It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Signs That You'd Qualify as a Witch in 1692

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
1. You are female
2. You are poor/cannot support yourself financially
3. You are rich/financially independent
4. You have one or more female friends
5. You have had an argument with one or more of your female friends
See link and expanded explanation for the remainder

www.mentalfloss.com...

The superstitious religious fervor and stupidity of days past never ceases to amaze me, yet even so, this very same thing goes on today with stoning and the beating of women. I have wondered at times how we as a species have survived with so many easily swayed into the most heinous acts and the silent majority....remaining silent....

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Here's a few with high scores!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

17. You have broken virtually any rule in the Bible and thus entered into a pact with the devil

Wow that's harsh and if followed would have seen every man, woman and child burned at the stake.

Still I suspect there are a few(?) folks around who might like to resurrect the "old ways."
    " Heathens, blasphemers and witches beware!"

Probably a good reason NOT to invent time travel.
edit on 308am5151am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I read some history how catholic and also christian churches used systemical propaganda against gypsies when they came to europea, they called gypsies as demons, wiches, werewolfs, vampires and so on, those times ppl were so fearful minds that they believed everything. Actually many kings and queens loved gypsies becouse they brought many skills their kingdom needed desperetly but religious leaders hated gypsies for many reasons and they also ultimately pressured kings against gypsies also and after that it was downhill for gypsies in most parts of the europe till these days actually. I read how catcholic pope blessed nazies in ww2 also and so on, not very nice religion down the history lains but christianity is also brought these days with full of blood and fear etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I read some history how catholic and also christian churches used systemical propaganda against gypsies when they came to europea, they called gypsies as demons, wiches, werewolfs, vampires and so on, those times ppl were so fearful minds that they believed everything. Actually many kings and queens loved gypsies becouse they brought many skills their kingdom needed desperetly but religious leaders hated gypsies for many reasons and they also ultimately pressured kings against gypsies also and after that it was downhill for gypsies in most parts of the europe till these days actually. I read how catcholic pope blessed nazies in ww2 also and so on, not very nice religion down the history lains but christianity is also brought these days with full of blood and fear etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

14. BUTTER OR MILK HAS SPOILED IN YOUR FRIDGE

I'm a witch!

*hops on broom and flies away*

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That's crazy!!

That reminds me of a scene from one of the BEST movies ever made:

I think this sums it up about the same way. One is as ludicrous as the other.
People...
edit on 3/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Honestly the whole phenomenon was mostly about that weird and dangerous necessity for scapegoating that seems so fundamental to the human condition, with a hefty dose of misogyny thrown in as an additional justifier as needed.

We do the same self-righteous thou-shall-rat-out-your-neighbor/enemy/whatever thing today, with out (quite) the brutality. Child Protective Services comes to mind. State sanctioned scapegoating that demonizes, targets, and victimizes the poor and single women more than any other demographic.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

727Sky
1. You are female

www.mentalfloss.com...

The superstitious religious fervor and stupidity of days past never ceases to amaze me, yet even so, this very same thing goes on today with stoning and the beating of women. I have wondered at times how we as a species have survived with so many easily swayed into the most heinous acts and the silent majority....remaining silent....

Whoever made up that list is not the sharpest marble...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

ha!

well im not a witch...

But i'd still be burned as a heretic... or worse..

Oh hang on... I qualify

edit on 3-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I love the catch all:

-The strict observance of Sabbath, "the training day of military discipline.” This includes no fire, no trading, no traveling, and something called “new showbread In the holy place.” That last one is punishable by death.
-No adultery (burn her before she tells)
-No leading people to other Gods by prophecy or dreams
-No getting raped (burn her before she tells)
-No planting more than one type of seed in a field
-No touching a pig carcass
-No wearing clothing made of more than one kind of cloth or fabric
-No round haircuts
-No braided hair
-And definitely no suffering a witch to live

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
That's a stupid list
I'm a witch

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It doesnt mention experiment with Aconitum and toad anywhere or summoning the Efreet ?
So, pretty safe to make death potions, right ? No, not a witch here.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just show them your smart phone and it would be over. It's sorcery!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

3u40r15m

727Sky
1. You are female

www.mentalfloss.com...

Whoever made up that list is not the sharpest marble...

Oh really? Care to elaborate? The list looked about right to me based off of my knowledge of the Salem Witch Trials and other witch hunts throughout history. But I guess you and your one line posts knows SOOO much better.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
No round haircuts?
Oh Bieber?! We have pics!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My son told me if I had been born a few centuries earlier I would have been burnt at the stake. He failed to realise I already had been.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

eccentriclady
reply to post by 727Sky

My son told me if I had been born a few centuries earlier I would have been burnt at the stake. He failed to realise I already had been.

LOL. Great post. I definitely would've been toaster caked if I lived a few centuries ago but luckily, I live in today's world where men who have met/known me just think I'm the scariest woman on the planet. Sigh. We can't win, can we?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Unless you were a man back then. Then you could be a great military general by exhibiting your scarey tendencies.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Unless you were a man back then. Then you could be a great military general by exhibiting your scarey tendencies.

LOL. The hilarious thing about the above statement is that my grandfather groomed me for the military with his personal goal of my becoming the first female general. No joke, lol, and he was in a position to do it as he had spent a few years as a director of training for a NCO academy. I didn't go military though because I'm way too much of a pacifist. But yeah, hilarious comment there, Krazyshot. You pegged it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join