It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Error 2803 help??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good Morning,

I have an issue. I keep getting an Error 2803 message. It's driving me insane. I have downloaded CCleaner, adware cleaners, I really can't spend any more money trying to fix this. Could anyone lay out simple instructions as to how to fix this? I am not very computer savy so any help would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have windows xp by the way.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Veryophelia

In CCleaner there is a registry repair, try that one, it should hopefully fix it.

edit on 3-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Where are you seeing the error? Is it a blue screen crash or a grey popup window?

As for the error it's corrupted/damaged system files. A system restore to an earlier point should clear it up.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Save your important information on a thumb drive and use your restore disks to reload your system. It will be effectively like brand new. Just be sure to load the virus protection BEFORE you restore your backed up files. That way, you don't re-infect your system. If you make a practice to back up your files in this way, you will never have bad problems that cannot be fixed with a few keystrokes. (most PC's have a recovery partition and a way to reload with a few keystrokes and not need the restore disks.)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We need more info before being able to jump to any conclusions that it is virus related.

Like someone asked earlier, where are you seeing this alert during a blue screen of your machine or some other scenario?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Its an "ERROR' not something needing to be cleaned or scan. Its a file..that is in some kind of ERROR.

Restore your computer back a month or so. At least to aprox the time BEFORE you noticed the file ERROR.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This error began showing after a java update. It's when I have tried to download a printer for work, thus it won't complete installation. I also have the issue that my computer will not restore. I went from having a healthy pc to having several virus's after the update

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join