It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke has been outspoken on the issue of gun rights before. Appearing on the now defunct Piers Morgan show to debate the issue. In light of news coming out of Connecticut and the democrat proposed gun confiscation bill in Missouri the good sheriff is now voicing what many gun owners fear would be the result of state heavy handed policies toward law abiding gun owners.

The Examiner(Video)

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke warned of a second American revolution if gun control and gun confiscation passed and said he would not enforce laws requiring confiscation in his county while speaking with Alex Jones, Infowars reported Tuesday.

“First of all, to me that would be an act of tyranny," he said of the gun control measures currently under consideration. "So the people in Milwaukee County do not have to worry about me enforcing some sort of order that goes out and collects everybody’s handgun, or rifles, or any kind of firearm and makes them turn them in.”

My message to the gun grabbers is this:

Stop kicking the hornet's nest.
edit on pMon, 03 Mar 2014 10:06:59 -060020143America/Chicago2014-03-03T10:06:59-06:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: Edited to add source link.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My message to the gun grabbers is this: Stop kicking the hornet's n

Good advice,
But I think that it is their goal to incite violence to get firearms confiscated as an emergency measure.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

And what are gonna the people do against a military with jet fighter, missiles, force fields, microwave non-lethal weapons, drones, DUMBS, aircraft carriers, worldwide bases, and nuclear bombs?

Violence doesn't solve violence - it only extends it.

And, besides, am I the only one to deduce that maybe all this pro-revolution stuff is being pushed by Russia and/or China?

Hint: Snowden and Wikileaks met in Russia and in China. Another hint: the USA and China have unfinished business.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If they're already proposing the bans, and the fight is based on the enforcement of bans, then the continued policy to ban firearms is only going to create a much bigger conflict.

I know they want bloodshed. They are willing to send in the goons to do it too as we have heard them say in other stories, especially out of Connecticut, and covered here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

projectvxn

My message to the gun grabbers is this:

Stop kicking the hornet's nest.

NO!!! I saw let them kick away.

They have truly waken the sleeping giant, provoked him for years and now may see the full force of what their bullying will bring down on them.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

That is assuming most of the military would even involve themselves in this to begin with.

Keep in mind that right now you're talking to an active duty soldier.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

swanne

And what are gonna the people do against a military with jet fighter, missiles, force fields, microwave non-lethal weapons, drones, DUMBS, aircraft carriers, worldwide bases, and nuclear bombs?

You're absolutely right. Violence begets more violence.
That's what happens when victims fight back.
Feel free to surrender yourself to the will and whim of others, that is your right.
Some of us will exercise our right to self-preservation should worse come to worse.
No point in making crime easy for those who would victimize others, that only encourages them.

win or lose doesn't matter, what matters is that we follow our conscience and do our best with what we have regardless of the odds.
Having principles means taking a stand if necessary.
Thermopolyae anyone?
edit on 3-3-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

If 16 year old kids can hack their way into network systems like Target, Iranians can overtake a drone and Snowden can extract millions of classified documents, I am pretty sure people resisting can counter most of those items.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
2nd Revolution eh?

Ill bet on the side with 700Billion military budget.

Seriously is anyone going to take action? I see lot of Huff ad puff, but even those people know its impossible, the government is too big to handle. Thanks to you of course.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If the military won't harm the people, then why are people revolting against the military? Who is telling the people that the military is all bad and won't hesitate to murder all american citizens?

I have the answer: people are being fed Karl Marx's out-dated ideas.

The USA might have dirty closets, but the way I see it, revolution would be trading a lesser evil for a much greater evil.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Any kind of people's revolt would result in the declaration of martial law.Which is probably the government end game.Also easier to play to a captive audience...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

So the people will be getting help from Iran. I think you just nailed it, mate.

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sorry if I sound a bit blunt, but you Americans have such a low tolerance. You think USA is a dictatorship? You don't even know what a true dictatorship is like. A bunch of "whistleblowers" tells you who to hate, and all you can do is obey, but you never investigate. You talk about being a victim. When was the last time that you got imprisoned for speaking your mind on ATS?

The USA is breaking parts of a 300-year old constitution (which doesn't take into account modern politics, such as MAD, terrorism, ideological wars, mafia) so to protect the rest of the constitution, but all her people can do is whine without even investigating first.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have a totally different theory.

They are never going to take the guns. They are never going to try to take the guns. It's logistically impossible.

What they might do is let people to believe they are going to take the guns. Then when they don't, people can cheer and say 'Well we sure stopped them' and go on thinking they've won something.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

If the military won't harm the people, then why are people revolting against the military? Who is telling the people that the military is all bad and won't hesitate to murder all american citizens?

I don't know who is telling people that. But if you believe that garbage then I have a beach front property in Nevada I'd like to sell you.

The USA might have dirty closets, but the way I see it, revolution would be trading a lesser evil for a much greater evil.

I don't purport to know the outcomes. I only hope that it doesn't come down to it at all.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Is your purpose in this thread to diminish the concerns of Americans?

I do not understand the obtuse stance you are taking here.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

projectvxn
I don't purport to know the outcomes. I only hope that it doesn't come down to it at all.

I would agree. History shows us what is the outcome.

Mao Zedong's revolution

Stalin's revolution

The Reign of Terror (french revolution)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

You would have been known as a Loyalist during the American Revolution.

After it was over, they fled to Canada.

edit on bu312014-03-03T09:41:53-06:0009America/ChicagoMon, 03 Mar 2014 09:41:53 -06009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Hey, that's actually not a bad theory. If the then-admnistartion plays its card right, it could even give such administration a good look: "Administration 1 wanted to take the guns, but Administration 2 helped us save the day".

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Pakistan[edit]Main article: Gun politics in Pakistan
Pakistan has relatively liberal firearm laws compared to the rest of South Asia. In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Pakistan ranks in 6th place.[citation needed] Gun culture is strong among Pakistanis and traditionally important part of rural and urban life.
en.wikipedia.org...

what's dummer then bringing a gun to a drone fight?
PAYING TO DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE WHILE THINKIN IT WON'T BE DONE TO YOU

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why is it that there is a certain very visible, very vocal segment of society that is essentially obsessed with the 2nd amendment and relatively neutral about the rest of the Bill of Rights --and for that matter the whole US Constitution? These folks can drill multiple layers deep in arguments about the 2nd amendment but can't even name the others or coherently state a position on the current state of the 4th and 1st amendment. They might even want to trash some amendments they don't like, such as the 14th. So at the end of the day, the 2nd amendment is holy, but if some hippie gets the dung kicked out of them at a protest they laugh like it's a joke.

Without getting into a Constitutional debate here, it's become clear to me over the years that certain people are simply gun "fetishists" and the second amendment is a facilitator for their addiction. It's a ruse if you ask me. You didn't ask of course, so let the derision begin. I don't care.

The fascination with guns is understandable, if you look at how children grow up watching TV and movies in the US. I believe this gun-love must be the result of some kind of corporate marketing initiative, similar to an unhealthy fascination with video games, an addition to daytime drama shows, spending all your money on toy trains etc. People are way too emotionally connected with these things.

Take this one step. For two weeks, don't touch a gun, don't look at youtube videos about destroying things with guns. Don't watch any TV show or movie with a gun in it. No first person shooter games. Maybe use the time to learn about the rest of the Bill of Rights?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join