It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greenland anomaly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't know about the black strip but artifacts don't have well defined edges.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Look I can not give coordinates as I no longer had that version but when I first downloaded Google earth,
About three or four years or so ago I went on a virtual tour de force of all the area's where I thought "well what if there was a civilisation in the past and any part of hapgood's theory is in any way correct or the axis have shifted a different climate may once have prevailed there in the very distant past and today we are not there so there may still be something there since we have not been there to rob it out" if you cath my vein of thought on that matter.
Well I was looking at the area of the alaska and north canada nearest to the bearing straits and down along the arctic coast, in the hinterland among the tundra pocked and swampy terrain I found a set of very feint grid like patterns very similar to the layout of a block based city such as los angeles or a larger manhatten, of course this was all green except for the feint lines and I found several other features I was distinctively looking for such as streight continuous lines - sometimes broken and possibly analogous to train track's or road's.
Now of course there was a extremely heavy presence in that region during the cold war as the US had to have asset's in case of a soviet attempt to use that area to bring land based forces onto the continent of north America but that period past relatively quickly with the advent of ICBM's and submarine launch system's.
When I upgraded? (more like a downgrade in some respects) to a later version of google earth these feint patterns were no longer there as indeed were several other markers of interest.
Now a well tried and proven method from ww2 used in britain and north africa to fool the germans was fake tanks and fake army camps which were designed so that the tactical planners on the other side would get there logistical analysis wrong and this may simply have been the trace's of a similar cold war initiative I detected here, but why was it removed from the later version of google and why make a city grid and an all green and overgrown one near a frozen bay on the arctic coast as I have never heard of a genuinely city sized army base (very large town sized yes and in russia maybe a few army bases were near city sized but no where near this huge set of straight grid ghost road's which formed intricate tight dense grids and what looked like street patterns but of course all green and under a surface spagnen layers and sunk into the tundra).
Now take my word for this or don't but I am simply telling you what I found before that part was cencored.

edit on 4-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I learned the way you guys find out about things through the internet. I followed some discussions about it and checked out about a guy who wanted to do a fly over but my opinion was that there is nothing like boots on the ground. The thing with all things new is that you have one crowd who is interested and then you have another who is just skeptic. The skeptics want to dismiss it altogether as a conspiracy theory as if there never were any conspiracies but we know that there are conspiracies because our own government has conspired. In my mind 9/11 was a conspiracy but in the mind of a skeptic it never happened. If I take a two hundred pound dumb bell and throw it of a distance equal to the twin towers it would take twelve seconds to reach the ground. The building came down in four point eight seconds. Not possible unless plastic explosives where used. They turn concrete ,glass and metal into a plasma and the vacuum created by the explosion pulled the building down. But this does not count as proof to skeptics they are disinformation agents from a different planet or something like that. When scientific proof is no longer able to prove anything. So stick to the subject matter because if you want proof you probably wont accept it either. I have seen UFO but I cannot prove it. In terms of paranormal phenomena nothing is provable. So it doesn't exist right?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

allthings2allmen If I take a two hundred pound dumb bell and throw it of a distance equal to the twin towers it would take twelve seconds to reach the ground.

garbage, it would take 9.22seconds.
www.911myths.com...

The building came down in four point eight seconds.

Which building?

Not possible unless plastic explosives where used. They turn concrete ,glass and metal into a plasma and the vacuum created by the explosion pulled the building down.

garbage, you obviously have never used plastic explosives, nor seen the result after they have been used.

So stick to the subject matter

You are the one babbling about the WTC and plastic explosives in a thread on Greenland, how about you stick to the topic?

because if you want proof you probably wont accept it either.

Well, you seem to be unable to offer proof to your claim

There is an old air field from the cold war era that makes it a no fly over zone.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

PhilWhaley71
I don't know about the black strip but artifacts don't have well defined edges.

I suggest you learn how satellite images are taken in LONG STRIPS if 2 adjacent strips are not joined correctly you would have a nice straight edge!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

allthings2allmen
reply to post by hellobruce

I learned the way you guys find out about things through the internet. I followed some discussions about it and checked out about a guy who wanted to do a fly over but my opinion was that there is nothing like boots on the ground. The thing with all things new is that you have one crowd who is interested and then you have another who is just skeptic. The skeptics want to dismiss it altogether as a conspiracy theory as if there never were any conspiracies but we know that there are conspiracies because our own government has conspired. In my mind 9/11 was a conspiracy but in the mind of a skeptic it never happened. If I take a two hundred pound dumb bell and throw it of a distance equal to the twin towers it would take twelve seconds to reach the ground. The building came down in four point eight seconds. Not possible unless plastic explosives where used. They turn concrete ,glass and metal into a plasma and the vacuum created by the explosion pulled the building down. But this does not count as proof to skeptics they are disinformation agents from a different planet or something like that. When scientific proof is no longer able to prove anything. So stick to the subject matter because if you want proof you probably wont accept it either. I have seen UFO but I cannot prove it. In terms of paranormal phenomena nothing is provable. So it doesn't exist right?

Typical conspiracy theorist reply change the subject usually 9/11 on here what building came down in 4.8 seconds

Obviously PHYSICS & BUILDING construction are like black magic to you !

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

People have posted proof along with links telling you what this is but you have not even bothered to address them instead you have posted a tale with no proof that just reads like bad sci fi.
Then you have a mini rant about 9/11???? wth dude?.
Anyhow moving on.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

but a black one...or at least a fuzzy blurred one like those on Google Moon...those are apparently stitching artifacts.

But this has a rusty coloring to it...uncomparable to anything in the vicinity.

So how do you get brown rusty color on completely white background with stitching different white pics ?

these...are not image artifacts.

pic

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I have seen UFO but I cannot prove it.

Based on this post I am replying to

I can easily believe you saw something in the sky you couldn't identify.

Is this a chemtrail thread, 9/11 always gets brought up and how skeptics probably believe the official story.

I followed some discussions about it and checked out about a guy who wanted to do a fly over but my opinion was that there is nothing like boots on the ground.

So the no fly zone is just a bit imagination on your part?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I take it you didn't bother looking at the other posts on page one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From another site that looked at the object in picture above.

Closeup of the mysterious object in question. Here were can see that this object is simply a glimpse (in color) of the landscape below. A false color yellow band is visible along the top edge of the orange area, and can occur during image overlap. This image segment may have been imaged by a different satellite on a cloudless day, or imaged on a different day or perhaps even a different year

Image artifacts.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

but a black one...or at least a fuzzy blurred one like those on Google Moon...those are apparently stitching artifacts.

But this has a rusty coloring to it...uncomparable to anything in the vicinity.

So how do you get brown rusty color on completely white background with stitching different white pics ?

these...are not image artifacts.

pic

And it appear like something solid and elevated... not a flat area and so, not an image artifact...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They are image artifacts.

Why oh why do people keep commenting on these "anomalies"?

Answer: because they won't take an hour or two to read up on how satellite imagery mosaics are put together, but would rather believe YouTube videos with spooky music speculating that there are perfect black rectangles and orange thingies many kilometres long in Greenland.

I've just spent literally 5 minutes scrolling round Greenland in Google Maps and found loads of "anomalies". Should I get on YouTube now?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

What version of Google Earth are you using?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I did take the two hours to study image artifacts. But what baffles me even more is how some people are dedicated to just ask for proof when all they really want is to discredit the proof when you labor to give it to them. It is as if they were disinformation agents. Cruising all the internet to tell everybody there are no UFO, aliens, conspiracies, mysteries or anything that cannot be proven. They are twice as dedicated to their mission as those working to uncover mysteries. It is as if they were paid to do so and if they fail they will lose their jobs. Now that is a mystery. It is as if there are two types of people on earth and they are different species those who are for secrets to remain secrets and those who are against secrets remaining secrets. Proof? Just read this thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

When I was a kid I loved conspiracy theories, mysteries etc etc. I must have got every book related to that stuff out of the local library (this was pre-WWW, of course!) and read them cover to cover.

And I'm sure that there are cover-ups out there. But if you start seeing EVERYTHING you can't immediately explain as some big conspiracy then you are never going to get anywhere! Posting things that are clearly just image artifacts as if they were some hidden mystery just discredits anyone who is trying to find real mysteries.

Look at my pictures a few posts back. Five "anomalies" found in as many minutes from a quick cruise around Google Maps. They're everywhere, and an unavoidable symptom of how the images are collected and assembled.

Don't you find it more satisfying to be able to say "Ah ha, I figured out what it is!" rather than "What are they hiding from me?"

A quote that springs to mind, I can't remember who said it: "I'll take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day"...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

allthings2allmen

I did take the two hours to study image artifacts. But what baffles me even more is how some people are dedicated to just ask for proof when all they really want is to discredit the proof when you labor to give it to them. It is as if they were disinformation agents. Cruising all the internet to tell everybody there are no UFO, aliens, conspiracies, mysteries or anything that cannot be proven. They are twice as dedicated to their mission as those working to uncover mysteries. It is as if they were paid to do so and if they fail they will lose their jobs. Now that is a mystery. It is as if there are two types of people on earth and they are different species those who are for secrets to remain secrets and those who are against secrets remaining secrets. Proof? Just read this thread.

2 hours WOW such dedication, myself 30+ years of TAKING and WORKING with images from manual SLR's and working in a darkroom to now with a DSLR and photoshop etc.

Please remember the motto here DENY IGNORANCE may be you should look at my signature for 2 good pieces of advice

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What I mean is that I studied what was offered for learning on that particular anomaly. I would be glad to have access to more learning materials especially with somebody who has thirty years of experience on the subject. Please leave a link to your research. I shall study it for however long it takes. Thank you in advance. I was looking at the baltic sea anomaly the other day and now am interested in more about it. Another thing is those low frequency voltage antennae that have been found in Alaska that supposedly transmit signals that are supposed to make us docile and dumb. Any information would be much appreciated.
edit on 5-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

What I mean is that I studied what was offered for learning on that particular anomaly. I would be glad to have access to more learning materials especially with somebody who has thirty years of experience on the subject. Please leave a link to your research. I shall study it for however long it takes. Thank you in advance. I was looking at the baltic sea anomaly the other day and now am interested in more about it. Another thing is those low frequency voltage antennae that have been found in Alaska that supposedly transmit signals that are supposed to make us docile and dumb. Any information would be much appreciated.
edit on 5-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: spelling

I suggest you re read my post

wmd_2008
myself 30+ years of TAKING and WORKING with images from manual SLR's and working in a darkroom to now with a DSLR and photoshop etc.

There are a lot of photographers on here we tend to look at images with a bit more knowledge of how they are taken and used etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The images and videos have been deleted so that I cannot view them here in Japan . But usually if the government is involved in deleting pictures it means they do not want them to be seen. This is where the internet serves it's purpose to overcome censure and information control and disseminate information freely. So if you get information post it, store it, spread it so that control becomes to elaborate a job. National security? Hmmmm! I already have one goon on my case on this board and another trying to engage me as well. Have any of you been targeted for the special treatment as well?
edit on 7-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join