It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flowing in the Spirit of the LORD/YHWH, is the beginning of Wisdom...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

I seem to prefer God... or Father as Jesus called him...

those being the highest most reverent words possible for the Greatest "being" or whatever one choses to classify God as

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Joecroft
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon

Interesting though... just today I was reading Eugnostos the Blessed... Found here if you're interested

It seems to reiterate Secret John in that "God" has no name... which reads as follows

"He has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another. He is unnameable"

I would apply this rule to YHWH, a name made by men, who follow a creation of men...

According to Moses, God did name Himself as, "I am that I am" or "I shall be what I shall be” etc…

I think they were putting a name to the “Unnameable one” or “Ineffable one” and knew the true meaning behind it. Personally, I think they’re describing the one true God, as being Spirit…

The I AM that I AM in the Bible actually describes "Your Father in Heaven" as mentioned by Master Jesus in the NT. This I AM is God who directly created you. In some circles, this God is called your Higher Self (the future perfected You who is currently in Heaven). This is why Jesus was able to say, I AM as himself because in actuality, we are all ONE with God as I have said numerous times. It is not talking about a name nor is this I AM the Ultimate Creator. The I AM references to the ONE PERSON who is God. Therefore, we are all but many different forms of God, streaming back to the single I AM that I AM. Let me quote from a thread that I wrote several months ago to clarify the origins of the I AM so you would better understand.

"Before the creation of the known, Material Universe, before there was a single being or any star system, the only place that existed was the “World of Allness.” The World is outside of the “World of Form.” There is no form in the Allness. We have been reincarnating in a World made out of form for too long, so we don't understand nor recognize what it means to be without form. But anyways, in the “World of Allness,” there are beings known as The Presences or in some spiritual circles as The Unknown or The Ain Soph. And One of the Presences wanted to experience what it is like to have some kind of form and know what it means to be separate from Source. The Ain Soph created the First Beings of Existence from The World [of] Form, which is Alpha and Omega (Father & Mother Forces). Next, The I AM was created, followed by The I AM that I AM. This I AM is many, many, many levels higher than your own Higher Self. Your Higher Self is a representation of the original I AM that I AM. Please don't worry about the terms I'm throwing at you. Just understand the big picture."

If you read this correctly, this paragraph describes creation even before our Universe came into existence, and it describes the original I AM Presence. There are many I AM Presences that go lower and lower until you reach our sphere of existence. I spoke earlier of your Higher Self (this is God whom everybody prays to, either you call Him Father or just God) and this is the lowest I AM Presence to the Physical World. There are many levels that go up through the Universe chain of Ascended Beings known as the I AM. When you reach Salvation or Ascension to Heaven, you also become/merge with your I AM Presence. Therefore you can then say, "I AM that I AM" just like Master Jesus.

Those interested on more about this information can read my second thread.

My first thread is the prerequisite to the second. So you might want to read it first if you want to understand the entire thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Great post, I agree. S&F

I believe the Spirit is the Father within all of us, the invisible aspect of life itself, the part that sees the world through an image of light. This is the "unnameable one", the one who comes before all others because you yourself must first perceive others before you can know them, meaning you come before all others from your viewpoint or perspective.

The Spirit is sometimes called the wind, the wind represents the Spirit that animates all living things, it creates the "flow" of time, the aspect of life that moves the image forward in time through change.

The Spirit or Father is the male aspect of life while nature or the Mother is the Female aspect, as you and vet were discussing. She is called Understanding because she is what we learn from, the physical universe is what we study and it is what we find and are given Understanding from. Without what is within the image (Mother), there would be no Understanding, everyone would be literally and metaphorically blind.

The Son is the image itself, the mind and its eye, it's the image of the invisible god as Paul puts it. Third eye, image, mind's eye, Son, etc. they're all the same thing just with different words attached to it. It is the part that gives you individualism, your completely unique perspective that belongs to you and you alone, it guves you your identity by allowing you to be self aware.

The Holy Spirit is God and it is the Trinity of Father, Mother, and Son united as One True God. The church (religion) left out the Mother and replaced her for another name for God in order to take advantage of her by convincing the masses that this planet is not worth loving and we should not really care about it being destroyed because something better comes after this life.

This is it right here, the life you are living right now is what all religions point toward but obscure through language, metaphor, and writing. We are all the Father, Mother, and Son wrapped up into One Holy Spirit of life. Jesus points toward what's within you as well, not just himself, he guides you into being the Son right along with him.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

I agree brother.

We are all God experiencing itself from infinite perspectives, ever changing and ever growing. It continues to grow even after we leave these bodies because life is eternal, there are no gaps in-between and we will have life even after death instantaneoulsy because of the fact that there are no gaps. We will be born again physically through birth and we can also be born again spiritually through understanding, wisdom, and open-mindedness.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

But now we are talking about a connection/symbiosis with all that exists and source of all that is and not watered down man made simplification of the state of oneness of all.

Even if a part is connected to everything and know everything the whole knows it can still be a self determined part of the whole. Just because a cell in the body can have all the information of the body do not mean it is the whole body but is a part with all other cells making up the body.
edit on 3-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Akragon
"Wouldn't "reverence" of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" be more appropriate?

I dunno Akragon... take a look at the 'god' of the Old Testament and tell me you wouldn't fear him? The guy makes all of creation andtells humans not to eat a certain apple but when they do he banished them in pain and suffering, and all humanity as well for as long as humans exist; the guy lets humans run amok on the planet and then one day decides it's too much and so he wipes them all out except for Noah and his family; the guy inspires parents to murder their children in his name (Abraham); the guy allows slavery and humans to sacrifice each other but at the same time he destroys Onan when he ''pulls out early' during sex; the guy sends Joshua to destroy peaceful towns and to mass murder every living thing; ... etc etc

I am thinking that 'fear' of the Old Testament 'god' is a rather healthy reaction to those kinds of things.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I do not fear my God... and that is not my God

The OT god is more like a devil then a God... and there can only be one according to Jesus...

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble

IF anything he should fear me because I expose his faults to the world... He is not God

edit on 3-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Akragon

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the O.T. 'god' isn't the real God either. I'm just sayin' that, considering what the people in that time period thought of their 'god', I'd be afraid of him too. He was one bad bad dude ... jealous, irrational, murderous, ... YIKES.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Connect the right passages and its very obvious...

Not a fan of Paul but it needs to be said...

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 john 4
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Luke 6
For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

or

Matthew 7
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Akragon

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the O.T. 'god' isn't the real God either. I'm just sayin' that, considering what the people in that time period thought of their 'god', I'd be afraid of him too. He was one bad bad dude ... jealous, irrational, murderous, ... YIKES.

Maybe the people who wrote the bible had less understanding about god than they think even if I think they got the spiritual meaning right. I love the divine at least. And sometimes people are going to have to go thru bad things for reasons that are not 100% their fault to be what they are, at a specific point, at a specific time.

In the end it all works out.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
. The not keeping tracks only causes more blind suffering because the people do not learn for their mistakes. Trust is something that is created between entities and goes both ways.

Off topic. Why do your picture always make me wanna say: Who is a good little kitty? Yes you are a good little kitty.
edit on 3-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Perhaps because im cute and cuddly?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am more of the opinion that YHWH was an evilish character... but that is not all gnostic thought...

I think YHWH, was the secretly known name, for the one true God, but was only known by those higher up in power. And think most others wrongly attributed, evil deeds to this God/YHWH because they weren’t aware that God is Spirit.

There may well have been some other entity carrying out evil deeds etc.., but like I was saying before, it suited those in power for people to think YHWH, was some evil entity, to help keep fear and control over people, and to hide the real truth, that God is Spirit.

Look into Valintinus and his thoughts on the subject...

I already strongly lean towards Valintinus views, as I have mentioned in a few of my past posts…

- JC

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
Maybe. I think of Paul as a wolf in sheep clothing but cannot be sure if it is he who is manipulative or the ones who said he said it. It does not really matter today if it is Paul or people of power speaking untruthfully of Paul. What matters is that who ever did the manipulation got many people to believe the manipulation even today.

I was in fact very angry and hateful towards the thought of Jesus until I did realize that the manipulation had occurred and that the Christian bible is filled with contradictions that seem to mean two sides who are opposed each other are both trying to manipulate the reader to their side. Is it any wonder people get confused by the bible.

I think Jesus message was so powerful, that it was a threat to those in power. They tried at first to stamp in out, through persecutions and murder etc…but they realised that the Spirit of the message, was just too powerful to stop.

They didn’t want people to come to the knowledge of the “Spirit of God”, which is why Jesus said to the Pharisees that “they shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces, and that they do not enter themselves, nor will they let others in” etc…“ I also think it’s no accident that the phrase “fear of the Lord”, is worded and translated that way; most likely on purpose.

The cat was already out of the bag, so to speak, so they devised a new plan to subvert/edit and control the message, to enable them to keep people in fear, just like they had done in the OT times, by keeping intact the traditions of men and doctrines from the Old Testament, about God being an evil tyrant, and something which you had to fear etc…

The light of truth draws people in, but it’s the darkens that keeps them divided. Those in power couldn’t put the genie back into the bottle, and although the Spirit of God was now being poured out, (which they didn’t want) they still managed to keep fear and control over people, like they had in the past, by subverting Jesus message. When you mix light with darkness, then contradictions will naturally occur.

- JC

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Hermes Trismegistus collected writings or 'the Hermetica' is just a rurgitation of the Egyptian (god) wisdoms of Thoth; and are thought to be one and/or the same being! Great Great translates to 'very' at some point as alls well that ends well in the very verys and Greats. Their is also the idea that the 3 verys mean the great religions, Islam, JudeoChristian, Buddhism (off cuff remark): If Abraham's lineage was the source of "Sarah" produced the eventual 'Jesus' bloodline and was as well the source of "Hagar" producing Mohammed, (Islam) where do the Jews fit in here? Abraham was Moses's prophet.

edit on 3-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

LittleByLittle
reply to post by Akragon

Off topic. Why do your picture always make me wanna say: Who is a good little kitty? es you are a good little kitty.Y

Thats no 'kitty' that is a sneaky smart Lemur; one of the first small mammals to appear after the grand extinction of the Dinosaur/Mesozoic era (striped tail is the dead giveaway).

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
no need to say twice

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
vethumanbeing
Joecroft
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

vethumanbeing
As 'God' in the Hebrew Qabalah Tree of Life 'Yahweh' or #1 "Kether" state (cough/ choke) actually of pre-dynastic EGYPTIAN origin)

Joecroft“EGYPTIAN origin”…hmm, You mean, the “Winged Sun/Disc” with two lions standing guard, on either side…?

YES and thats another modern version; "Holy Order Winged Disk" that still exists today is all, likenned to the Rosicrusion Order (rosycross); nothing but a repast or remnant that continues as time honored tradition (whatever you do do not look at the 'Order of the Golden Dawn') it might fry some braincells; eyeballs fall from sockets (mystery schools have their limits as to initiates wanting to walk those paths of potencial insanity). You realize the Templar Knights and the Freemasons had it all in as far as what the 'Tree of Life WAS/IS? (they studied it) as a map to enlightenment; TO KNOW GOD in its true form, a field of energy trying to define itself.

vethumanbeing
It is a reflection of 'God/Yahweh' or any specific aspect of. It is the conditions to separate in opposites and is yang, Male. To have wisdom something must understand it which would be #3 Sephiroth called Binah the other polarity which is Female and is also known as UNDERSTANDING.

JoecroftWhy is the Female aspect/polarity known as Understanding…?
In other words, why can’t I know the Binah, and then understand it through the Chokmah yang/male?

The Tree of Life is constructed on the theory of 'balance'; Kether is Unity, first; below it follows is the idea of Chokmah; 'wisdom' (male), then the quality of 'understanding' as the natural third; they polarize each other you realize nothing has manifested in the physical realm yet (far from it). These are just the first 3 of 10 which are expressions of spirit (God) in the process of eventual physical manifestation these beginings could be percieved as ("FORCES"). The third emanation manifests as the Sephirah Binah (female) that discribes the expresson of the primary 'wisdom'. Unity or Nothingness as God Field allows its perfection to be discribed as a polarity. This was the first plan of action. You must realize its to be complimentary not adversarial. One cannot be wise unless one truly understands.

VHB
Binah is yin/female; Chokmah yang/male. So, why does one have to fear God; you make your case as to why there is nothing to fear; but you are only addressing the Male aspect Wisdom/Chokmah; forgetting all about the balance of the polarity, Understanding/Binah Female.

JoecroftI haven’t forgotten that aspect, it’s in my Avatar lol just thought it was best left out for now…I’m simply trying to show, that in the first part of the phrase “the fear of the Lord”, that the word “fear” is an attribute of the LORD, and has nothing to do with fear, and that the word “fear” itself, is closer to the word “Spirit”.

I would never use or observe such words in what Im attempting to do, fear is the blocker of intent (or allowing someones elses ability to utililize ones/YOUR will) with that intent of purpose, to negate your WILL. Fear and or Ego Prideship will kill any magickal formulations as PURE INTENT is disrupted. This is the reason I distrust/despise/rote (down the throat) religious formats that fail to instruct even the idea of an ancient truism; given in love for us to discover (The Tree of Life). Scripture is poetry or at best metaph-'oracle' wisdoms, not innate truths at all.

VHB
To understand or reconnect with "Unity" or Kether you have to start at the bottom of the tree at Gods heaviest physicality, Malkuth #10 Sephiroph, Matter (kingdom of man) and work your way up,…

JoecroftHow do we even know that “Qabalah Tree of Life” is correct…? Shouldn’t it have 13 points instead, similar to that of the “flower of life”…?

No not 13 points, 11 only as vibratory; 13 does not vibrate. The Pre-dynastic Egyptian mystery schools have been borrowed throughout the ages (yes by Moses first then the Greeks) and that says enough on its own merit. You can obtain within the diagram any points geometric you choose to find, the hexigram, the pentangle and MORE; it also relates as a spiritual map or an overlay of human body/chakra points. You have to use your innate imagination, there are so many overlays of understanding to this tree and can be interpreted in a multitude of ways as human understanding of this history has shown; most recent the Freemasons. Why is it percieved as hidden knowledge? because it the defining of how god, you and the universe works its majick its not hidden at all its right there in front of you; without having to read a single word of 'scripture'; and if you think Jesus did not study the Qabalah teachings you would be wrong; he was an Essene (as were his parents) and this was the basis of their spirituality, this is how he understood his creator and being that creator in the flesh was very confident in his esoteric knowledge; enough to sacrifice himself in the understanding of FINALLY: the humans turmoil in their disconnection with God. He felt it and realized this in the Garden of Gethseseme the betrayal (by Judas) was of him being human and experiencing the inablity to talk to his creatorgod. As God in human form it stepped down through the dimensions (9 IN ALL but still held) within what would be defined as 'in the flesh as Jesus' he had to bear witness to/in that the bodyformhuman or what we experience, IS THE loss of God or a forgetting of upon physical birth; and we are challenged to find or regain that connection, via meditation or prayer or training your Dog, or washing the dishes (the little things are the most poinent) as God is in every act we demonstrate.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Joecroft

John 7:37-39
On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.

That's probably where these kind of pictures come from. Do you see the rivers of water flowing form within?

edit on 4-3-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Joecroft

"Wouldn't "reverence" of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" be more appropriate?

This SHOULD be the most reasonable and OBVIOUS conclusion to what the fear of the Lord means instead of mental masturbation's about words however many would "prefer" their own belief that the creator God is like what THEY want(...i.e....effin NUTZ!!).They may as well call the Gospel the Bad News because what some(..many) want to believe is far, far from "good".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join