It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie The Day After...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This movie is probably older that some of you here. Maybe you've seen it, but with all of the talk of WWIII actually happening, maybe people will watch this and get a better grasp of what it means. To think that two regimes, have the power to destroy us all, and for what?

Could either side possibly believe that it is better to destroy the world than to let one side win?

Would they?

Do any of you actually believe that tensions between the USA and Russia could escalate to the point of nuclear war?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Threads , Nuclear war

This one is also very good, grimm but good
edit on 3-3-2014 by deepwithin because: ..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
THANK YOU!!!! I had my head chewed off on this WW3 forum for fearing nuclear war can break out over Ukraine. I was watching this last night, seen it several times before and I remember this being first aired back in the 80s as well. Threads is also another disturbing nuclear war film as well.

It bothers me that today's generation or should I say post Cold War generation have no idea of the horror of what very may well happen. I urge everyone to watch and then you will realise that this is not some game. It is chillingly real.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It could in the future when things get worse but I think the west and nato have already given up on the Ukraine maybe some deal has been done in secret I dunno but If Putin moves into another....
Great film btw I watched it after Threads and Testament in a marathon nuclear war movie day...boy I was down after it

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

deepwithin

Threads , Nuclear war

Fixed the embed for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Thank you friend

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

ausername

deepwithin

Threads , Nuclear war

Fixed the embed for you.

I have seen The day after, but I never heard of Threads.
The preview does have my interest

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss

It bothers me that today's generation or should I say post Cold War generation have no idea of the horror of what very may well happen. I urge everyone to watch and then you will realise that this is not some game. It is chillingly real.

I think most people would be shocked to learn how little it could take to start a nuclear war between the USA and Russia. Or how close we came in the past. (Cuban missile crisis)

Recently Russia had a massive meteor explode over Russia, their systems alerted a possible nuclear attack. They almost overreacted to it. I wonder, if there had been several meteors at that time over Russia, some impacts along with that one if they would have launched their nukes at us?

No, it is not a game. "Use em or lose em"

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

As I see it the problem with the Nukes is that the present bunch, leave a minimal amount of radiation. After two weeks the radiation dissipates. So the reason of leaving the earth biologically useless for generations isn't there. logistically no massed army is safe as they can be destroyed en mass. Only one has got to get through, So how do you stop a ground hugging ICBM? With Moscow having finished its nuclear bunkers for the General population. One could argue that with a load of Nukes going off the only country with any one left would be Russia. As far as the West is concerned the initial Civil breakdown and loss of infra structure, would make for a very short war.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

When people are in power and they start feeling untouchable because their surrounded by a strong military, they start believing they can survive anything thrown at them. They become self-centered and all they care about is holding onto power. Just look at our own congressmen and women who try to hold office well beyond retirement age. They love the power! John McCain would say he would love to bomb Iran because he can easily hide behind the U.S. military. The political elite have their underground bunkers to run to while the general public will be the target of bombs and destruction.

Leaders are too quick to launch threats because they think they're invincible. I'm sure Lybia's Muammar al-Gaddafi never thought he would be killed by the hands of his own people. When his life was about to end, he cried and pleaded for his life. I guess to some, Karma can be a real b**ch.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
THANK YOU!!!! I had my head chewed off on this WW3 forum for fearing nuclear war can break out over Ukraine. I was watching this last night, seen it several times before and I remember this being first aired back in the 80s as well. Threads is also another disturbing nuclear war film as well.

Not sure how you are drawing the connection of war not happening to the horrors of nuclear war? There will be no nuclear war as a result of this skirmish but what the hell does that have to do with realizing the horrors of nuclear war?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Sure we have some more technical nuclear warheads but not all of them have been converted to such...we have plenty of submarines that carry ballistic missiles that are not so forgiving when it comes to radiological dispersion...Russians have the same sloppy types of missiles. Our newer cruise missiles carry a low yield of nuclear punch...but hey, I'm not always right...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I personally feel the next use of nuclear weapons will be in the form of terrorism or false flag purporting terrorism. With so many questions left unanswered about previous terrorist attacks and the common suspicions that lay blame at our own governments feet those that seek to do harm from within feel invincible and left unchecked. That and our drone policy of ripping families to shreds does nothing but to insure more extremist for decades and cause children to devote their lives to blind vengeance. That being said my opinion would change fast if Obama and Kerry continue daring a man or trying to dictate what he can and cant do. A mans family and his pride can make him do very dangerous things.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I have that movie on DVD. It was a made-for-tv movie, so it's a little cheesy, but things happen fast and definitely turn terrifying. It's a good movie, though, depressing.

new topics

top topics

join