It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Deaths Up 1000% in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
302 people died from H1N1 swine flu this year in California so far, compared to 34 deaths last year - and all were under the age of 65. Flu usually kills people with vulnerable immune systems (infants and the elderly), but this flu is one of the ones that hijacks strong immune systems, and causes cytokine storms that kill the young and healthy. ...We haven't been hearing much about the H1N1 epidemic in the USA because the mainstream media is focusing on China's bird flus, saying China's backyard Mom-and-Pop livestock production causes more disease than overcrowded industrial livestock production - it's all about helping global corporate interests take over China's poultry and pork industries. Obviously, it wouldn't help the corporate agenda to acknowledge the swine flu epidemic here at home, especially given it's well-known this strain was bred in US hog production factory farms.

Flu deaths increase nearly 10 times in California

…a total of 302 patients under the age of 65 have so far succumbed to flu this year. Last year, 34 deaths resulting from flu had been reported by this time.
…The influenza flu strain H1N1, which is more severe and widespread among people aged between 25 and 64 years old, isn't just causing deaths in California. Its ruthless impact has been seen nationwide.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

So...you are saying we are fed a very slanted version of the news on these situations because some powerful industrial influences upon the whole of media reporting wants us to not know the "truth," a divisive false flag operation?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

lol. Yep. Business as usual.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

When I had the flu with accompanying cytokine storm that lasted 4 months! and nearly killed me, it was finally brought under control by taking N-acetylcysteine and vitamin D3. Colloidal silver, oregano, and all my other home treatments didn't touch it. Just throwing it out there for anyone who might need to know it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hydrate, vitamin C, hydrate, vitamin C, rinse, repeat.

A few years ago a woman married to the best friend of an in-law died of the flu - one of those one day healthy, next day dead type of progressions. If caught, work it early and the key to much of the hydration is to actually do it even when you feel so tired that you can't move or get off the bed. You have to make yourself move in that case.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I share your concern that viral infections are threatening. This year is worse than I recall in recent memory.

I can tell you enterovirus 16 (Hand-foot-mouth)is stronger than I am. Fortunately for me, it is self-limiting. It took what it wanted and left. They should call it hangover, hotfoot, throat torch.

Polio is a enterovirus, as is the likely cause of recent cases of paralysis in California children, enterovirus 71.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

They should call it hangover, hotfoot, throat torch.

That's one of the things I was getting at. The body screams at the person to drink water when these things hit...and that's what "throat torch" is. Hydrate until it goes away, and in most of the serious flu that means that within next couple of minutes the body wants more. The almost-criminal act of giving people "cough drops" or cough medicine to mask the symptom of "give me water!" (they mask them by numbing the throat) should, imnho, never be used, and let the body dictate how much water it needs.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My wives Aunt is currently in ICU, my wife has flown down to California just incase.

Shes in her early 50's, they put her in a Coma and Iced her down to see if they can bring down the fever.

Lung issues as well, all related apparently to the flu.

She was sick for like two weeks and couldn't shake it, next thing we know ICU.

They are giving her 20% chance of waking up again, and have talked to the family about disconnecting support.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry for this situation. But a 20 percent chance of getting out of it (and who's determining those odds?) and they want to pull the plug? Sounds like standard operating procedure of moving people in and out of the place. A one in five chance, if accurate, is pretty high, not unplugworthy. Maybe you can talk to them, because the doctors (who know best, ha!) and hospital will be trying to get them to give up.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

NAC settles the body. It can also be used to control epilepsy. It works by helping to protect the cells. I keep some pills around but just eat my homemade chicken soup which actually contains some NAC from an article I have read that was written by a researcher. This chemistry is a big part of the way I control my TLE. My daughter calls when the kids are sick and I make them a big pot of this. It also settles the kids hyperactivity. She just can't get the recipe right. Hers tastes good but doesn't taste medicinal.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I didn't see anything in that article addresses the percentage of the people who died who were vaccinated. I guess the fact that it was not mentioned means something.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I had a friend die from the flu this year. He was 33. He told his dad if he didnt feel better by the next day he'd go to the hospital. Around 3 in the morning he called his dad saying he was having trouble breathing. By the time his dad made it to his house he had passed.

I live in a fairly small city. I knew him and then had a friend of a friend die that was in their early 50s. Then a 31 year old woman in a nearby county also dies.

All of h1n1. The 31 year old woman had gotten a vaccine for that specifically.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I caught that 2 years ago. I didnt go to the doctor because there is nothing thwy can do for hand foot and mouth. My mom caught it from me despite my self imposed quarantine. She went to the doctor because he didnt believe my self diagnosis, but of course he just googled and agreed.

Apparently its unusual in adults. I dont know where I caught it. Im never around kids and worked at home. Very strange. It was horrible. I went through like 3 bottles of kanka. Numbing my mouth and throat and staying hydrated.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Haha.. well I think they meant throat torch because hand foot and mouth fills your throat with blisters. You get blisters on your palms, soles, and throat and mouth.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A 28 year old friend of mine was fairly recently diagnosed with H1N1, put in a coma, and given a trach tube and chest tube. She lost her baby, started to get better and make progress, then suddenly died one morning. She was in the hosipital for 2-3 weeks.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Same thing happened to my cuz's girlfriend except she also got internal MRSA from the lung tissue work, geez!!
Heads up to those in hospitals, although I am sure these days we have to sign a waiver of relinquishing liability regarding contraction of such bugs.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
While it's true that there have been more than 10 times more deaths this year than last year and something to watch...

It's hardly an Epidemic with only 302 deaths.

EPIDEMIC: affecting or tending to affect a disproportionately large number of individuals within a population, community, or region at the same time.

With California having a population of 38,332,521 and 302 deaths = no epidemic.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

rickymouse
I didn't see anything in that article addresses the percentage of the people who died who were vaccinated. I guess the fact that it was not mentioned means something.

Even if you get vaccinated, it might not be the strain in the shot and even then it's only about 60% protection from getting it at best.

I got the shot this year (which I normally don't do) because I had a nasty case of bronchitis which combined with smoke from the wildfires to really aggravate my asthma, and I felt it might be wise not to immediately pull down the flu on top of it if I could avoid it.

I got the fly anyhow, but later on in the year. But, I know going in the shot was a crapshoot and imperfect which is why I usually don't get it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Well the hand-foot stuff he's talking about is different, but I know my favorite soar throat remedy is to just pour tons of hot tea down it. I just wish I could derive more benefit beyond just the immediate relief of the warm liquid.

Some of my favs are Earl Grey and Bigelow Plantation Mint for caffeine and plain old Chamomile and Stash Licorice Spice for non-caffeinated.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

EPIDEMIC: affecting or tending to affect a disproportionately large number of individuals within a population, community, or region at the same time.

Yes, epidemics are defined by their infection rates, not their death rates. And yes, H1N1 infection rates are high enough this year that some are calling it epidemic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join