It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Signs That You'd Qualify as a Witch in 1692

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

WhiteAlice

Krazysh0t
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Unless you were a man back then. Then you could be a great military general by exhibiting your scarey tendencies.

LOL. The hilarious thing about the above statement is that my grandfather groomed me for the military with his personal goal of my becoming the first female general. No joke, lol, and he was in a position to do it as he had spent a few years as a director of training for a NCO academy. I didn't go military though because I'm way too much of a pacifist. But yeah, hilarious comment there, Krazyshot. You pegged it.

If your grandfather dream come true, Harvard might become Hogwarts.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Pretty much but I guess when one is gonna dream, one might as well dream big, lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
17 signs you are a witch in the 21st Century -

1 - 7 You attend orgies regulaly and eat halucogenic mushrooms.
8 - 16 - You fleece idiots by selling them talismans and love potions and card readings and candels of every colour.
17 - You love to get nude on every solstice or festival remotley pagan sounding...
edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Of course. It's kind of funny how depending on how you act in one gender can cause people to look at you completely differently. Be all authoritative, manipulative, or demanding as a woman and you are a witch, but the same traits in a man and you can be a great leader. Meanwhile if you are submissive, passive, or kind as a man you are viewed as effeminate or gay, but a woman with those traits is viewed as an ideal wife. Gender roles suck.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yes, they do. My son and I get into this discussion a lot here after one of his professors suggested that her students test their writing style against Gender Genie. His suspicion was that I would be pegged as male because of the way that I was raised and he was spot on. In almost an ironic twist of fate, his own traits are more feminine than my own--he's quiet, very gentle, and heartfelt--and he's been that way since he was a baby. For both of us, those gender rules are totally broken but he seems to have less trouble than I did when I was his age. Glad for that but it figures. I have no doubts that I would've been burned at the stake a few hundred years ago. Hell, I was practically declared a witch in high school due to my perceptiveness, lol. I may not have been physically burned at the stake but socially, pretty much. Well, until somebody needed advice that is.

There was an interesting little experiment on gender role perception done at Harvard Business School where they had students read the same case study with just the gender altered. The original CEO was a woman and she was viewed as cold, ruthless, and manipulative but when recast as a male, she was admirable. www.europeanbusinessreview.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

HOLY CRAP I'll Be A SON-OF-A-WITCH

LMAO

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

14. Butter or milk has spoiled in your fridge

It's 1692 and you have a fridge. WITCH!!!!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/4/2014 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You could have just stopped at female it seems.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

MrConspiracy

Misogynist.

Hee hee, just kidding....

Maybe.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

MrConspiracy

Misogynist.

Hee hee, just kidding....

Maybe.

Haha... never! It just seems all the things that came after "female" would happen anyway.

Have money or have no money... Have female friends. And fall out with one of them.

I guess we could stop at just human... but OP said female first, not me!!!

Hahaha,
David.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Oh trust me, I'm pretty sure that it'd be fairly easy to pin my kind as being the root of all evil for many things. I mean, heck, we could even link overflowing landfills to women in that regard because god knows, so many of my kind do seem to adore shopping....

Now I am going to get myself into trouble with my own kind. We're not all shoppers! I know that! Where's a white flag emoticon when one needs one?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My wife qualifies and her sister . And my Mother in Law and her sister . Witches all , burn em burn em

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

adarma
My wife qualifies and her sister . And my Mother in Law and her sister . Witches all , burn em burn em

I take it that none of them post here. Make sure you clear your history and delete all cookies because, well, they apparently outnumber you.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nah he just needs a conveniently placed pail of water nearby. Didn't you watch the Wizard of Oz?

Speaking of that, did anyone ever wonder why someone with a mortal allergy to water would keep a big pail of it sitting out in the open where they did all their daily shenanigans?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Good point. Who needs fire when one can make a witch go melting, melting away?

It does kind of make you wonder just why that bucket was there. By all appearance, the Wicked Witch of the West didn't seem particularly keen on personal hygiene. Her hair was pretty lank and don't even get me started on her complexion. Glinda, I can see having a bucket nearby--that one's just a wee bit on the OCD side. But not ole green and lanky... Maybe she didn't like the odor of flying monkey poo?
edit on 6/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: apparently words are insufficient

edit on 6/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: oh for the love of god, time to start proofreading before i hit post. YEESH.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hahahaha

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

According to them, If you are a female with female friends and disagree with anything someone told you, then you are probably a witch. Wow.

Here is a very interesting one:

17. You have broken virtually any rule in the Bible and thus entered into a pact with the devil

I guess that agree with this bible verse:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. - 1 John 3:6

A true Christian can never sin, once you accept Jesus Christ and become a Christian - sin is a part of your past. Otherwise you never truly knew or seen Jesus.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is 13 out of 17 a powerful witch?

Too bad this wasn't as hilarious then as it seems now, eh? Makes you wonder what will be hilarious in 350 years....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No round haircuts

im sawing off my 'fro as we speak...
*sigh*
mohawks are ok though looks like

though i do prefer watercraft any day...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join