truth isn't necessarily for everyone (for most, the journey is far more important than the destination (truthfully.)

I reached this info after researching pre-life memory. I have two spiritual friends who each remember being in spirit form and being asked to come here. Another person posted his pre-life memory here on ATS, I remember. After that I began researching the subject, which led me to hypnosis therapy, including Newton's work.

His first book was Journey of Souls, but I skipped it for his second book (which dares to go into much greater detail.)

Have fun.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

Seek and you will find, Knock and the door will be opened..

To start your search you must start at the beginning,
You must trust in God as an infant trusts it's mother.
to love you and to teach you,
you cannot do it alone without God's help.

Love your God, be good and kind to others, be humble,
Knowledge will come to you when your heart is right.

There is no hurry to learn God's truths when your heart is right,
God will not forsake you even if the end comes while you are learning.
Learn first to love God with all your heart,
and he will teach you how to love and be kind to others.
The rest of His knowledge will follow..

Truth is the rarest thing on earth,
It should be understood by those in search of happiness,
That Truth alone is good.
Beverley Job

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by Rtardx

I am not sure why you are seem so desperate to define yourself however you should check out Pantheism.

If that doesn't work there are plenty of online tests to take asking you what you believe that should be able to help out.

This has nothing to do with defining myself, I seek the truth because i fear the unknown. I'm afraid of the dark.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just remember, you and God don't need a middleman.

Good luck, brother.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

What makes you so sure? And not paranoid like me?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Rtardx

Grimpachi
reply to post by Rtardx

This has nothing to do with defining myself, I seek the truth because i fear the unknown. I'm afraid of the dark.

Light has no meaning without the dark and no matter what belief system you follow it will not always be rainbows and sunshine.

I gave up on the unknowable a long time ago I feel that we are meant to experience what is here in front of us now, and if there is something more on the other side we will all eventually be able to experience that when our time comes.

Just say "it is what it is" pounding your head against the wall trying to figure out what "it" actually is, is wasting the opportunity you have now to experience what you can define. That is my opinion anyway.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Rtardx

I'm sure because I'm a parent.

Nothing my kids could do could make me stop loving them or condemn them to a hell or purgatory. If I have that much love and I am just a little spec of dust on piece of rock hurtling through space can you imagine how much love God must have for us?

Just saying, you are going to be Okay!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

You should seek out enlightenment.

I hear its da bomb!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Rtardx
I seek the truth because i fear the unknown. I'm afraid of the dark.

Well, that's a bad start. You're going to have a rough time finding anything like that. Confront your fears first then start looking for truth. Fear will just blind you.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Metallicus

Rtardx

I'm sure because I'm a parent.

Nothing my kids could do could make me stop loving them or condemn them to a hell or purgatory. If I have that much love and I am just a little spec of dust on piece of rock hurtling through space can you imagine how much love God must have for us?

Just saying, you are going to be Okay!

I'm going to think about this post all night while I sleep tonight, Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join