It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Holding Emergency Meeting Tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

CJCrawley
it's not like they invaded Hawaii, or something.

This is justification ?

Yes, you're quite right, they shouldn't be doing this.

Then Russia should be called on it.

But military simply isn't an option

Agreed

Russia should be called on it

This isn't Iraq we're talking about.

And who mentioned Iraq?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I know that I will die some day. it could be tomorrow if I am run over by a car or something. But to me, a nuclear war is just too horrific a death to contemplate. If I am to die, then fine, but not in a nuclear holocaust. It marks the end of ALL life on Earth. There will be no chance for humanity to carry on. I have a right to live for as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Then get out there and start living

the end of the world is not a new concept
edit on 3-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Why? What is different from you dying to a nuclear bomb vs getting into a car accident and dying? The fact that the death tolls are different? Well you are dead in either case, just in one example a few more people joined you. Nothing lasts forever. Even humanity has an expiration date. So why worry about it? I ask because the process of actively worrying about it is just a huge waste of energy and does nothing to fix the issue.

ETA: The world could be wiped out tomorrow from an untold number of possible cosmological and geographical events. I don't see you making a ton of threads yelling about how the supervolcano underneath yellowstone is overdue for erruption and can erupt any day now. Seriously, its all about perspective.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I agree with MrSpad.If Russia sticks to JUST Crimea the worst they can expect is some economic sanctions.And would probably take the EU months to figure out what kinds and terms,etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not justifying it. Russia is behaving like a bully.

But invading what recently comprised the Soviet Union is categorically different from invading an unconnected country...doesn't justify it, but it does add mitigating perspective.

And Russia ARE being called on it, aren't they?

Though what ice that will cut with the posturing, thuggish Putin is another matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You mean NATO is going to set off a bomb?

Remember its
Hegelian Hegelian Hegelian Hegelian....Never changes....you just become desensitized to it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

all2human
reply to post by MrSpad

I beg to differ, if i understand you correctly, i don't expect Ukraine to attack Russia, maybe a few skirmishes (hired thugs) that's about it. These armies don't want to tangle, and probably the Russians have been ordered not to .
The outcome and victor of this will be determined by who conducts the best propaganda war, and its in full steam

I am saying it is unlikely Ukriane will move to attack the Russian forces, there. Right now they have global backing and support and they really do not have the offensive fire power needed anyway. Russia's entire plan revolves around Ukraine not acting. Take the Crimea, then negotiate for the loan and other port guarantees etc. What I am saying is the one thing that could mess things up is Ukraine acting on its own to remove the Russians. As unlikely as that is. Of course Russia has given its self some room to save face even if that were occure as Putin has made no public statements on what is going on nor have the Russians admitted they are Russians. If attacked and Russia that an wider war might happen then could simply walk away and say they we never said we would defend them and they were not Russians anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Russia's hands are tied militarily IMO

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

SLAYER69

andy1972
NATO has nothing to do with the Ukraine...NATO cannot invade...Ukraine voted by 226 votes, NOT to be a member.
Since 2010 they've "co-operated" with NATO..a bit like Georgia...NATO didnt help Georgia either did it.

roflmao

So, where in any of that does that allow Russia to invade?

Who in the hell said it allowed Russia to invade the Ukraine??

Did i say it??

I think not. What i said was NATO will do nothing as the Ukraine is not a member nation, it merely co-operates with them.

So if the world police conveen a meeting or no..is moot.

The only thing that maybe, maybe legally binds the US and the UK to military action is the Budapest memorandum, and personally i dont think that means much to either of them..

So, i didn't condone nor condemn Russias action's just stated my opinion that NATO wouldn't lift a bullet to help.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Why? What is different from you dying to a nuclear bomb vs getting into a car accident and dying? The fact that the death tolls are different? Well you are dead in either case, just in one example a few more people joined you. Nothing lasts forever. Even humanity has an expiration date. So why worry about it? I ask because the process of actively worrying about it is just a huge waste of energy and does nothing to fix the issue.

ETA: The world could be wiped out tomorrow from an untold number of possible cosmological and geographical events. I don't see you making a ton of threads yelling about how the supervolcano underneath yellowstone is overdue for erruption and can erupt any day now. Seriously, its all about perspective.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I am entitled to my opinions and I am entitled to comment on the nature of my death when it occurs. I am saying death via nuclear war is a horrific way to die and that is not how I wish to go. I also happen to care about what happens to the planet and the other forms of life we are supposed to be sharing it with. I can discuss this on any amount of threads that I want. Just as you are entitled to do as well. Also being afraid is also to be human. And I don't think I am alone in feeling fearful tonight. I just hope that if it does all go nuclear that if there is a Great Beyond, then that those responsible are held to account for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I never said that you weren't entitled to an opinion. I just want to know why you feel that way. What makes nuclear annihilation so much more scarey than a supervolcano in your backyard erupting or a gamma wave burst coming in from an unknown part of the galaxy, sterilizing the whole Earth as it passes?

My point is that these things are out of your hands. Letting fear of their occurrence paralyze you does nothing. Instead you could be focusing on the things you can control or spending as much time as possible enjoying life, because frankly any moment could be your last.

It appears through your response to me that you think I do not care about other suffering. I do. I am just trying to impart some wisdom to you that I learned while in the Army, in Iraq, driving up and down the highways every night, in constant danger of being blown up. I don't mean to appear callous, I just know better then to do what you are doing.

P.S. death by nuclear blast wouldn't be so bad if you get caught in the initial explosion. You'd be dead so fast your brain wouldn't have time to process the pain. Of course radiation sickness (what I think you are worried about) is a whole other cup of tea.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ELECTRIC FUNERALLLL
ELECTRIC FUNERALLLL...
Ozzy was a modern day Nostradamus..

and..
Generals gather in their masses...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join