It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. My first thread is a rant about Ukraine. please read on ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello and respect to all,

I’m new here and I hope you treat me fairly.

Some of you seem to want or look forward to “world war three”. (I’m not sure why but apparently insanity is contagious.)

On the other hand I - like most are hoping WW3 never happen at least not in our life.

I wonder what it is that causes people to hate? Why if you don’t agree you feel violence is the solution?

Say you don’t agree with my thoughts. Are you going to beat me up? Do you want to kill me? Is that your solution?

At this point in history we should be able to solve our differences through dialog not with violence.

Our “leaders” should be able to sit down and agree upon a nonviolent solution to the Ukraine situation?
Why is it so difficult?

edit on 3-3-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

Our leaders are no better.

I don't think anyone wants WW3, not really or they don't really understand what a world war is.

Europe know fine well what World war is as we still see it all around, but overall everyone knows it's not the answer.

By the way what is our opinion on how to contain and fix the problem, it's all good saying the politicians should sort it out but what do you think they should do?
Allow Russia to have Crimea? Turn their backs on Ukraine? It's a very complex situation, Russia setting up for a war doesn't
help matters.
edit on 31pm55pmMon, 03 Mar 2014 17:28:28 -060031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
double post
edit on 31pm44pmMon, 03 Mar 2014 16:45:16 -060031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I for one do not want any type of violence. I'm hoping the West stays out of it but that's a super slim chance.

However, I'm not driving this bus.

The military industrial complex and big banks of the world want conflict. It's how they make the bulk of their money.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

I don't have a solution but it isn't my job to come up with a solution.

Russia has a interest with Crimea and I appreciate their concern. Part of my point is Russia comes off as being the 'bad guy'. They could handle things better but how are they different than the U.S. ?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Howdy and welcome to the boards minusinfinity!

Some of you seem to want or look forward to “world war three”. (I’m not sure why but apparently insanity is contagious.)

Sometimes it is not necessarily a wish for harm to others in these upswellings, but more of a desire for change. Granted there are many who are so angry that they do wish for change at any cost, including lives, but the contagion in general, may be more attitude and frustration than insanity. For the record, I want change, but not at the cost of lives.

At this point in history we should be able to solve our differences through dialog not with violence.

I agree, but there's no profit in that, and diplomacy could be perceived as weakness from some of our politicians and citizens(the ones who watch Fox News), so it's kinda damned if ya do/don't.
I also wonder if the gas lines running through Ukraine to the UK has anything to do with this debacle.

The gas subsidies and delinquent payments lie at the center of Ukraine’s economic problems and tension with Moscow.
In the long run, Ukraine could boost domestic production. Late last year, it signed shale gas accords with Chevron and Royal Dutch Shell; each will invest $350 million in five-year exploration programs and $10 billion for development in the western part of the country, Ukrainian officials have said. However, Chevron, whose block covers 1.6 million acres, said drilling hasn’t started. It still needs to iron out an operating agreement with its partner, the mostly state-owned firm Nadra Oles’ka, said Chevron spokesman Kent Robertson.

In the long run, Ukraine could boost domestic production. Late last year, it signed shale gas accords with Chevron and Royal Dutch Shell; each will invest $350 million in five-year exploration programs and $10 billion for development in the western part of the country, Ukrainian officials have said. However, Chevron, whose block covers 1.6 million acres, said drilling hasn’t started. It still needs to iron out an operating agreement with its partner, the mostly state-owned firm Nadra Oles’ka, said Chevron spokesman Kent Robertson.

www.washingtonpost.com... _story.html

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I've yet to meet anyone on this site who "looks forward" to WW3. Are you sure you didn't misread? Lots of people are anticipating it, for sure, but I don't see anyone cheering...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

People want WW III like many watch car races just to see the crashes.

There will be no war. No fighting. The US and EU will say stern things and write angry letters.

But it won't stop Putin. Most know this. But some clamor for the rage and death and bombs and planes and killing and fighting.

Congrats on your first thread. SnF from me.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Russia is full of cowboy gangster who don't know what proper politics are, the only person who truly understands politics in that country is Putin, who seems to have gone slightly insane over the past year. I can't say much about the military, but I am sure it's just a bunch of puppets of Putin and the Kremlin, but the people who have interests and investments won't bat an eye if war broke out, they are law less and think they run the country, it's pure corruption that feeds this invasion. They won't stop, and that will lead to another issue.
Who, other than Ukraine, is going to stand up to the bear? Time will only tell, but will it lead to WW3? I highly doubt it, but it would lead to a pretty large conflict.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

minusinfinity

On the other hand I - like most are hoping WW3 never happen at least not in our life.

I wonder what it is that causes people to hate? Why if you don’t agree you feel violence is the solution?

Say you don’t agree with my thoughts. Are you going to beat me up? Do you want to kill me? Is that your solution?

Our “leaders” should be able to sit down and agree upon a nonviolent solution to the Ukraine situation?
Why is it so difficult?

OP, your ignoring the fact that some people cant be reasoned with.

Kim Jung Un doesnt have a reason to treat his people so badly, but he does it anyways, because he can.

RUssia has also done terrible things to people for no other reason than they could.

Your stance that reason and commentary can solve problems against evil is inconsistent with reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Why is it so difficult?

cause there is probably things going on behind the scenes we know nothing about.

plus the fact putin knows he can do this and no1 is really going to react unless they want to start world war 3,sure he knows that too and its just a show of strength to show that america aint in charge.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I would go one step further and say that if you put 20 people in a room that are mature adults,that use reason. Now put in one person that is immature and hostile. Before this little experiment is over there will be a fight. The immature one will see to it.He will try to boss and bully the other 20 until someone decides they have had enough. Ta da, WW3.

Its like I told my mother in law years ago, there is nothing wrong with the new testament and turning the other cheek.The problem lies in the fact that no matter what,there will be people who will take advantage of that and attack the others. Therefore a turn the other cheek attitude does not cut it in the world. Maybe on those that we little people deal with day to day,but not on a world stage.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The real question is, when will all the countries who have strong armies, stop using smaller countries like pawns in a chess game. It's none of their business. Let the people of sovereign countries decide their own fate or political representation. A country will never find lasting peace when outsiders come in and decide who should represent them. It will only create more support against the ruling party.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Fear the war mongers.

top topics

join