It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian military gives Ukrainian forces until 03:00 GMT to surrender or face an assault

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
RT News.....Crimea Air Force base sides with local authorities
45 mig29 fighter jets and 800 servicemen at the base

So, the navy have sided with Crimea and now the Air force there, and the soldiers at the army base seemed to be quite happy to be surrounded by what was purported to be Russian troops......hey ho.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I beg your pardon sir....

Its not uncle sam pissing his pants its obama and the rest of his leftist lot. If we had a hardened republican in office he would have at least supported our athletes and we may already have been annilated.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Shaiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thread id is 1000444

It's not just about Crimea. Pro-Russian attitudes are spread far beyond Crimea. Here is what happened two days ago in Kharkov (mainland Ukraine). This is a massive siege of the regional administration building captured by radicals:

Another siege happened today in Donetsk (mainland Ukraine):

Lugansk is up to something too:

Dnepropetrovsk is still mixed to say the least.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Shaiker
reply to post by crazyewok

I beg your pardon sir....

Its not uncle sam pissing his pants its obama and the rest of his leftist lot. If we had a hardened republican in office he would have at least supported our athletes and we may already have been annilated.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Shaiker because: (no reason given)

Uncle sam = US government.

And the US government is acting like it has no spine.

O and last time I checked the US people voted Obama into office.
so if:
1) you voted Obama
2) didn't vote
3) Didn't run as opposition.
You are by definition responsible for your weak and useless government.

And for the sake of fairness my country seems pretty spineless too.
edit on 3-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What do you guys make of this -

22:25: Poland has invoked Article 4 of Nato's founding treaty, under which consultations can be requested when an ally feels their security is threatened. Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski has said that while the Ukraine crisis is not a direct threat to Poland and that the country is safe, Poland wants to enlist Nato as a tool to work for stabilisation in Ukraine.

BBC

This seems to complicate things does it not? Poland is a member of NATO..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
NATO forces need to be there.
The world cannot sit by and allow Putin to do this.
If we allow this then where will it stop and will it stop.
Putin has been testing for some time, we need to stand firm and do whatever possible to stop him invading further.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If I were leader of Ukraine I would preemptively launch anything and everything I got available in effort to sink every Russian black sea fleet vessel floating to bloody Putin's nose while they still can. If they wait they wont have even a slight chance. If your Ukraine, right now is the only chance to use your Air Force and one attack sub to sink as much of that fleet as possible.

They have 250 something jets. Surely some of them could sink the larger Russian flag ships out there if done quickly in mass.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Erm, did you see my post at the top of the page...

RT News.....Crimea Air Force base sides with local authorities
45 mig29 fighter jets and 800 servicemen at the base

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Well that leaves 200 other aircraft and some 200 attack helicopters. I guess if all Ukraine military are traitors then my point is useless. If those traitors think Putin will trust them after the war is over they should think twice. Once your a traitor your a traitor.

Putin wont trust them nor should he.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Xeven
reply to post by angelchemuel

Well that leaves 200 other aircraft and some 200 attack helicopters. I guess if all Ukraine military are traitors then my point is useless. If those traitors think Putin will trust them after the war is over they should think twice. Once your a traitor your a traitor.

Putin wont trust them nor should he.

Why do you think so? They are Russians. Do you expect them to fight against Russia?
Why shouldn't Putin trust them if he is counting on them in the first place?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

stargatetravels
NATO forces need to be there.
The world cannot sit by and allow Putin to do this.
If we allow this then where will it stop and will it stop.
Putin has been testing for some time, we need to stand firm and do whatever possible to stop him invading further.

Be careful in sending the NATO.

Right wing and Fascist agenda is on rise in Ukraine.

25% of US army is Black. Expect lots of friendly fire in all the directions.

Also do not expect Slavic nations like Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria to be of much help.

2218 GMT: Churkin now says that millions of Ukrainians support Hitler, and would return to Hitler’s ways, and this is the reason why Russia needs to intervene, like Reagan did in Grenada, to protect ethnic Russians.
edit on 3-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Wow...is that from your earlier BBC link?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Soooo any updates ?

When I try to find out when this is in PST it's either yesterday 7am, or like tomorrow 7am????

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It was supposed to occur 2 hours ago now, but nothing reported yet. Makes you wonder how much of this "tension" is being manufactured.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

camaro68ss
i bet you North Korea and china are taking note. They see Obama cowering in the corner. I think North Korea and China have the perfect opportunity to start taking some land by force know Obama won’t do anything.
edit on 3-3-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

This situation has nothing to do with a "weak, cowering Obama". The problem with our leaders is NOT that they don't go to war at the drop of the hat. Maybe you haven't noticed but all our government does is war.

No, the problem is twofold:
1. Our "leaders" are bought servants of mega-corporate interests, and that means you probably don't understand their motives, because you are looking at it all wrong.
2. In a big way, our "leaders" are dumb, and still think of the world in terms of 1950. Well, I got news for them. They aren't keeping up with reality, and our country is suffering for it.
edit on 4-3-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Way to go Ukraine! Feeling silly much this morning?
The winner of this round is.........RUSSIA

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 4-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Russia has withdrawn some of their forces that were practising back to their bases?

De-escalation?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nothing will come of this, people are over reacting,

The majority of the Ukrainian forces sent to Crimea have defected,

NATO no longer has legitimacy, there is no enemy left to fight,

Europe just wants this to look illegitimate, however when the army defects, then you loose all legitimacy, unless NATO/EU declares war on Ukraine, and in said scenario, who the frack are we saving?

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

Who cares, it isn't the US's battle, why do they stick their nose into it? That all used to be Russia, it's their deal, not ours. If we wanted to have a little battle with Texas for separating the USA in the future, would Russia be over here? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Wookiep
What do you guys make of this -

22:25: Poland has invoked Article 4 of Nato's founding treaty, under which consultations can be requested when an ally feels their security is threatened. Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski has said that while the Ukraine crisis is not a direct threat to Poland and that the country is safe, Poland wants to enlist Nato as a tool to work for stabilisation in Ukraine.

BBC

This seems to complicate things does it not? Poland is a member of NATO..

They are afraid of what happened in the 40's happening again to them or another country perhaps.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join