It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fevers of war the way it makes man behave

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In reality looking over the forums while most will deny it, but i observe a tinge of excitement in the air. Thought i would post a few videos reminding us what really happens in the fog of war.

seriously i would rather be arguing with you guys over politics,ufo pics, and fake ghost. I cry for the children whom die or lose everything at our countries hands ( war on terror) and even the potential of things happening now could cause so much needless loss.

I think often of my grandmother whom tells us a story of the horrors of ww2. She held an infant in her arms hiding in the fields of the Philippines and as the Japanese approached the village she had to suffocate my would be aunt for fear her whimpers would cost the lives of many. The tears in her eyes as she told the family this one year ripped at my heart strings.

Nor picking sides on this i feel both sides have their rights and wrongs, but i pray they can make diplomacy work.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Shaiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
“The ever more sophisticated weapons piling up in the arsenals of the wealthiest and the mightiest can kill the illiterate, the ill, the poor and the hungry, but they cannot kill ignorance, illness, poverty or hunger.” - google it

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is no victor in war.
Only tears.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
my dad told me that his time spent in vietnam was like the world ending every minute. nonstop explosions

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Thanks for the quote. Throughout our lives we in the US are taught to hate the ideals of others, but taught intolerance is wrong. Before i traveled abroad i lived my life as most do believing the only way is inside the bubble forever believing we are the only right in the world. As I read and observed the way life is lived abroad i realized that what they tell us is not at all true.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I know men to this day that cower at the sound of thunder as they flash back to the awfulness you speak of. I have heard many stories about ww2 from different folks across my life, but never have spoken with a vet of Vietnam that wanted to talk about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My brother and father are both in the military, well my father is recently retired but still does contract work. Every year they need to take a physical exam, and a doctor overlooks their health. But at the same time mental health is a serious issue. Even for guys like my dad who is high ranking and makes decisions, thankfully, never seen combat, but my brother who might one day since he is young, needs this mental examination more than ever.

Physical strength means almost nothing in the military now days, endurance and mental health is the most important when out in the field, my brother was hassled and heckled by the drill sergeants while in basic because he over achieved, he tried to hard to be number one. Reality is, when out in the field fighting in a team and having your comrade close at all times is KEY to keeping a stable healthy mindset. You need that sort of pack mentality to support one another, in the Canadian military they stress this so much that having mental support with your brother at arms in important.
I feel like wars now days are so heavy on the mental health of a solider due to the fact the cause is meaningless, long gone are the days when warriors are celebrated and remembered, the word 'honor' has literally zero meaning in war now days. And I feel like that is a HUGE contributing factor to the moral of a soldier in this generation of world history.
How terrible must it feel to get into a firefight, lose a friend, then while falling asleep realizing he died for nothing?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i really don't think the Ukraine deal will end in much war. The stakes are high. High enough that deals will be struck.

This is one of those things that it doesn't matter who the president is. The real decisions are out of his control. Obama's overall asshattery won't be an impact on the greater situation. Our government has far, far greater continuity than that. I suspect Putins does, as well.

Its not about the leaders seat. Its about who has the combination to the bank vault.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Because war is so horrible, we need to make sure that those who hold the power to take us to war are morally upright individuals. And that is not a term I would use for the majority of politicians in the US, or for the world for that matter. For some reason it seems that politics draws in some of the worst characters. Oh, they can talk a good game, and they may even be charismatic, but so are some sociopaths. Their exterior does not divulge what lies underneath.

We know that any war is going to bring atrocities, aside from the killings of the soldiers of the warring sides. There is going to be collateral damage, no doubt about it. And there are also going to be soldiers, even from countries like America, who are not going to behave as they should when fighting a war. This is likely due to a variety of things, such as the peer pressure that is created, the feeling of power that comes with deciding whether or not to take a human life, etc...Some people should not be put in such a position, because just like there are politicians who abuse their power, there are soldiers who are not going to obey the laws and rules they are tasked with obeying.

Having been in the military, I personally saw people that shouldn't have ever been allowed in. And I swear that during basic training, one of the guys in the bunk beside mine was mentally challenged. I kid you not either. But I am more worried about the undiagnosed psychological conditions that soldiers like this likely share with many politicians. Both are seekers of power in a sense, although they go about it in different ways.

Regardless, war is something that should happen as infrequently as possible. Some wars are unavoidalbe, such as WWII. We were directly attacked here in the US, not to mention that Germany had conquered the whole of mainland Europe. That is a bigger deal than something like Vietnam or Korea, so I could understand getting involved in WWII even if Japan hadn't attacked at Pearl Harbor. Whether or not we should have been involved in these latter two wars is a good question, and I don't really know the answer. But I do know that there was so much human suffering that it was absolutely insane, just like all other wars.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

I feel like wars now days are so heavy on the mental health of a solider due to the fact the cause is meaningless, long gone are the days when warriors are celebrated and remembered, the word 'honor' has literally zero meaning in war now days. And I feel like that is a HUGE contributing factor to the moral of a soldier in this generation of world history.

I am wondering what military you are talking about. It is not the American Armed Forces that is for sure.

If you think that then there about 20,000 solders a few miles north of here that would gladly correct you in saying there is no honor among the elite solders of the 101st Airborne. It's so typical for persons who know nothing but feel enlightened because they can trash a country, and it's military, cowardly, hiding behind a monitor under a false name.

Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Your observations are correct. You can feel a certain energy in people's writings and I don't like it one bit.
Especially when i read posts from USA saying - something must be done - and similar things.
It's easy for you guys to talk but if something really does happen your gas stays cheap and you will have enough heating in September. It's Europe that is screwed.

Not to mention all those poor people in Ukraine, all they wanted was to get rid of criminal politicians and now they've got bigger problems to deal with.

new topics

top topics

join