It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found A Great Add-on Every Computer Should Have!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe I am late to the party? I was trying to find a way to save highlighted text directly to a file without having to save it on Microsoft word/works first.

This is the add-on I found.

github.com...

It was easy to download, free, and allows you to specify where you want to send the text. So, now when I decide to create a thread or write something on another web site, I can save it before I send it! That can help avoid the dreaded, " I spent time, and I lost it" scenario! LOL! This is especially helpful when you are dealing with web sites that you have to use their internal email system to send suggestions and have no record of the transmission.

They do ask for a small donation if you feel the need.

Good Luck,

Soul

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Well, I just tried it now on ATS, this post actually and it didn't work. Also, in the configuration a change in target directory does not show until the Add-On is restarted.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I respond in WORD or any RTF....cut and paste it over...and can save it. I learned tht on ATS about 3 years ago about not losing your posts when composing.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Works just fine for me. Perhaps you are not doing something correctly.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

This add-on allows you to respond with out using word at all. As I was saying though, over the years I have had email correspondence with different companies that like to control their email and when you send it it is gone and you have no record of it...this program allows you to document date, time and context of said emails.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sounds good!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ta-ta, Installed it, worked 100% (all sites I tried, including ATS). Incredibly practical for taking notes of web page passages.

Much quicker than regular cutting&pasting, as (1) you don’t have to switch to your word processor every time, and (2) it automatically adds the exact URL to each pasted passage.

I suggest to first try the “append to existing file” option (with “add day/time to saved file name” UNchecked)

Thanks, soulpowertothendegree.

edit on 3-3-2014 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Works just fine for me. Perhaps you are not doing something correctly.

I blocked the text (highlighted), right clicked -> save to text, clicked ok or whatever, checked to see if it was where it was supposed to be, nada. Uninstalled. I thought I would try this but for historical saves and retrieving, I think keyloggers work better, they are seemless and you can log information by the day or hour or just append one big-ass history file.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join