It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point did you decide not to believe that UFO's visit us from other worlds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
At what point did you decide not to believe that UFO's visit us from other worlds?

At what point was it clear to you that

� We are alone in the universe, or if we are not, that no one is visiting us yet.
� No one is visiting us from other worlds in space-crafts.

Please list what argument, photo, video, book, movie, encounter etc. did it for you.

Different people have different lines in the sand, that was crossed into a cosmic universe view. This thread is an opportunity for people of common world view to check and see if their own resons are shared by their like-minded, and an opportunity for those who do believe we are being visited to perhaps better understand the minds of those who don't

Let the list begin:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
the way i look at it is this.
The universe is huge, and the universe is young. When the universe started out there was only hydrogen the sipmlest of elements. as the hydrogen gas came together in clumps it began to heat up and finaly collesed into a star. These 1st generation stars were pure hydrogen and had nothing else in the mix. When theses stars died they made heavier elements in thier core but not many. They were mabye some heavy metals but mostly lighter elements like oxygen carbon, heilum, chloriene, etc.. These elements along with the very much so abundant hydrogen collesed to make 2nd generation stars and when they inturn died they spread the heavy elements like gold, silver, platinum, copper, lead, calcium etc...
Now these elements along with hydrogen collesed into 3rd gen stars which are the stars we see today. Our sun is a 3rd generation star. our planets are made with 2nd generaton elements. For a truly succesful civlization to be created it would need the abundance of the heavy metals to become technologacly advanced. The idea of planets orbiting 2nd generation stars is almost highly unlikely. but you may have had gas planets because gas was widely abundant. with earth being a 2nd gen elemtent planet ,and that means were are early, another civlization would have to also be a 2ned gen planet orbiting a 3rd gen star. that does ont give much time for them to becoem highly advanced, and travel the emense distance to meet us.

stars live a long time and the universe has been around for a long time. The human civlization has been around what mabye 45 million years. Thats like less thant 1% of teh time frame of the universe. now with our knowldge of the star generations what are the odd of another civlization becomeing advanced in the smae time as our existince. its verry small. the odds of another civlization 1st becomeing more advanced than us in a short time frame, travelign the great distances of space, and then miracioulsly flourishing as a civlization in the same less than 1% of the time of the universe add up to a verry small number.

I do however believe microscip life is verry abundant in the universe but for the conditons to be right for inteligent life that takes something specail.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
oh yea and i cant forget this.

I didnt care any more when my predominatn cause for life was happiness and worring about thoes kind of things were just pointless wastes of time for me and just got me anxious/ worried/ scared/ whihc made me not happy. Its not that im not being ingnorant its just that there is nothing i can do and i wont feel like ive acomplished anything if i know the "truth" and the truth wont make me any happier. so i try to be happw with what i know that is simple. like i dont watch tv i have o clue whats going on in the news but im happy because i enjoy doing my carpentry work in my back yard almost all day and going to school socalizing with freinds and the coming home and enjoying the outdoors and night. I care about happiness of my mind and soul i care about truth but if the truth is pointless to me whats the point?

if you got beef with my happines whats teh problem with you? im perfectly happy the way i am im not hurting anyone and no one is hurting me if anythign im helping people. so the only thing you caan complain about is that im beign ingnorant to the "Truth" but i ask you where has teh truth gotten us before?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
[edit on 23-11-2004 by BeyondBelief]

new topics

top topics

join