It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parish Priest Aids Family in Fight Against Demons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
From the National Catholic Register
Father Michael Maginot discusses his role in serving as an exorcist to help an Indiana family who appeared to be afflicted by demonic possession.

LaToya Ammon's three children, a daughter, 12, and two sons, 9 and 7, often reported feeling sick at their Gary, Ind., school. Sometimes blood mysteriously showed up in their mouths, ears and noses. The school nurse reported the situation to Child Protective Services (CPS). The children, their mother and grandmother, Rosa Campbell, who lived together in a rented house, insisted there was no abuse. Instead, the family reported that they were victims of demonic attacks. No one believed them. But then, a nurse and CPS worker witnessed the older boy walk backwards up a wall in the hospital where he was waiting to be examined by a psychiatrist.

Now that's what I call creepy and goes to show you how the Catholic church has always been right on the front lines when it comes to combating demons! Father Michael Maginot, not a great story teller makes an attempt to layout his life and death struggle with the forces of darkness thus saving four innocent souls...
--- or did he???

you see it all sounded pretty darn convincing---right up until you get the end of the article and it says

Even though the story only became public Jan. 26, is it true there are already plans for a movie and documentary?

Yes, I’m going to do both because they can work hand in hand. I will stipulate having final say to sign off on the script. It has to be loyal to the true story. The truth is crazy enough. Tony DeRosa-Grund, who produced the movie The Conjuring, is taking it around to different movie companies now. I signed a contract with Zak Bagans for the documentary. He produced The Ghost Adventures for TV.

So much for, priests will lead a life of simplicity consonant with the people they serve... I don't know what to think in this case... there is a lot of documented records of other exorcisms and demonic possession... Maybe this story was just halfheartedly written or poorly told, but this one comes off as only being half believable. To me anyway...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm sure the Vatican will take it's cut of the profits (prophets). I wonder if father Dameon got a big payday from the original, and sequels of "The Excorcist"?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I guess money opportunities will never fail to be grasped at.
The part that annoys me about this story is the popular description of the boy walking backwards. Talk about a misleading headline. But maybe they thought people wouldn't be able to compute any other description. The story itself clarifies that he was slowly sliding upwards, right across the ceiling corner and then dropping back onto the floor. Hardly a casual stroll, yes?

edit on 3-3-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I got a kick out the part where he says,

What do you think the ex-boyfriend had to do with any of this?

Maybe he put a curse on the mother. He had once asked her for an article of underwear as a souvenir.

Surely everyone knows the easiest way to get cursed is by handing over your panties!
trust me it's true and that's how the wife and I ended up with two kids of our own

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is one of the scariest stories of alleged demonic activity I've ever read. I think what makes it compelling is the documentation by witnesses (hospital staff, police reports, etc.) I have no idea what is really going on here, but it is the most convincing case I've ever come across.

I think you left off an important quote from the priest when he was talking about the movie and documentary. The paragraph that followed the quote you offered was...

As far as the money that will come from it, I’ll have to think of charities to donate to. I like my life the way it is; I don’t need it. The most important thing is to get this information out, so people will take this stuff seriously and know that God and evil are real.

I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. I believe he does want this information to get out, if this can be verified as all true it could change people's lives to know about it. Most people who dedicate their lives to faith very much want to help bring others to faith - and this story is quite a witnessing tool.

Thanks for the post. I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading about this story because it really blows my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Thanks for adding that part in. Intentions pull a lot of weight credibility wise imo. Definitely an interesting case; one I'll be following.

new topics

top topics

join