It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US miliatry preparing for deployments and now on hightened state of alert.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Xeven

727Sky

Xeven
I just know this due to conversations with military people both retired and active. Much of US training is on stand down so as to prepare Aircraft, Tanks, Ships for deployment to war. Nuclear weapons being dusted off and tested for readiness. US preparing for worst if not a an actual response.

# just got real on this side of the pond for real for real last 12-24 hours. Things that have long been quiet are being woke up over here.

To be honest with you that is pretty normal anytime there are heightened tensions anywhere in the world. We went on yellow alert one night because the then leader of the Soviet Union went to the Black Sea which was considered uncharacteristic of him due to the time frame. Russia has always gotten our military leaders stirred up due to their nuclear capabilities/// At least I hope that is all there is to it !

Your correct but civilians are often not aware of what happens in these situations. I can say though that some assets that have been stowed for a good long while are being awakened that are not part of the regular drum ups to war like versus Terrorists. what's going on now is more akin to what a heighten alert would have been 27-30 years ago VS Soviet Union.

We may not be playing chess but we are setting up the board to play with our Army men.

Hummm I will take your word for it.. The first thing that flashed before my mind was a scene from the original Planet of the Apes and the statue of liberty.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

NewsWorthy
We'll just thought I'd throw some info out here.... The U.S Carrier Attack group is just about to enter the Black Sea headed towards Crimea.. There's a 17 ship attack group with 3 Nuclear Subs accompanying the USS George HW Bush Super Carrier.

Who in their right minds would put a Carrier Battle group into what basically is a oversized lake!?

If this is true, it's not good.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a couple yakount missles and there will be some new nice glow in the dark fish habitats

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

You mean short term. America doesn't act in the long term anymore. That's why our economy is held together by duct tape and spit even though our mouths are drying out and the tape is almost to the cardboard.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

NewsWorthy
We'll just thought I'd throw some info out here.... The U.S Carrier Attack group is just about to enter the Black Sea headed towards Crimea.. There's a 17 ship attack group with 3 Nuclear Subs accompanying the USS George HW Bush Super Carrier.. I'd post a link but T&C won't allow it..
Google it though and it'll come up... That much firepower headed towards Ukraine might rattle some nerves, let's hope cooler heads prevail
edit on 3-3-2014 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

I tried googling and this is all I could find:

This was largely expected, and the path of aircraft carrier into the Mediterranean was known well in advance. As of late last week, this is what was known about the distribution of US naval forces around the world (Source: Stratfor).

It is not known is if the report by Sevastopol News that the two US warships have already crossed the bosphorus and would arrive at the Crimean port shortly is real or fake. From the website:

The U.S. Navy will arrive in Sevastopol in four hours? As we have just learned from unofficial sources in the Naval Forces of Ukraine, headed for the shores of Sevastopol at full speed, are two ships of the United States Navy.

According to preliminary information, two destroyers carrier battle groups have already passed the Bosphorus.

Recall that part of the Black Sea Fleet warships are now off the coast of Sochi. Yesterday, a large landing ship "Kaliningrad" from the Baltic Fleet entered the Black Sea. And as we have previously reported, to Sevastopol is returning the Ukrainian frigate "Hetman Sahaidachny."
There has been no official comment.
Of the above, the most important unknown is whether indeed the US is entering the black sea in what would be a direct confrontation with the Russian fleet. Considering the earlier report of the defection of the Ukranian navy head, this would not be surprising as the US would certainly need naval presence in the waters close to the Crimean, especially following the report that the Crimean PM just announced the creation of a regional - i..e, non-Ukraine - navy.

Those who wish to do so can keep track of the status of CVN-77 George H.W. Bush on its facebook page located here.

Alternatively, a good place to keep track of who crosses in and out of the Black Sea is the Bosphorus Naval News.

www.zerohedge.com...

Unconfirmed.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

snowspirit

NewsWorthy
We'll just thought I'd throw some info out here.... The U.S Carrier Attack group is just about to enter the Black Sea headed towards Crimea.. There's a 17 ship attack group with 3 Nuclear Subs accompanying the USS George HW Bush Super Carrier.. I'd post a link but T&C won't allow it..
Google it though and it'll come up... That much firepower headed towards Ukraine might rattle some nerves, let's hope cooler heads prevail

This was largely expected, and the path of aircraft carrier into the Mediterranean was known well in advance. As of late last week, this is what was known about the distribution of US naval forces around the world (Source: Stratfor).

It is not known is if the report by Sevastopol News that the two US warships have already crossed the bosphorus and would arrive at the Crimean port shortly is real or fake. From the website:

The U.S. Navy will arrive in Sevastopol in four hours? As we have just learned from unofficial sources in the Naval Forces of Ukraine, headed for the shores of Sevastopol at full speed, are two ships of the United States Navy.

According to preliminary information, two destroyers carrier battle groups have already passed the Bosphorus.

Recall that part of the Black Sea Fleet warships are now off the coast of Sochi. Yesterday, a large landing ship "Kaliningrad" from the Baltic Fleet entered the Black Sea. And as we have previously reported, to Sevastopol is returning the Ukrainian frigate "Hetman Sahaidachny."
Of the above, the most important unknown is whether indeed the US is entering the black sea in what would be a direct confrontation with the Russian fleet. Considering the earlier report of the defection of the Ukranian navy head, this would not be surprising as the US would certainly need naval presence in the waters close to the Crimean, especially following the report that the Crimean PM just announced the creation of a regional - i..e, non-Ukraine - navy.

Those who wish to do so can keep track of the status of CVN-77 George H.W. Bush on its facebook page located here.

Alternatively, a good place to keep track of who crosses in and out of the Black Sea is the Bosphorus Naval News.

www.zerohedge.com...

Unconfirmed.

What struck me at this time of tension, is that the Next king of England and his wife and son our doing a tour of NZ. and Aussie. far away from any action if the hostilities start .Interesting timing? Or maybe coincidence.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

hellobruce

Shana91aus
and it mentioned how there were lots of russian troops in the US i wonder if with all this conflict they would be removed from the US ?

How do you remove troops that were never in the USA?

You make up a conspiracy to say they were there secretly of course.

And in respect of any US forces in the Black Sea - there aren't many.

Turkey allows limited access for military ships through the straights, as per the 1936 convention on the subject and het Russians have regularly tried to restrict anyone else's access by making sure their own vessels pass through as often as possible.

So the USN has never had more than a handful of ships in the Black Sea - such as the 2 that went there for the Winter olympics "just in case" - and you'd expect them to go on heightened alert during a period of tension like this - it is what they do!!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

anonentity

snowspirit

NewsWorthy

www.zerohedge.com...

Unconfirmed.

What struck me at this time of tension, is that the Next king of England and his wife and son our doing a tour of NZ. and Aussie. far away from any action if the hostilities start .Interesting timing? Or maybe coincidence.

Pretty crappy timing if to avoid the conflict - they don't start their visit for another 5 weeks!!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Sure hope so. Ya don't wanna keep going on like its been the last 25 years do ya where the rich get richer, poor get poorer, and stupid Entertainment programming.

Tell me where ground zero is and I will walk towards it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Our military is always prepared;

Just wanted to say that. Thanks for allowing me to

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Russia and China are playing this as ONE. I have no doubt.

IMO, It wouldn't surprise me to see China take back Taiwan (or TRY) very soon.
Theses guys play CHESS folks.. been ahead of us through this..

(Meaning, there was NO coincidence that a Russian 'intelligence' ship parks in Cuba right before Russia invades.)
Come on, think ahead... think old school. (how long does it take to steam there from their normal routes?) This was in the planning during the Sochi...

Friends reporting F16's and F18's doing circle 8 flights over south Florida... letting that Russian ship KNOW we are aware of you, and ready. But are we truly?

Pulling troops out of Afghanistan is a vulnerable thing to do... but any attack on our ships WILL be a declaration of War.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
nothing is going to happen.

just like georgia, when we had a president that would send troops all over, all he did was send aid to the georgian people.

United States — U.S. president George W. Bush's statement to Russia was: "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."[345] "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people," said Mr Bush. "Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century." [346] The US Embassy in Georgia, describing the Matthew Bryza press-conference, called the war an "incursion by one of the world's strongest powers to destroy the democratically elected government of a smaller neighbor".[347] Initially the Bush Administration considered a military response to defend Georgia, but such an intervention was ruled out due to the inevitable conflict it would lead to with Russia.[348][349] Instead, Bush opted for a softer option by sending humanitarian supplies to Georgia by military, rather than civilian, aircraft.[348][349]
Russo-Georgian War

what make people think obuma will do anything. all he likes is drones.

my thoughts is it's all about money. i heard on the news today that stocks are down world wide, and oil had went up four dollars a barrel in the eu, and two dollars in the U.S..

i think this is a staged event to go back to the cold war era, and promote defense spending all around. big bucks in defense spending.

edit on 3-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Our military is always prepared;

Trust me, the world knows.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
There are rumors across alternative media, that the US sixth fleet has moved into the Black Sea on a secret alert status. The ships include a frigate and a command vessel with advanced signal processing equipment that could be used to gather intelligence on Russian movements in Crimea.

I usually take many reports from several of these sites with a grain of salt (a few have been banned on ATS), but this move seems very probable..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Training continues. Schedules and money is spent on training in advance and often takes months to accomplish. Train schedules, etc etc etc. Some local training can be curtailed and readiness level raised. Leave is cancelled etc.

I think you are eluding to events in the Ukraine. There is no military option there. None.. It is unfortunate but putin knew that going in. We could not do anything there if we wanted to. We are obligated by treaty but they better pray Germany steps up. It is really up to the EU to help them.

I feel sorry for Obama, putin been abusing him for while now. He feels like he owns him.

It is sad really.

Met allot of Ukrainian, they are good people. Deserve help...

The Bot

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Not the USA being aggressive? We have our hands in the manipulation of Neo-Nazis that just took power in Ukraine. You have recorded evidence of Victoria Nuland. The RT article written 3 years ago... 3 YEARS!!!!... that Geoge Soros was a part of funding a "Libya like event" in Ukraine.

Seriously. If the USA doesn't manipulate the # out of other countries to start #... and you want to pretend like Russia is being aggressive?

This is Syria all over again.

I will ask my buddy if there is anything going on that he knows or can give a "nod" to.
edit on 3-3-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i was just watching the communist news network.
they said there are 16,000 russian troops in crimea. they just sorta rolled on in just like they did in afghanistan.

i bet we do the same thing this time that we did then. except it will be john mccain's or lindsey graham's war this time.

edit on 4-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
russia will recall there forces

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

America is on a constant state of readiness, your at war remember, against terror!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The carrier battle group has several squadrons of F-22 raptos on board.......This could get interesting very quickly.

Along with 17 ships and 3 subs.

Here is the link.

turnerradionetwork.com...

Monday, 03 March 2014 18:47
March 3, 2014 -- (TRN) -- In response to a Russian invasion, the United States has sent an aircraft carrier strike group toward the Black Sea to be able to respond to developments on the Crimean peninsula of Ukraine. The super-carrier USS George H.W. Bush plus seventeen other ships and three submarines passed through the Aegean sea this afternoon. The George H.W. Bush is carrying 90 aircraft including helicopters of various types, and several squadron's of F-22 Raptors, the most advanced combat aircraft in the world. The submarines each have twenty four missile silos, with each silo housing a missile armed with eight separate nuclear warheads which operate as MIRV's (Multiple Independent Re-Entry Vehicles) that can be independently targeted.
(File photo, Nimitz Class Super Carrier, click image to enlarge)
The George H.W. Bush is the first and only aircraft carrier in the world that has successfully sea-launched and landed an unmanned X-47b Stealth Drone which can be used for long term surveillance or for offensive attacks.

The number of ships accompanying the George H.W. Bush in this strike group is significant: 17 ships and 3 submarines.

Aircraft carrier Strike Groups are assembled as-needed so there is no particular number of accompanying vessels. However, the graphic below gives readers a sense of the types of vessels that accompany a U.S. Carrier which is being sent into battle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join