It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Evromaydana on Facebook claims that Yanukovich has died of a heart attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

"Just about this on the phone told me one of the Rostov Cardiology. Yanyka brought there around 11 PM on March 3 with a heart attack, and an hour later he was dead," - wrote Swan in his Facebook .

Activist Evromaydana on Facebook claims that Yanukovich has died of a heart attack

This is a translated article, still looking for another source.

This is interesting if turns out to be factual.

Coincidence for the timing of a heart attack or Viktor just being silenced.. strange times we are living in.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow. That would be amazingly interesting if true. Waiting for more info.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Say what again! Oh my, if at all true.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'd imagine that he would be very, very difficult to get to. He is pro-Russia, pro-Russian invasion, and in Russia. Who could have possibly killed him. The only parties that I'd imagine would want him dead are the USA and Ukraine [or, potentially, any pro-EU party], and I find it hard to believe that either would have any sort of access to him.
edit on 3-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wow.... Roll on the rumours

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I truly hesitated on posting this (without at least 1 other source), but with the climate we are currently living in.. let's just say I would not be completely shocked.

This all feels different right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Didn't he take his young lover with him? Maybe too much activity added to the pressure of having to abandon some of his loot when out of the blue..."Yaku, I'm pregnant".

wars and rumors of rumors of wars
edit on 3-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If this turns out to be true, I suppose it would make him the second casualty of the crisis.

After the truth, of course.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A likely story.

Perfect excuse to live in anonymous exile now.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Was the heart attack brought on by Polonium?

Since Ukraine has not responded militarily, Russia is taking a beating on the PR front. Every claim Russia has made has resulted in Russia being asked to produce evidence to support the claims, which they cannot do.

Then they stated Crimea requested intervention. When it was discovered Crimea cant do that under Ukrainian law, they instead claim the former president sent a letter requesting it. When asked about it, it determined it was not even signed by the former President.

With Putin refusing to behave in a logical manner, the only way out of this mess would be to remove the former President, which could then be argued by Russia that their intervention is invalid without the former President. With the death of the former president, so goes the death of intervention.

That would allow all the blame to be placed on the former President, allowing Russia, and specifically Putin, some wiggle room to tuck tail and back out slowly.

If true...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thats poison,

old mafia tactic.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There isn't much about this in search returns other than it being a rumor for the past few hours, but if this pans out to be true, the creepy factor is going to hit the stratosphere. This would be simply way too convenient of a coincidence to not wonder about.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Nyiah
There isn't much about this in search returns other than it being a rumor for the past few hours, but if this pans out to be true, the creepy factor is going to hit the stratosphere. This would be simply way too convenient of a coincidence to not wonder about.

lol...the only person on this planet with a longer trail of such "coincidences" behind him than Bill Clinton is Vlad Putin

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The report might have some merit -

January 30th, 2014 - Ukraine's Yanukovich goes on sick leave in midst of political crisis

By Richard Balmforth and Pavel Polityuk

KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich went on sick leave on Thursday after a bruising session of parliament, leaving a political vacuum in a country threatened with bankruptcy and destabilized by anti-government protests.

The 63-year-old president appears increasingly isolated in a crisis born of a tug-of-war between the West and Ukraine's former Soviet overlord Russia. A former president said this week the violence between demonstrators and police had brought the country to the brink of civil war.

Shortly after his office announced he had developed a high temperature and acute respiratory ailment, Yanukovich defended his record in handling the crisis and accused the opposition, which is demanding his resignation, of provoking the unrest.

"Today is the first day of the illness. He has a high temperature. We are not doctors, but it is clear that a high temperature does not go down in a single day," a presidential spokesman said by telephone. "The doctors will do all they can so that he can recover quickly."

edit on 3-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Coincidence, unless Putin wants to instigate the russian population in Ukraine to revolt...and what better way to do that than to blame this guy's death on Ukranian/American secret services?
edit on 4/3/14 by MadHatter364 because:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

MadHatter364
Coincidence, unless Putin wants to instigate the russian population in Ukraine to revolt...and what better way to do that than to blame this guy's death on Ukranian/American secret services?
edit on 4/3/14 by MadHatter364 because:

And Putin certainly doesn't want the "ethnic Russians" in Ukraine to revolt, now does he?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well, if Mr. Yanukovich did, in fact, die yesterday, people around him have probably noticed by now. Given the lack of any other public announcement about this (unless I missed it), either this report is false, or someone is playing a game of "Weekend at Bernie's" with Mr. Yanukovich's corpse.

Perhaps rumors of his death are greatly exaggerated.

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

LeviWardrobe
I'd imagine that he would be very, very difficult to get to. He is pro-Russia, pro-Russian invasion, and in Russia. Who could have possibly killed him.

Um? Colonel Putin?

As far as I know, Yanukovitch wasn't ever in favor of the invasion and annexation of Crimea, he actually believed he was President of Ukraine.

The new government in Kiev has started to back off the accusations that they previously made about the snipers that they thought were ordered by Yanukovich. It now appears that there were snipers shooting at both sides, and they may have been foreign. Ahem. Yanukovitch might have been a greedy petty thug, but not a killer, and he got a bad rap.

So Yanukovich finds out he was played by BFF Vladimir. Opposition realizes that it was a mistake. Yanukovich wants to come back and be President of Ukraine once more---all of Ukraine. He wanted good relations and money from Mother Russia, and got an invasion.

Notice who hasn't been on television since the takeover? Yanukovich is a pretty important figure---you'd think somebody would ask him what he thought about Crimea.

What if the person that was supposedly being 'helped' by the fraternal army brotherhood actually has a big problem with Tsar Putin?

Who's inconvenient now?

The only parties that I'd imagine would want him dead are the USA and Ukraine [or, potentially, any pro-EU party], and I find it hard to believe that either would have any sort of access to him.
edit on 3-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

Why would any pro-EU party want or need him dead now? If he's out of Ukraine he has no power.

And why---or even how---in Russia? The FSB surely is tailing him everywhere. Any covert assassination plan---other than FSB---has a 100% chance of failure.

edit on 9-3-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So, learned yet that a facebook claim is the last thing you should bring to ATS? I mean, the putin-bashers love it, but it wont fly too far really.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yanukovich is worth much more alive then dead. Kiling him now would be stupid and worthless.

<<   2 >>

join