It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine is part of US/NATO expansion to Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

voiceofrussia.com...

Patterns of a western instigated and engineered color revolution strategy are being clearly seen in developments in Ukraine and are part of the US/NATO strategy of expansion towards the East with the goal of reaching Russian borders on all sides. In bringing about their strategy which requires the overthrowing of governments and the installing of puppet regimes US/NATO are using the internal social, economic and other problems within countries to bring about their objectives as we have seen in Serbia, Ukraine and scores of other countries. These activities are illegal under international law and the UN Charter.

Ukraine is part of US/NATO expansion to Russia

NATO expansion eastwards and now on the borders of Russia, is the MAIN reason why we are risking the prospects of WW3 today.

Russia has been patient to this encroachment but will "REACT and RESPOND" to the maximum, hints of which have already been seen in Ukraine.

Time for NATO to wisen up before its too late.

Peace !!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not exactly breaking news tho..... the discussion about the eastern expansion of NATO and Russia's irritation about it has been happening since the 1990's.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

When name calling takes a turn for knives being slashed in the air..................with the knowledge of loaded guns in the kitty..................then all past discussions are forgotten and IMMEDIATE need becomes how to cool things down.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Uhm, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia - all NATO members.

All once under Soviet occupation.

Sovereign nations are free to join whatever alliance they wish.

Perhaps those former east bloc / soviet republic nations would not need to join NATO had the Soviet Union not lied to them at the Yalta Conference, where they agreed to allow free elections in those countries.

Since the Soviet Union lied, can you blame those countries for wanting a defense against Russia?
edit on 3-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

With that logic, Cuba is free to make an alliance with Russia and place the NUKE Missiles on its territory.

Sovereign Nation logic !!

Iran is free to develop NUKES and fit them on the missiles.

Sovereign Nation Logic !!

Syria is free to buy S-300 AD systems from anyone offering. Please don't go begging to Russia to not sell them to this or that nation.

About time.............to not have double standards.
edit on 3-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And Georgia was thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close until...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

See this? www.nam.gov.za...

The NAM is some pretty interesting stuff, all things considered.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

NAM is only stuff on the paper. Cuba and others can walk out of it anytime and make alliances with anyone.

This also does not stop them from making individual treaties with other nations.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

victor7

With that logic, Cuba is free to make an alliance with Russia and place the NUKE Missiles on its territory.

Sovereign Nation logic !!

Sure.. and in return for removing their nukes from Cuba the US removed nukes from Turkey. no matter how many time you try and ignore that doesn't make your answer any more credible.

victor7
Iran is free to develop NUKES and fit them on the missiles.

incorrect - please educate yourself on the NPT, which Iran is a signatory of.

victor7
Syria is free to buy S-300 AD systems from anyone offering. Please don't go begging to Russia to not sell them to this or that nation.

And from what I have seen Russia first delayed delivery, then delivered them.

Based on your examples Ukraine and any other sovereign nation bordering Russia has every right to join NATO. Just as Ukraine has every right to remove Russian invasion forces with force should they refuse to leave on their own.

victor7
About time.............to not have double standards.

Then quit trying to create a double standard when it comes to Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

~Lucidity

And Georgia was thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close until...

The same tactic in Georgia was used un Ukraine...

Violence being reported against people who identify as Russian. The introduction of troops without a shot being fired.. The same BS claims by Russia to justify their invasion of a sovereign nation.

Russia was called out today by Moldova for the same thing.. Meeting with separatists forces in Moldova that want to align with Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

victor7

NAM is only stuff on the paper. Cuba and others can walk out of it anytime and make alliances with anyone.

This also does not stop them from making individual treaties with other nations.

Unless they wish to align with the west / EU or Nato... Then they must be stopped right?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yep. The thing is, I know firsthand that there are many Ukrainian born people who believe they are Russian, that it's a travesty they were split away from Russia, that Ukrainians have no right to their sovereignty, and that they are working to make the move back to Russia happen. So I don't believe it's as simple as to say that they are being picked on or persecuted just because they're Russian either, and they're the ones probably crying the loudest to.

It's kinda like what I call the Eddie Haskell MO.
edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And there are many Ukrainians for whom Russian is a first language who are happy to be Ukrainian and not Russian too.

anyone who wants to be Russian is free to get Russian citizenship and emigrate!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm not sure I understand. Maybe I'm too tired to be doing this.

edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

From BBC Live Text @ 02:23

Olya, in Ukraine emails: I was born in Russia. I consider myself a Ukrainian because I have been living in Ukraine for a while now. I worry that Putin's invasion will separate me from my Russian relatives and friends, whom I love dearly. Putin's actions only prove that Russian government does not care about Russians in Crimea nor about Russians in Russia. Putin is claiming to protect Russians by putting them in great danger of death? How is that safe? Putin is protecting ethnic Russian in Crimea and arresting Russian citizens in Russia. How is that protection?

edit on 3-3-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: wrong tiem sorry

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

anyone who wants to be Russian is free to get Russian citizenship and emigrate!

or get a referendum and break away as a new nation..........

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Just like Sudetenland, right??

Crimea is already an autonomous republic within Ukraine - it would not be independent - it would become part of Russia - so that would be Russia invading, forcing a "referendum" in an area it controls militarily and where it has already suppressed any opposition, and being rewarded for that by "getting" Crimea.

Do you see that as a good thing??

Sorry..godwin on myself!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There is about 45 million Ukrainian people. Of that amount, about 2 million people reside in the Crime region. Of that population in the Crimea, only 54% identify as ethnic Russian.

So the claims that its a majority is not accurate either.

Those who are not Ethnic Russian / Identify as Ethnic Russian are actually being attacked by Pro Russian's in the Crimea region. Ironic really, since that was the excuse Russia used to invade the Crimea.

As I have brought up many times, and is ignored by those supporting Russia many times, what is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?

The population of Chechnya is not predominately Russian and they have no desire to be a part of Russia, yet Putin has twice invaded to put down their moves for sovereignty.

Its one of the reasons I refuse to accept Russias excuse for going into the Crimea. Russia is loosing the PR fight since they are unable to support their claims for taking action in Crimea with evidence. They tried to have the UN meetings closed to the public and lost. That is because they feared what is now happening - they are being called out to produce evidence to support their claims and so far Russia cannot do that.

If its ok for Russia to invade Crimea then its ok for foreign nations to invade Chechnya.

Question for anyone to answer by the way - What is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sure.. and in return for removing their nukes from Cuba the US removed nukes from Turkey. no matter how many time you try and ignore that doesn't make your answer any more credible.

Russia is fine with missiles in Turkey............they won't be too bad to missiles in Poland. But missiles in Cuba would be like Christmas possible at the drop of a hat............everyday !!

incorrect - please educate yourself on the NPT, which Iran is a signatory of.

fine, Iran walks out of NPT and Russia too if needed and then Iran buys all its nuclear reactors from Russia.......everyone will be happy and have sweet dreams !!

Based on your examples Ukraine and any other sovereign nation bordering Russia has every right to join NATO. Just as Ukraine has every right to remove Russian invasion forces with force should they refuse to leave on their own.

Any nation can join NATO if they are allowed to by NATO.........what comes next will NOT be the decision of NATO alone. That will surely get the logic clear !!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

As I have brought up many times, and is ignored by those supporting Russia many times, what is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?

The main difference """""""IS"""""""""Topol-M with 10 Megaton H-Bomb payload

When you make it 10 TOPOLs, then that becomes 10 MAIN Differences !! As Simple as That !!

Does that wake you up or still need some Red Bull ??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join