It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hiding Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have just finished reading the Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. To be honest, I had heard of the book years ago but didn't bother reading it since I considered any book marketed as 'Christian' to be just more 'Halleluiah, Praise the Lord' stuff rather than anything concrete.

Of course I was wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this thread.

A few weeks ago I read The Diary of Anne Frank and KayEm, seeing me reading it, mentioned The Hiding Place. since it was based in the same country and at the same time as the Diary.

Last Friday I was looking through a bookshop and saw a copy.

The book is truly a testament to human kindness under immense pressure and threat.

Corrie ten Boom and her family lived in a small house in Haarlem, Holland during the Nazi Occupation. They offered help to any who asked for it and hid Jews in a small secret room built for this very reason. Eventually, Betrayed to the Gestapo, the family were arrested and taken to various concentration camps. Corrie and her sister, Betsie, eventually ended up in Ravensbruck death camp, where Betsie died.

Released because of a clerical error a mere week before every woman of her age was taken to the gas chambers, Corrie returned to Holland and wrote of her ordeal.

Reading this book made me realise that no matter how much crap we have to put up with, its nowhere as bad as being sent to some nazi death camp.

Definitely recommended

The story of Corrie ten Boom (Students version)

Corrie ten Boom museum

new topics

join