It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian Pyramid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
While looking for more of Siberia's ancient monuments I came across this Pyramid that is located on the mysterious Lake Baikal.

In 2007 an architect and scholar of the Irkutsk State Technical University Lubov Makogon visited with her student Port Baikal, a little fisher port town on western Baikal lakeshore where she noted an unusual hill with four visible sides oriented to the North. The hill in height of 80 meters with the width of the base in 170 meters located in the center of Baikal Port close to the lakeshore and had a perspective view from the lake and mouth of the Angara river.

source

More on Lake Baikal mysteries:

Russia: Mysterious Lake Baikal devours vessels Sunday, July 03 2011 @ 02:41 PM CDT Views: 2,149 History Anomalies Another vessel with people on board disappeared in Lake Baikal. Now a search and rescue team is looking for a pleasure boat "Yamaha" that went into the lake with four men on board on 16 June and still has not returned. Everyone says that the men were experienced sailors. However, some do not believe that the crew will return as it disappeared in the most mysterious area of Lake Baikal. The boat left a village in Kabansk area of ??Buryatia with four men on board. They were supposed to return soon, as they went to try a new motor for a small boat, but all contact with them was lost almost immediately after their departure. As reported to "Pravda.ru" by the Main Emergency Center in Buryatia, on Monday the search was conducted by seven rescuers with seven pieces of equipment, on Tuesday the search was continued by a different party near Cape Saint Nose and in the bays of Barguzin Chivyrkuy; searches are conducted by Mi-8 helicopter.

source

Wait there are more strange things happening at the Mysterious Lake Baikal:

In one case in 1982 a group of military divers training at Baikal spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits. The encounter happened at a depth of 50 meters, and the divers tried to catch the strangers. Three of the seven men died, while four others were severely injured. The records describe enounters not only with humanoid figures beneath the water, but also unidentified vehicles moving too quickly to be naval vessels.

source

Siberia is a very fascinating land that would seem to have many ancient secrets yet to be explored.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Fascinating! An intriguing ancient lake with sea monster, aliens and ghosts lore. It is interesting the 'mirage' images reported by visitors and fisherman, resembling castles

Fishermen from Lake Baikal often tell stories about seeing trains and ancient castles, historic ships and boats over the transparent surface of the lake - something scientists call a mirage.

Often, when mirages appear in different parts of the lake, they are accompanied by disturbances in the magnetic fields that lead to failures in the ships' equipment, especially the navigation.

It is the largest by volume and the deepest (5370 feet at its deepest point), in the world, as well as one of the oldest at around 25 million years.

There were times when the fishermen would disappear for a week, but then suddenly return as if nothing had happened, convinced that it has only been a few hours.
nationalparanormalassociation.blogspot.com...
I look forward to the continued exploration of this lake, amazing!
ETA: Oh yea, the pyramid!! Not much on it, but I will be curious how it compares to other pyramids around the globe and the cultural aspects as well. I am surprised there has been no archeological work done yet.
edit on 2-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
being a boater and having boated with russians...
vodka happens and so do accidents
that said
pyramids and aliens
star and flag

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Is the pyramid you describe found on Google earth at: 51*51'5"N 109*55'9"E? Or is the pic at another geographical point on the lake?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Port Baikal
Coordinates: 51°52′25″N 104°47′27″E / 51.8736°N 104.7908°E

topo map pyramid hague6185.files.wordpress.com...

I think the pyramid is here 51°52'27.41"N 104°47'29.75"E

Never really played with GoogleEarth much, I have crappy internet.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Have never heard of this place before, but wow you start researching & there is a lot going on there.

Here is another link on the Lake Baikal mysteries:
hybridtechcar.com...

Also wondering if the boat disappearing could be to large methane bubbles that the rises up under the boats and causes them to instantly sink?
www.bing.com...
survincity.com...
geology.gsapubs.org...

* & F

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

Good link I enjoyed it!

hybridtechcar.com...

When I stumbled on the pyramid article I was hoping to find an update to it, when I did a search to my surprise there were many interesting hits for Lake Baikal, good fun reading.

edit on 3-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: spelling correction

top topics

join