It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Did anyone see this movie? I liked it. I am not a fan of Pitt but the movie was good. I don't think it was that scary but very realistic.

Everyone was raving on that it was really scary, I didn't think so.

LOL I have no idea why I posted this but I think it might be because so many People said it was hell scary but it wasn't and I watched the entire thing waiting to curdle on the inside and it didn't happen.

Maybe cos it is another typical zombie movie.

edit on 3/3/2014 by Thurisaz because: to add afterthought

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Thurisaz
Did anyone see this movie? I liked it. I am not a fan of Pitt but the movie was good. I don't think it was that scary but very realistic.

You'll find that most people who hated it are fans of the book. I am a fan of the book myself but I didn't hate the movie. The key is to pretend the movie doesn't share the same title and then you can appreciate it.

Why it was called "World War Z" (thus killing any hope for a movie actually based on the book) is beyond me.

As a stand-alone, unrelated move, it was actually pretty fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It was just ok. Nothing really new. The book added more to the story or so I've heard.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thurisaz

This movie was an absolute failure IMO. Oh it was an OK zombie movie but the only thing WWZ about it was the title. Completely lame idea where Hollywood co-opts a great story and then mangles it into unrecognizable form.

Read the book, it's 1000% better.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I haven't read the book so had no idea what to expect. That might have been by the sounds of things, a blessing.

Oh another movie I watched just recently REALLY was out of the ordinary: Never Let Me Go written by an Asian man. So bloody tragic

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Hey Thurisaz,
I love this movie!!
The first time I watched it, I hid my eyes through most of it, lol.
The second time I watched it all...not really gross!
I bought the dvd, and have watched it a few times...didn`t read the book though.
`(Train is in the station!)

jacy

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When I went to go see this movie, I was hoping for at least something close to the book at least. While I was watching, the movie had a 28 days later vibe, almost as if it was a new 28 days later film, with World War Z slapped on it to sell more tickets. Almost everything about that movie screamed 28 days later, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Never read the book but I thought the movie was a failure. There have been good Zombie movies and shows like the Walking Dead is ok but George Romero seems to be the only person that made really good Zombie movies.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i thought it sucked. the hype, budget and star combined to severely UN-deliver.

there are some low budget zombie films that are WAY better imo.

i was excited to see the film due to the hype, and wished it was at least better than decent.

a couple examples are Zombie Night 1 and 2. off the top of my head. some free Zombie movies on youtube were better ffs than WWZ.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I haven't seen it, but I've seen enough preview and read enough from others who to know that the only real reason they bought the rights to the book would have been to maybe use some of Brooks' terminology and some loose events and to slap a highly recognized title on their flick.

Nothing else I've heard has anything in common with the book itself which is absolutely awesome. I couldn't put it down and still can't even after having read it many times.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I really liked the book. The segmented style it was written in as well.

But then I saw the movie on opening night and was severely disappointed. The two had almost nothing in common. Even the zombies were completely different.

And the worst part was that they forgot to give the movie an ending. They just cut it off and called it a day.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Read the book by Max Brooks it's much better. The movie was a disgrace to the book.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It was an ok movie. The only thing in common with the book was the title name. As a zombie movie on its own though, it had some bright points. I loved the whole way the zombies ignored those with a terminal illness. Very unique idea in the lore. The swarming thing though, was just plain weird. While unique, it dehumanized the zombies too much. Part of the appeal is the humanity we see of their former selves. Without that, they become easy to kill vicious monsters.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great movie for what you want is a zombie movie, crazy action, and Brad Pitt being... Brad Pitt.

If you wanted the good stuff that the book offered (political/social commentary on what it's like during a zombie war, exploring the psychology of living in such a world, differences between nationalities, etc), then just read the book.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Well......I loved it! So much I watched it three times and I don't like Brad Pitt.
I read the reviews and they were not good and people who have read the book were also very critical so I went to watch it expecting not to like it, but I loved it....maybe because it's not your 'normal' zombie movie or because it kept me really entertained all the time and without too much blood.....but I loved it.

new topics

top topics

join