It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Israel -- Time Is Running Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visits the White House tomorrow, President Barack Obama will tell him that his country could face a bleak future -- one of international isolation and demographic disaster -- if he refuses to endorse a U.S.-drafted framework agreement for peace with the Palestinians. Obama will warn Netanyahu that time is running out for Israel as a Jewish-majority democracy. And the president will make the case that Netanyahu, alone among Israelis, has the strength and political credibility to lead his people away from the precipice.

Obama to Israel -- Time Is Running Out

Obama still has 2 years to make history for a nation of Palestine to formulate next to a current Israeli state, but no ones holding their breath but this, along with his statement of returning to 1967 borders, is pretty historic alone.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

1967 borders is a non starter to begin with, and shows Obama is either not serious, or completely incompetent.

Also why is Obama bothering with this with the Ukraine crisis at his doorstep?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Preach!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

1967 borders is a non starter to begin with, and shows Obama is either not serious, or completely incompetent.

Because the American administration cant do anything considering all the meddeling bs it pulled off in the entire middleeast the last ten years. It has been pretty much the same thing as Putin is doing now, the only difference is that its on the other side of the fence.

What is going on in Israel and has been going on since forever is far more dire.

I know the Israeli jews would like to paint themselves a picture of them being victims and special...

The fact is that the Israeli jews have been deeply militaristic and hostile to everyone else since the romans stood on their doorstep.
Reigning in the Zionists so that they stoo #ing up the world with their psychotic scriptures is the most important objwct of the beginning of world peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

fliceBecause the American administration cant do anything considering all the meddeling bs it pulled off in the entire middleeast the last ten years. It has been pretty much the same thing as Putin is doing now, the only difference is that its on the other side of the fence.

I'm sorry, remind me where the US annexed part of another country in the name of "protecting Americans living there". I did not realize we now had new states in the Middle East, what are the names of their Senators?
edit on 3-3-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

President Barack Obama will tell him that his country could face a bleak future -- one of international isolation and demographic disaster -- if he refuses to endorse a U.S.-drafted framework agreement for peace with the Palestinians.

They're already internationally isolated.

Well, not by governments, but when do governments listen to the people.

Unlike apartheid South Africa, Israel is somehow able to avoid international condemnation and sanctions.

Even as they build a wall around the people of Palestine in what Jimmy Carter called the world's largest "open air prison".

Everything the Zionists have done from the very beginning has been absolutely disgusting and horrendous.

Can only hope for some justice or karma.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Kicking Israel to the curb would probably be the only positive thing Obama has accomplished.

And before people say the US doesn't have the right to make such demands, yes we do. We are propping up Israel. We are supporting them financially and via other means. They would have been wiped out decades ago if it wasn't for US protection. If they want protection, that comes at a price.

Threatening to leave someone alone is always a right you enjoy. By saying the US doesn't have the right to do this, it's basically saying Israel is entitled to America's protection and support. No, they aren't. If they want big brother helping them, they must follow directions.

I'm surprised Israel is the only thing Obama has been able to show a spine on, although I'm sure this threat will disappear and go down the toilet like all the rest.

I can't wait until Israel gets dropped, they deserve whatever happens to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Netanyahu is going to listen to Obama with as much attention as Putin is giving him. This administration is all talk and no action on the world stage. What actions they do partake in though they never talk about and deny, until it's leaked.

The situation in Israel will remain the same for the next few years, unless the palestinians come to the peace talks table acting like adults rather than petulant children.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Obama to Israel: Time is running out we need to implement full scale nuclear war before i'm outta office and cooler heads prevail!
LoL
edit on 3-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

fliceBecause the American administration cant do anything considering all the meddeling bs it pulled off in the entire middleeast the last ten years. It has been pretty much the same thing as Putin is doing now, the only difference is that its on the other side of the fence.

I'm sorry, remind me where the US annexed part of another country in the name of "protecting Americans living there". I did not realize we now had new states in the Middle East, what are the names of their Senators?
edit on 3-3-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

Want a list of USA led, inspired or funded regime changes instead?

I warn you, it's a long read.

OP:

If nothing else, it's a step in the right direction.

Hopefully a suitable solution can be brokered that will please (or at least not aggrivate) everyone sometime soon.

edit on 3-3-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Netanyahu is going to listen to Obama with as much attention as Putin is giving him. This administration is all talk and no action on the world stage. What actions they do partake in though they never talk about and deny, until it's leaked.

The situation in Israel will remain the same for the next few years, unless the palestinians come to the peace talks table acting like adults rather than petulant children.

There's a big difference between Putin/Russia listening to Obama, and Netanyahu/Israel listening to Obama.

I can think of about 30 billion differences a year right off the bat.
edit on 3-3-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I hope the United States comes out of it's own bleak period here, in one piece and relatively intact. It'll be despite, not because of our leadership.

(sigh)

I can't help but think such an open ....almost threat here... is about the single worst thing he ever could have done with Israel. Even privately...that's one thing. Obama is coming to play master of the world though, OPENLY for goodness sakes. Europe, The Med Region, The Middle East and plenty of statements about coming focus to East Asia. Oh... brother....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
First bloody thing obama should dam well demand is Isreal sign up to all the same WMD treatys the rest of the world has.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Well if Putin won't even give him the slightest respect of responding to his non-ultimatum about Ukraine, I guess he has to spout off about something else that he either doesn't care about or is too incompetent to be entrusted with.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

because it is all connected, he has set about destabilizing the most volatile areas of the world

www.americanthinker.com...

english.alarabiya.net...

Putin is establishing a naval presence in Venezuela and Cuba. He already has a major naval base in Syria. He wants to control Middle Eastern oil, and by making Iran and Saudi Arabia dependent on him, he might be able to do it.

Obama has systematically dismantled Western and U.S. defenses, stabbed allies like Egypt’s Mubarak in the back, invaded Libya without a shred of justification, and backed murderous reactionary gangsters in Syria, Libya, Iran, and Egypt. Our president betrayed U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and purged our top military leaders. Soon he will turn over Iraq to Iran, and Afghanistan to the Taliban. When, through our bottomless folly, Iran gets the bomb, it will control both sides of the Persian Gulf, and run the Middle East through Turkey, Syria, and Lebanon

Turkey
english.alarabiya.net...

The reference to this claim is the “Küçük Kaynarca” (Karlowitz I) signed 230 years ago. As per this agreement, signed by the Russian Tsarina Catherine II on April 19, 1783, the Crimean Peninsula was taken away from the dominion of the Ottomans and handed over to Russia. However, one of the most important provisions of this treaty was the debarment of independence for the Peninsula and outlawing its submission to a third party: Should any such attempt be made, then Crimea would automatically have to be returned to the sovereignty of Turkey.

When Ukraine appeared as an independent nation following the disintegration of the USSR in 1991, Turkey acquired the right to claim the Peninsula back based on the Treaty of Küçük Kaynarca; however, this was not brought up by the Turgut Ozal administration of the time. Turkey was content with advocating for the rights of the Tatar minority living on the Crimean Peninsula.

I posted right here on this forum that his last three years would be disastrous, and now we watch and wait.

The stage is set,all the players are in place, and the beast is on the throne.
edit on 083131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

That should've happened long ago!

Israel is the only thing that Obama the idiot has gotten right. All foreign aid should be stopped immediately and no more military tech. If anything, we should be helping the Palestinians get their land back. Until then, the middle east will be in total turmoil. And before anyone touts off that "Israel's our friends"--No they aren't. Not mine, anyways. They may have a lot of "friends" in NY, among other places, but they matter not to me. I want what is right. I want justice, not only for the Palestinians, but for everyone in the world who is/has been suffering because of Zionism--and that spreads to academia, banks, news medias, Hollywood--all the poison that keep humanity at odds. It's easy to see.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
1967 borders are a non-starter.Many if not all Israeli leaders,especially Netanyahu,would never agree to that point.Knowing that defending such borders would be near impossible.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Ukraine Crisis is a dress rehersal for the Russian and Arab invasion of Israel.

new topics

top topics

join