It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Al Qaeda like website owned by CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
link to article
link to 'al qaeda like website'
This professionally managed website with eyecatching design and graphics and daily news features, video store and reporters emerged on the net sometime after Sept. 11th 2001.

What really struck me as odd was all the professional glitz of the website as well as its deliberate attempt to look Arabic (Notice the Koranic translations with curved font!)

(please click on the first link to read this interesting article)

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Great article, pity its cut'n pasted from Liberty Forum.
Thats really not a good look.

I just trimmed it, so read it on the original place and try the lnk...

www.jihadunspun.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Great article, pity its cut'n pasted from Liberty Forum.
Thats really not a good look.

I just trimmed it, so read it on the original place and try the lnk...

www.jihadunspun.com...

Pity it's actually a cut-n-paste from www.rense.com linky

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Heh, I always wondered who owned that website and what the deal was. As of this morning I can't get to it, either too many people visiting or its toast.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I posted about this yesterday (the post was removed bacause I refferenced a ATS memeber in the thread) but its the same story. Check my other thread here showing Jihadunspuns reaction to the claims...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
but nobody believes that schittt, so why would the CIA be behind it?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
CIA owns a large chunk of the internet with the use of Carnivore sniffing around in the background.

The website uses active-x scripting which is allowed to run by microsoft IE default settings. although i havent disected the script, it could be a way to infect middle-eastern/islamic people computers by visiting this website.

If they're not visiting western type websites, then you'll have to find some way to get on to their computers.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is that any different than the fair-play for cuba committe operation? If you want to keep an eye on a dispersed, diverse, disorganized enemy, create a place for that enemy to assemble and organize.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
From the source, the website seems to be coming from a translator in the UK. The english versio is being done on an older copy of Netscape. It does smell of western influence.

new topics

top topics

join