It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Russia Tells Ukraine: Surrender By 5:00 AM Tomorrow, Or Face Military 'Storm'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

NBC News is reporting that the Russian military has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 5 a.m. Tuesday (10 p.m. ET Monday) to surrender or face a military “storm,” according to Interfax.

BREAKING: Russia Tells Ukraine: Surrender By 5:00 AM Tomorrow, Or Face Military 'Storm'

While NBC could not immediately confirm the Interfax report, it published the following ultimatum reportedly sent to the Ukrainian Defense Ministry by Alexandr Vitko, chief commander of Russia’s Black Sea fleet:

“If they do not surrender by 5 a.m. tomorrow, we will start a real storm in Ukrainian bases in Crimea.”

Here we go. It seems that its about to pop off. From one country to the next. Thing is Putin doesn't care. He gonna storm in either way I'm guessing and the Ukraine won't surrender. Russia will lay the smack down on the Ukraine though and they won't have any other options but to surrender if this pops off.

Ukraine called up reserves and mobilized for war on Sunday after Russia sent a reported 6,000 troops into Crimea, who have since taken control of two major airports and positioned themselves outside government buildings.

Despite warnings from Barack Obama, when Putin draws a red line, he means it. This is going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

-SAP-

edit on 3-3-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A bit of a sensationalist headline there.
What it appears to be, is Ukraine government forces in Crimea being asked to stand down, which is a long way from threatening the entire country with a military onslaught.

See, that's the problem I have with reporting these days, they usually expect people to go no further than scanning headlines and opening statements, which then turn out to be contradictory as you (if you can be bothered) to read further.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Already a thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Thanks for that. It was slightly different headline that's why it didn't pop up when I searched it.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

This has already proven to be false. Russian Defense Ministry dismisses Ukraine ultimatum reports as ‘total nonsense’

What concerns me the most is that nearly all of the Western Media outlets have picked up this story and are running with it despite Russia clearly saying that it is not true.

WTF does the West really want a war? Cause these kinds of false headlines sure make it look like we do.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Mamatus because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Thanks for info, wasn't aware of it.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'll take this with a massive grain of salt mainly because it's an American MSM network whom I wouldn't trust to tell me what the breakfast specials were at the McDonalds down the street.
edit on 3-3-2014 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I was just watching on CNN, and they were downplaying the surrender by 5 am thing.
So it is starting to make headlines that it is not an official demand, just one of a general on the ground.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Good thing as I was about to make a conspiracy thread. There is so much more to this than most of us see. The appointment of Neo-Nazi leaders to the new Ukrainian Government is frightening. The USA may be yelling at the wrong side and worse yet, may have helped install Nazi's into positions of power.

I am ashamed of my government, I am ashamed I sit back and do nothing but vote, always for those that fail me.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by Darkblade71

Good thing as I was about to make a conspiracy thread. There is so much more to this than most of us see. The appointment of Neo-Nazi leaders to the new Ukrainian Government is frightening. The USA may be yelling at the wrong side and worse yet, may have helped install Nazi's into positions of power.

I am ashamed of my government, I am ashamed I sit back and do nothing but vote, always for those that fail me.

Dont be ashamed, there's not one of us who hasnt voted for a governemnt that's failed us...once and again...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Mamatus

WTF does the West really want a war? Cause these kinds of false headlines sure make it look like we do.

Wrong premise young man. That IS how to start a war.

" ..integration of war propaganda into the texture of existing mass media and popular culture allows it to announce a new mobilization of society and troops against an enemy--real or imagined--without destabilizing the status quo too radically. "

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe it's me but I trust the Russians more than the western governments and John Kerry with his hypocritical crap yesterday, the U.S. has NO problems with pretexts in war, they even create their own when it suits them.

Things could get messy in Ukraine and I hope the Russians know what they're doing. I can't see the U.S. or U.K. taking military action, and on the offchance they do, expect your gas prices to sky rocket.

If things get out of control, civil war will ensue, and once again, expect gas prices to be affected.

Haha, just caught Obombas little speech on "Russias potential to breach International Law", once again, since when did the U.S. have any issues doing this?
edit on 3-3-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

They want Putin to look as bad as possible....I'm sure there are a good deal of people in the media that want Obama in a better light...rewind to Syria along with the involvement of Putin...I'm sure that bitter pill is still stuck in the throats of many at the Ivory Tower.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Who conducts the best propaganda campaign will determine the victors, it's in full steam

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Mamatus

This has already proven to be false. Russian Defense Ministry dismisses Ukraine ultimatum reports as ‘total nonsense’

What concerns me the most is that nearly all of the Western Media outlets have picked up this story and are running with it despite Russia clearly saying that it is not true.

The same defense ministry who claimed there were no Russian forces in Crimea?
The same defense ministry who violated the Ukraine-Russia agreement on Russian forces in Crimea?
The same defense ministry that stated the "snap drill" of 150k soldiers was not related to Ukraine?

please...

the only nonsense is coming from Russia. Another example of the Russian failure to grasp what a free media is. Gone are the days of them making claims and just expecting their citizens to accept it at face value.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

so true...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i think, ultimately, russia will do whatever the hell it wants to in ukraine/crimea, to a chorus of international hand-wringing and disapproval, ultimately futile. and so on.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

NBC said that, well it must be true(joke).

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yahoo News - Ukraine in crisis | U.S. to Russia: 'It is an act of aggression; it must stop'

Poland just invoked Article IV under the NATO charter -

Update, 3:15 p.m. EST: NATO's secretary general said that the North Atlantic Council will meet Tuesday following a request by Poland under article 4 of NATO's founding Washington Treaty:

Under article 4 of the Treaty, any Ally can request consultations whenever, in the opinion of any of them, their territorial integrity, political independence or security is threatened. The developments in and around Ukraine are seen to constitute a threat to neighboring Allied countries and having direct and serious implications for the security and stability of the Euro-Atlantic area.

The Russian Ambassador to the UN apparently was taken to task by the US Ambassador over his remarks -

Update, 3:52 p.m. ET: U.S. and Russian ambassadors exchanged sharp words at the United Nations in New York on Monday. Vitaly Churkin, Russia's ambassador to the U.N., said ethnic Russians are under attack in the Ukraine from "anti-national radicals" and defended the possible use of force in Crimea.

"We're talking about defending our citizens and our compatriots, on defending the most important human right, the right to life," Churkin said.

"There is no evidence that ethnic Russians are in danger," U.S. ambassador Samantha Power responded. "Russia is trying to convince the world community that up is down, and black is white.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Mamatus

WTF does the West really want a war?

John McCain is an elected official.

That answer alone should suffice.
edit on 3-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join