It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruling The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So, I thought about what it might be like to actually have so much power & such great technology in a world like the ancient one far behind us what fun we could have. I mean, think about it. You've mastered genetics, you've got space travel, you have other awesome powers brought on because of your advanced sciences. I kind of liken this situation to playing Sim City. You can build up your city but also you can wreak havoc upon what you've created. Anyone ever purposely let loose a godzilla thru your peaceful simulated-city only because you wanted to see what would happen?

Think about it. It's 1500BC, you are oh so bored & these #in' ancient dumbasses are really #ed up dumb#s. Hey why don't you & I use our genetics laboratory to create a few 15 foot tall giants & raise them to be stupid, wild & enraged? We can set them loose downtown Alexandria & watch from our anti-gravity vehicle shrouded in some clouds as the helpless people flee from the destruction? Hey, let's make a monster & do the same thing.

Man, can you imagine? It could be really funny.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

That sounds like the behavior of a 3rd grader. I would think a species capable of interstellar travel would be a little more mature.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Think about it. It's 1500BC, you are oh so bored

Well, it's March 3, 2014, and apparently YOU are very bored...

Leading to us reading your OP and becoming bored ourselves.

See what you just caused..?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Oh, cheer up. That's not what this is about.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Well, what do you think of the behavior of the ancients? I think a lot of what they've done was very childish as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Asynchrony

Think about it. It's 1500BC, you are oh so bored & these #in' ancient dumbasses are really #ed up dumb#s

This is why we can't have nice things on this site.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Aliens, tornados, meteor showers, plagues...if there was a Moses somewhere in that city, he didn't even bother with the Jews, he just ran.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I do wonder what would happen if time travelers built a supermarket in the ancient world. With no preamble or explanation or anything. Bam, a Wall-Mart popping up one morning outside classical Athens, just like that, employees with fake smile and all. Introduce the ancient people to credit cards and you might very well end up ruling the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What gives you the idea that being smart enough to breach the cosmos makes a race benevolent? I could totally see some random asshole with a time machine be willing to do this. Heck we already have willing assholes who play sim city with our lives. We call them bankers and politicians.

So why is it that suddenly bridging the tchnology barrier of space travel makes a race of intelligent beings nicer? Humans certainly didn't become nicer to each other as we mastered various travel barriers. Look at when the Europeans first came to the Americas. How did that work out for the natives?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Every night I plot to take over the world. What else is there to do?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
so this is about a computer game?
ok, i'll play: i would make sure that everyone is fed and looked after properly. i would check that everyone has free and quality healthcare. i would encourage education and training so people can reach their full potential and they can ethically create and invent nw things ecologically sustainable for the betterment of society and future generations.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Asynchrony
So, I thought about what it might be like to actually have so much power & such great technology in a world like the ancient one far behind us what fun we could have. I mean, think about it. You've mastered genetics, you've got space travel, you have other awesome powers brought on because of your advanced sciences. I kind of liken this situation to playing Sim City. You can build up your city but also you can wreak havoc upon what you've created. Anyone ever purposely let loose a godzilla thru your peaceful simulated-city only because you wanted to see what would happen?

Think about it. It's 1500BC, you are oh so bored & these #in' ancient dumbasses are really #ed up dumb#s. Hey why don't you & I use our genetics laboratory to create a few 15 foot tall giants & raise them to be stupid, wild & enraged? We can set them loose downtown Alexandria & watch from our anti-gravity vehicle shrouded in some clouds as the helpless people flee from the destruction? Hey, let's make a monster & do the same thing.

Man, can you imagine? It could be really funny.

You mean like the Sumerian Annunaki creation myth where humans was genetically created from something lesser to mine gold?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That sounds like the behavior of a 3rd grader. I would think a species capable of interstellar travel would be a little more mature.

It could just as well be the behaviour of somebody from an ancient, jaded, thoroughly amoral and decadent alien species so stupendously advanced in their technology they've even forgotten how it works, but they can still use it. For some thrills to liven up their ancient jaded, thoroughly amoral and decadent lives.

You know, kind of Caligula in Space.

edit on 4/3/14 by Astyanax because: of a surfeit of lark's tongues.

new topics

top topics

join