It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greenland anomaly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Does anybody have any comments about the Greenland anomaly. Apparently it is a fifty mile long geometrical shape that has appeared on satellite photos from space. Some have speculated that it has been buried there for hundreds of thousand of years and that because of the melting of the ice has become visible on the surface. It is a megalopolis size object. There is an old air field from the cold war era that makes it a no fly over zone. However a sled dog expedition could make it from the coast to there and back in a couple of weeks. I used to have a greenland sled dog and I know that they can do it without any ground support.
edit on 3-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

Here's a thread on it (from the search engine) but I haven't looked at it as yet. Is this the one you're talking about? First I've heard of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

According to this site it is image artefacts and such..goes into detail about it.

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Does anybody have any comments about the Greenland anomaly.

I am sure many would,

care to provide some links?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Looks to me like it's an unfortunate image mosaic in Google Earth. Keep in mind that this is close to the North Pole and GPS is tricky there. But it is indeed intriguing. All the youtube links in the first couple posts in this thread are deprecated or removed. Hm.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
intriguing, first I had heard about this. Maybe some kind of a Viking ship perhaps?????

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
edit: I can't link a specific spot on GE?

Sermersooq
Greenland
69.429567, -28.800730

edit on 3-3-2014 by DeadGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I make alot of mosaics and I can confirm that this is just a mosaic artifact, as other posters already observed.

Pictures without sun are sometime paste beside picture with sun and you get this:

And sometimes the mosaic lacks any picture, so you get a dark square:

Nice OP, though. I wasn't even aware that Greenland even had such thing. And then we're supposed to believe them when they tell us they can spy anything, anywhere. They can't even get Greenland right, without no artifacts...

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

There were claim's it was a photo anomoly but after the furure errupted about it on the net Google next version not only did not have it but also like part's of antarctica had virtually no detail at all,.
The claims were that it was an image artifact but the detail in the object would suggest something with a coppery or bronze colour that was huge and due to melt water making the ice more tranparrent it became visible but is deep under the ice, if it is an artifact it is truly gargantuum and on a scale we as a race in this age have not yet produced, it appeared semi oblong and like a large hull of some kind with a rupture in it's side, possible lying on it's side but in the middle of the continent,.
You know there are mountains under that ice with could give the alps a run for there money but the entire centre of the continent is pushed down by the massive ice sheet which completely burys them, so if this is an artifact whom built it and when as it therefore must predate the ice age unless it is an alien mothership of a giant noah's ark which came to rest there long ago.
facetheillusion.wordpress.com...
www.disclose.tv...
I also remember reading about magnetic anomolys in this area like something very big was disrupting the earth magnetic field, and about air planes during ww2 encountering magnetic compass problems there as well when they flew over greenland.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks for the link, mate, A star for you. I hope you don't mind if I post the pictures in your link in my last post.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

data5091
intriguing, first I had heard about this. Maybe some kind of a Viking ship perhaps?????

Yes because Vikings are famous for building ships many km's long

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

wmd_2008

data5091

Yes because Vikings are famous for building ships many km's long

And our ships were anything but straight. Laughed a bit when I read it, being of viking heritage meself, thinking, oh my, are we being blamed for that too now.... It's an image mis-pass as far as I'm concerned. Looks rather peculiar though.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Its fifty (50) miles long, square and I beleive golden-rust colored 1/4-1/2 sumbergered in ice.

So, its not a 50 mile long Viking ship....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Of course there is also this to throw on the fire,
www.treurniet.ca...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Im not exactly sure WHAT we're looking at in the artic. A few years back, I looked a bit into it. Now...Ill be digging into the info youve provided. Thanks a lot! MS

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hadn't heard about this one in particular, however I was aware of a large hole in the South Pole.
Zoomed out you can see a dark image of what appears to be indeed a large hole in the ice. However when you zoom in on Google maps the hole becomes pixelated very quickly. Something here too I wonder?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

allthings2allmen There is an old air field from the cold war era that makes it a no fly over zone.

Any proof that it is a no fly zone?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The black strip is the cold war air strip that is covered up to hide the military base there. Interestingly enough it is oriented in the same direction and located not far from the anomaly. Yes flight instruments go crazy when flying over the area. To get permission for an expedition you would have to make contact with the Danish government since greenland is Danish territory. If someone is an investigative journalist they should try calling them under the cover of an anthropological expedition to study sled dog culture. The inuit in that region live in symbiosis with their dogs. One could not live without the other. Getting permission is not the point finding out if it is a restricted area is the point. It is restricted to fly overs.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

allthings2allmen
The black strip is the cold war air strip that is covered up to hide the military base there. Interestingly enough it is oriented in the same direction and located not far from the anomaly. Yes flight instruments go crazy when flying over the area. To get permission for an expedition you would have to make contact with the Danish government since greenland is Danish territory. If someone is an investigative journalist they should try calling them under the cover of an anthropological expedition to study sled dog culture. The inuit in that region live in symbiosis with their dogs. One could not live without the other. Getting permission is not the point finding out if it is a restricted area is the point. It is restricted to fly overs.

Of course that's what the black strip is
Can you even prove any of the BS above about restrictions and instruments going crazy WITHOUT going to conspiracy sites ? All it is an error with the images.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

allthings2allmen
The black strip is the cold war air strip that is covered up to hide the military base there. Interestingly enough it is oriented in the same direction and located not far from the anomaly. Yes flight instruments go crazy when flying over the area.

Your valid source for those claims is what exactly?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join