It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy predicted Ukraine invasion by Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Apparently....

Old Crystal balls Tom Clancy predicted in his last book he wrote about an ex-KGB agent turned Russian president who invades the Ukraine.
i have not read this book or know anything about it but i will pass on the info to you at ATS. I know about the Ghost Recon prediction for the Georgian war so i googled Clancy predicts Russia invades Ukraine and came across this.

Has anyone read this book? What you guys and girls think.

Linky to prediction

In his last co-authored novel, Command Authority, published in December, the Russian president, a ruthless former KGB agent, seeking to return Russia to its glory days, invades Ukraine. Hmm, I wonder if Putin is a Clancy fan …

L inky to review of book

p.s my first thread here on ats so go easy. I was not sure if to put in WW3 forum or here but here seemed the most relevant.

edit on 3-3-2014 by hemogoblin because: Edit for tidy

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hemogoblin

i often wonder if they were predictions or little birdies whispering in tom's ear.
he said one time in a interview, he had a lot of friends all over the world in the intelligence business.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I always wondered how close he was to some agencies.

His level of detail and insight was quite remarkable.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

TwiTcHomatic
I always wondered how close he was to some agencies.

His level of detail and insight was quite remarkable.

I know of one of his close connections. I don't think I'm supposed to give that away though. someone's dad.. This was more of an Area 51 connect than an agency connect. He obviously wasn't writing off the top of his head.

I don't know about the Ukraine thing though. I only read a couple of his first books. If he did write those things it wasn't a prediction per se, but more of a likely probability based on his knowledge.

OR if he knew too much he could have been warning people in advance that the world is more planned than some believe.
edit on 3-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
From books to video games I grew up on this guy. He will be greatly missed. As far as predictions? Video games these days paint an all TOO real future. It may sound juvenile but.................

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sarah Palin did as well....In 2008.
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

i often wonder if they were predictions or little birdies whispering in tom's ear.
he said one time in a interview, he had a lot of friends all over the world in the intelligence business.

June 26, 1999, Clancy married freelance journalist Alexandra Marie Llewellyn, whom he had met in 1997.[26] Llewellyn is the daughter of J. Bruce Llewellyn and a family friend of Colin Powell, who originally introduced the couple to each other

en.wikipedia.org...

Makes one wonder..... i also believe his wifes father was in the CIA near the top.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I didn't read that one. I was an avid reader of his works until it became so
overwhelming for him that he had to have "Co Authors".

So I felt that some legitimacy was lost.

Maybe I was wrong and missed out on a good one.

You know how it is,
Devil is in the Details and all.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

hearing that just makes it seem more likely.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Time to catch up on your reading mate

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

hearing that just makes it seem more likely.

Yea, i remember reading yeas ago (i think here on ats) about the links with Clancy to the agency's via his wifes father. interesting, will try to find the original thread if i can.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hes a genius, he also predicted a plan crashing in the white house by a japanese pilot, well close enough i guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Clancy was most likely 'in the know'. At least that's what I always presumed. Makes perfect sense to me and the guy even looks that way IMHO.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Very good thread. I am a Clancy fan myself, but like another poster haven't read him in quite some time....

I see this type of prediction being more of a political inevitability rather than knowledge of the unseen but I suppose the insight to foresee and forecast the inevitable is unusual therefore appears rather prophetic in nature.

Really, wasn't much to add, but I wanted to support and encourage you in your first thread, as it is an excellent topic!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'll have to look this one up.

Is it Tom Clancy proper or the cacky Tom Clancy's that were ghost written?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've heard that if you are any good as an author that when you get something wrong in one of your books people who read it and catch your mistake will tend to come out of the woodwork and call you on it, and if you know what's good for you, you will keep them as a contact because most of them will happily become experts for you in your future endeavors. Give the sheer amount of technical detail and plot complexity in his books ... he definitely had plenty of chances to build quite a rolodex.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

khimbar
I'll have to look this one up.

Is it Tom Clancy proper or the cacky Tom Clancy's that were ghost written?

The Clancy before he became a ghost literally.

edit on 4-3-2014 by hemogoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Tom Clancy, who died Tuesday at the age of 66, was one of the most successful authors and media moguls in the country. His books like The Hunt for Red October and Rainbow Six were bestsellers that went on to spawn blockbuster films and video game franchises, but longtime fans have noticed that Clancy had knack for more than crafting a plot, as many of Clancy’s stories have had an eerie ability to foresee future. Here a few real life events that Clancy seemed to anticipate in his fictional plots.

nation.time.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Have you all seen the CIAs tribute to Clancy? It's a long read...

CIAs parady of Hunt for Red October
edit on 4-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join