It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirt trucks in Lancaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I know that most forums dislike a new member creating a new thread on their first post, but I feel compelled to know. I live in a town called Lancater, California. In this town there is a street which is called 30th street west. It acts a sort of backroads equivalent to freeway. I live off of 30th street and my school looks out on to it. Normally it is quite calm and peaceful with most of the traffic being SUVs and compacts. Not today. Today there was an extensive, and I mean extensive number of dirt carrying trucks(you know, the semis with a large V shaped dirt holders. Two of them. They can have a tarp placed over the dirt/rock holders.) Anyways, today I must have seen at least 12 trucks traveling south in a 15 minute period while I was heading North on 30th. And then going south(I had forgotten a book at home and had to go get it) I saw another 8 trucks. Between classes another 12 trucks were observed heading in both directions. After school ended, 6 more. This seems to be very abnormal even if the street is unpopular for trucks. In the morning, the trucks heading south had tarps covering their payload. the next two times though, some trucks had tarps and some didn't. The trucks heading North sounded heavier though. I am merely wonderiong if anyone has heard anything about this, or if there are any theories on what they could be here for. I thank everyone in advance for their help.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Try following them.
Or check your local newspapers of any construction articles.
Are there any water dams or strip mines in your area?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It might be worth checking the local newspaper. If there is a major construction project, there might be some mention.

Did you notice a logo or a company name on the trucks? If they are county trucks it may just be a road project. Could also be filling in swampy low level land to make it salable.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Such lines of thought(except for following) have already been explored. There is the constant building of homes in Lancaster, but nothing requiring that many dirt trucks. As for major projects, the only real project happening now is the construction of a new water storage tank. There is no need for a major road construction operation(the town is too small for more thatn one freeway). As for symbles on the trucks, the symbols vary. They camoe from at least 6 different companys(by the way there isn't that many different housing development going on). The odder thing is, the identification numners, the "call Bob's truck sales at" looks like xxx-56x8. Some of the number hae been removed and repainted(faint outline remain). I'm probably just hoping for something that doesn't exist, but it is just to strange for us who live here.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know around here when a large scale project ( or project with a tight deadline) are in full swing, its not uncommon for many "private" dump truck haulers to come out of the wood work. I was surprised at just how many there are. ( the pay is very good per job).
I have seen as many as 300 dump trucks in action on shipping port ship unloading operations. I know guys who lease extra trucks and have friends drive them for the duration of the job cause the pay is so good.

Looks like you'll have to play the lost motorist and follow them

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
LanScatter!

You're close enough to Palmdale and Edwards Air Force Base to hear all the good rumors too.

There might be a building under construction with a subterranean garage that requires excavation ... or they are adding to the "secret tunnel" out of Edwards again!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Did you get a peep off what the trucks without tarps carried? Because if it was rock or concrete slab, it must be a construction of a buliding.

top topics

join