It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian military gives Ukrainian forces until 03:00 GMT to surrender or face an assault

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

So now the Russians have joined Israel and the US in spouting the "red line" ultimatum. Don't these politicians have good advisors telling them to "watch your ego, boss?"

I would say that Putin has pushed his image a bit too far, and given the history of the Russians, from way back, they might not have sense enough to ease off.

(Many of you young people see countries such as Russia and China on the same level of values as does the Western world, but that simply is not the case here, or was it ever, and I won't be debating the issue.)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Big difference here. When Putin draws a Red Line, he means it.

Many of you young people see countries such as Russia and China on the same level of values as does the Western world, but that simply is not the case here, or was it ever, and I won't be debating the issue.)

Big star for that. I have tried telling people China and Russia are not our friends. Most people think China would never stop exporting goods to the USA as they make two much money selling us crap. They also do not understand the "Long Game" near as well as China or Russia. I see a one two punch coming for the USA.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The news report now states

"The head of Russia's Black Sea Fleet Aleksander Vitko set the deadline and threatened an attack "across Crimea".

He also reportedly told two warships to surrender or be attacked at 17:00 GMT on Monday."

So in two minuets then? I doubt anything will happen but this is getting very hot now!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

jtma508
Commented in one of the myriad of Ukraine threads but it fits here as well... I keep reading comments about how Obama has no nads and hasn't 'done anything', Obama needs to 'do' something, the U.S. is just rolling over, etc. So what exactly do all you parental basement dwelling, armchair generals suggest we do? Should we bomb Russia? Send troops to the Ukraine? A naval confrontation? What exactly? Is there anything that you can conjure-up that would cause Putin to back down? Cause I, for one, would love to hear it. I can think of any number of things that would make a dangerous and bad situation exceedingly worse and cost the U.S. in every sense of the word but am at a loss to find an upside move. So, I'd love to hear yours. By the comments I've read you clearly must have a plan.

S&F to you for your good comment. Because there is NOTHING the USA/NATO can do short of a full war. The USA/NATO can only do "Something" when the opponent is a little schoolboy with no nukes and his pants down. That is MAD as its finest. And I underline again it has nothing to do with the Ukraine but an IMF attempt to bring the remaining Europe/Asia under its control, - which is mainly Russia and China.
I am much more concerned as to what China will do. People often compare Russia with the Bear and China with a Tiger. Well bears growl when they eat you for lunch, tigers burp AFTER they have eaten you.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Russian Defense Ministry dismisses Ukraine ultimatum reports as ‘total nonsense’
rt.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

MessageforAll
Russian Defense Ministry dismisses Ukraine ultimatum reports as ‘total nonsense’
rt.com...

Wouldn't be the first time the head doesn't know what the hands are doing.....But im still convinced Russia doesn't want to be the acvtive agressor in all this, for them this is still a policing action, not an invasion.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

MessageforAll
rt.com...

Best news I have heard this morning. A shooting war between Ukrainians and Russia is a very scary scenario.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

MessageforAll
rt.com...

edit on 3-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Aye, it's like someone else said, you gotta hand it to the Russians, they secured almost all of Crimea's strategic points without firing one bullet.

I think unless some outside provocations are made Russia will just let them set up shop, so that those radical right wings don't get any crazy idea's in their head.

Btw the new government in Kiev appointed 2 members of extreme right parties to be defense something something.
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Guenter
Well bears growl when they eat you for lunch, tigers burp AFTER they have eaten you.

And Uncle Sam farts when he shoots and eats said animals.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ukraine forces have no other choice.
No other choice except to blow up Russias Gas PIPELINES
BLOW THEM TO PIECES AND TELL MOTHER RUSSIA GO SUCK AN EGG

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

MessageforAll
rt.com...

But the "Ultimatum" was reported by the ohh so "reliable" and "unbiased BBC"

Maybe this will help a bit: Neo-Nazis

And this: Neo-Nazis-2

Good read since so many compare Putin's actions to "Hitler's Annexations". So much for USA/NATO "Moral High Ground."

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
IMO we will see Crimea broken off from the Ukraine and become a territory of Russia. I am most curious what will happen to all of Russia's pipelines that do not flow to Crimea though. I imagine that there will be attacks on them should Crimea break away.

In my humble opinion if the majority of Crimea wants to be Russian, let them be Russian. Those that don't can move into the empty homes from those in the Ukraine that wish to move to Russian Crimea.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

jtma508
So what exactly do all you parental basement dwelling, armchair generals suggest we do?

Economic sanctions .... Have Russia blackballed from the G-8 and the G-20.
Get the European Union involved. They can get their energy from other sources.
The UN is in New York, we can put a freeze on any Russian 'diplomats' being able to go through NYC airports.
Those are the kinds of things a POTUS can do ... and SHOULD be doing.

Oh ... and I do not live with my mother, nor in the basement.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is getting abit confusing... and makes you ask some serous questions.

17:18: Interfax-Russia news agency is now quoting a spokesman for the Russian Black Sea Fleet denying reports about an ultimatum being issued to the Ukrainian troops in Crimea. "This is nonsense", a spokesman said. "We are getting used to daily reports accusing us of preparing to military action against our Ukrainian colleagues. We will not be pushed towards a head-on confrontation."

Mind you this is coming from BBC.
www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It doesn't matter what plans we civilians come up with. The way I understand it is the US has signed a treaty promising to defend Ukraine in exchange for their nuclear disarming. Doesn't that require military action?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Guenter

MessageforAll
rt.com...

But the "Ultimatum" was reported by the ohh so "reliable" and "unbiased BBC"

Maybe this will help a bit: Neo-Nazis

And this: Neo-Nazis-2

Good read since so many compare Putin's actions to "Hitler's Annexations". So much for USA/NATO "Moral High Ground."

Good links
Starred for those. For what it is worth the USA has a long history with Nazi's. People forget that Hitler was funded by families like the Rockefeller's. They sold Nazi Germany most of it's fuel in WW2. Our Countries oldest families are rooted in racism and Nazi principals.

Economic sanctions .... Have Russia blackballed from the G-8 and the G-20.

Already happening. The G8 is calling themselves G7 this morning and all have pulled out fo the G8 summit in Sochi.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

SLAYER69

MessageforAll
rt.com...

edit on 3-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

A kitty limo! This is what He-Man rode to his prom.

As far as the rest of this mess goes, I actually kind of expect a pretty large-scale conflict here. I think the uppity-uppers realize that we are finally sick of conflicts in the middle east so they need to orchestrate a more palatable money scheme for the war profiteers. Even I'm a bit tricked by this and finding myself hoping we'll intervene. Then I slap myself and tell me to shut up and read a book.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by andy1972

Aye, it's like someone else said, you gotta hand it to the Russians, they secured almost all of Crimea's strategic points without firing one bullet.

I think unless some outside provocations are made Russia will just let them set up shop, so that those radical right wings don't get any crazy idea's in their head.

Btw the new government in Kiev appointed 2 members of extreme right parties to be defense something something.
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

And thats exactly what i think all this deadline deadline deadline business is about..someone wants the Ukraines nervous, very nervous so with a bit of luck someone lets off a shot, and the dance begins..and i dont think it's the Russians.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lol this is starting to feel like the sum of all fears,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join