It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the 'next' generation on ATS be like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Me being in my early 30s now I consider myself of this generation, that grew up around laptops, cell phones, lcd monitors then lcd tv's, cd players then mp3s.

My parents touching upon their early 60s, I consider of the previous or 'old' generation (relative to current, of course) who were raised with hand radios then walkman, mostly black and white tube tv (they still have one in their home), and they even have a rotary phone when just a decade ago it costed more for 'tone' service and cell phones werent around in public til they were in their early 50s or so (except maybe that charlie chaplain movie, lol)

So, where do the next generation start? I'm thinkin next generation would include all of those born 2000s and later. although, that is always shifting forward as the next generation becomes current.

But I think whats amazing is all these tech advances the old generation didnt have, that the current and next generation are immersed in. And is it safe to say, ATS is comprised of all 3, maybe mostly old and current generation and some of the next generation thought they'd still be in their wee early teens on here imo.

What will the next next generation be raised around? What will the next generation on ATS be like? I'm thinking positively towards:

- more alternative media sources (and the public funding them as preferred, over MSM)

- even more convincing footage of extraterrestrial encounters, more real-time video evidence of false flags

- more whistleblowers, from gmo & nsa agendas to false flag plots busted right before they happen

On the negative side, I think ATS may likely face adversity from the advance of the following:

- more coverups as more credible extraterrestrial encounters occur

- even more CRISIS ACTORS protected because the agendas are utilizing them YOUNGER and YOUNGER

- more red tape, even to the point ATS would be shut down by the actions of shills/investigators working for NSA/DHS agencies

- pay-per-site internet, rather than unlimited browsing

What will the next generation be like on ATS, and do you think it will be a gradual as technology (and world superpower(s)) shift forward, or could the next generation on ATS be the last ever on ATS? Will the conveniences of youtube, twitter, and the open internet itself even be around or will modern civilization shift into something more militarized, constrained from all these free time/speech to discuss everthing under the sun on here?!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

What will the next generation be like on ATS

It seems to me that we as a species have reached the pinnacle and are now de-evolving , the changes I've seen here over the last few years would suggest that internet forums are not immune to that de-evolution , I shudder to think what the next generation will be like but I suspect it will be even more like Facebook and Twitter , short meaningless posts in reply to short meaningless threads.

I hope to be proved wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The way the government's are going world wide, with their spy networks and censorsh#t, sites like this will either be athing of the past, or too censored to give a personal opinion on anything that to do with politics or anything that affects those in "power". I hope that never happens.
I hope the up and coming generation will care enough and educate themselves to understand whats going on in the world around them. Going by the teenagers and those in their early 20's who live in the area where I live, theres not much hope, no interest in education, no interest in anything apart from getting off their faces, bullying, stealing anything thats worth anything. I know they're not all like that, and I have a lot of respect for those who want to better themselves. Ive tried to help out friend's teenagers to get back into education and to get them a trade, so they can get a decent payed job, ive never been successful. Im not putting down the next generation, but the good ones will be a rare breed, for those I have hope and respect.
B.V.H

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It may be that the next generation of ATS users will continue the trend of brainless twits who think they have it all figured out and want to stand up and beat their chests.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

gortex

What will the next generation be like on ATS

It seems to me that we as a species have reached the pinnacle and are now de-evolving , the changes I've seen here over the last few years would suggest that internet forums are not immune to that de-evolution , I shudder to think what the next generation will be like but I suspect it will be even more like Facebook and Twitter , short meaningless posts in reply to short meaningless threads.

I hope to be proved wrong.

This. I was trying to figure out how to respond without sounding like a jerk...but, really there's no better way to put it than being bluntly honest. And I guess I would be in between the generations outlined in the op (I am 49). So, life for me began at the very beginnings of color tv, push button (tone) phones, the first video games like pong and space invaders when I was a teenager, etc.
I have children in the "current" generation (25 and 22) who have the drive to be supporting themselves and not mooch off of me (thankfully, although I would totally support them if they were truly trying)...but they are of the "facebook generation" of overly self obsessed, egocentric lives (i.e. most pictures are "selfies", no grasp of differing opinions, etc). They'll survive perhaps, but they will also have to figure out how to revive the American economy that will fail after years of both neocon wars and invasions and neolib handouts trying to get this generation chained to government from birth to death.
I also have a child of the next generation who is now 12. She is growing up in a world where you are taught that the world owes you something. That you deserve everything you want right now without having to earn it through life as my generation did and the generations before me did. You deserve the same pay as someone who has worked there for over 20 years earns - because it's "not fair".
And it's not really this generation nor the next generations' fault. This is what is being force fed to them in order for - I really don't know, but I'm sure it involves being controlled by the super elite (by whatever name you want to call them), because besides being taught how special they are, thay are also slowly being conditioned to bow to authority and obey without question. I hope they successfully rise up against this control, because the future really is looking bleak - and I really don't want to be an old man in that kind of future.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

gardener

What will the next next generation be raised around? What will the next generation on ATS be like? I'm thinking positively towards:

- more alternative media sources (and the public funding them as preferred, over MSM)

- even more convincing footage of extraterrestrial encounters, more real-time video evidence of false flags

- more whistleblowers, from gmo & nsa agendas to false flag plots busted right before they happen

I think that each new generation is a reaction to the one before it, so I predict based on the opposite of your predictions.

Less alternative media sources, much more mainstream

Video footage of false flags and aliens might be more prevalent, but a lot less popular, maybe unpopular

Whistleblowers are condemned as being anti-productive Narcissists

I don't know what to think about your adversity predictions.

I like your thread!
edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 14:42:19 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 14:42:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

darkbake

gardener
I'm thinking positively towards

I think that each new generation is a reaction to the one before it, so I predict based on the opposite of your predictions.

Less alternative media sources, much more mainstream

Video footage of false flags and aliens might be more prevalent, but a lot less popular, maybe unpopular

Whistleblowers are condemned as being anti-productive Narcissists

I don't know what to think about your adversity predictions.

I like your thread!

Brilliant realist response, Blake! Now I'm sure I was just being tooo optimistic.

I like your theory of cycle between reactor and reactee. It's thus a neverending battle between liberation & oppression!

My view remains that government will be increasingly oppressive/imperialist as the military drive to establish a type1 civilization: 1 bank, 1-world government becomes increasingly aggressive among banksters behind then global operation.

But, civilians in response would become more rebellious than current. Guess you're right though, at this point America truly s unstoppable and those who resist will be silenced even quicker than can they really contribute to the resistance or alternative media.

I can picture ATSers posting about leaked documents or secret footage and being executed by NSA's all-seeing eye with the press of a button or maybe by then just decades now, automatically by computers hooked up to precision satellites or EMPs or some sort of mind-wave kill device.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope revolutionary...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It will be the same unwavering, religious hating, Darwinian hating, Evolution hating group of individuals that will continue on as long as the internet is up...

ATS will always have the conspiracy theorist waiting in the wings of each catastrophe ready to put their two cents in...there will be those who will troll, infuriate us with their slanted views of social issues.

We will continue to see in the distant future posts that receive dozens of stars and flags despite the post not referencing one morsel of truth..

Discussions around rigged elections will be discussed...

Chemtrails vs. Contrails will be greatly debated

The future is now my friend...nothing will change..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's eveident from the boards what the new generation will be like. Shallow, attention seeking, lack of foresight or thought for others, sensationalist. I would love to have some of the old.members and discussions back but alas the world spins and things change. Ps hopefully they smileys at least change

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
It may be that the next generation of ATS users will continue the trend of brainless twits who think they have it all figured out and want to stand up and beat their chests.

This.
Kids out of school, under 20, with all the answers to all the problems and who have all the world experience of an excited puppy, but who announce their intent to help their friends, family, strangers, etc open their eyes to all the things they are aware of.

All of which will change in the next 20-40 years in many ways.

But it's not limited to ATS... and not limited to now. It's just that now there is the internet, where as before there were university dorms..

edit on 2-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

tallcool1
I have children in the "current" generation (25 and 22) who have the drive to be supporting themselves and not mooch off of me (thankfully, although I would totally support them if they were truly trying)...but they are of the "facebook generation" of overly self obsessed, egocentric lives (i.e. most pictures are "selfies", no grasp of differing opinions, etc). They'll survive perhaps, but they will also have to figure out how to revive the American economy that will fail after years of both neocon wars and invasions and neolib handouts trying to get this generation chained to government from birth to death.
I also have a child of the next generation who is now 12. She is growing up in a world where you are taught that the world owes you something. That you deserve everything you want right now without having to earn it through life as my generation did and the generations before me did. You deserve the same pay as someone who has worked there for over 20 years earns - because it's "not fair".
And it's not really this generation nor the next generations' fault. This is what is being force fed to them in order for - I really don't know, but I'm sure it involves being controlled by the super elite (by whatever name you want to call them), because besides being taught how special they are, thay are also slowly being conditioned to bow to authority and obey without question. I hope they successfully rise up against this control, because the future really is looking bleak - and I really don't want to be an old man in that kind of future.

Now, I could agree with some of that, but I disagree with most of it.

It's got a lot to do with how someone is raised too. I'm over 40, yet I use facebook. I also think that someone who does a hard job, good, deserves the same pay as someone who's doing the same job, bad, but has been there 20 years. I don't accept someone sitting down saying "I've done this 20 years, you don't deserve the same as me." - if someone can do the same job, they get the same pay.

Elite? It's got more to do with how someone is raised. If your parents are slackers, then you're likely to be a slacker. A lot will raise themselves up, but not all. So the mentality of being owed something can come from who you are raised by, not some elite who wants your soul???

Obey without question.. that's been something going on for easily 20 years as far as I can remember, before that I didn't even care. I certainly did not conform to societal rules, but I dont know that I would have, if I had cared.

We are not at a pinnacle. We are just right now. Same as the past, and same as will be in the future. Every generation will say "Well, this is it, look at it.. all down hill from here."

It's why US kids end up saying YOU KIDS..

the elites... god help the next generation when they're filled with paranoia before they get to even see for themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Even more ignorant, paranoid and superstitious than this one, probably.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by billyvonhelvete

Sorry to tell you but this website is already censored for political reasons.

Its too late.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

sn0rch
Now, I could agree with some of that, but I disagree with most of it.

It's got a lot to do with how someone is raised too. I'm over 40, yet I use facebook.

That's fine. I just don't feel the need to spend that much time posting pictures of myself and "liking" random quotes and TV shows. I know that a few people use it for more than that, but not most.

I also think that someone who does a hard job, good, deserves the same pay as someone who's doing the same job, bad, but has been there 20 years. I don't accept someone sitting down saying "I've done this 20 years, you don't deserve the same as me." - if someone can do the same job, they get the same pay.

In that case, which in my experience does happen but is not the norm, I would agree. And I would probably let the long term slacker go and give that job to the new person. But, again from my experience, the younger new hire usually expects to be paid the same without putting in the time. You don't get a raise in pay based on what you claim you can do in the future - you get a raise after you have shown what you can do and when you have consistently done it for a while. And, I'm sorry, if I were the business owner I would reward long term employees who have consistently done the job well over time more than the new kid who has done a good job for a month.

Elite? It's got more to do with how someone is raised. If your parents are slackers, then you're likely to be a slacker. A lot will raise themselves up, but not all. So the mentality of being owed something can come from who you are raised by, not some elite who wants your soul???

That can be true as well, but I think it is more that parents nowadays want to shield their children from experiencing failure or that other people are better at some things. They've grown up with participation trophies so that hard work is not rewarded - just showing up is rewarded. So they grow up expecting life to be handed to them. And it's not just the parents. If you don't see how TPTB are grooming this generation to be dependent on big government, then nothing anyone can say will open your eyes and pull your head out of the sand.

Obey without question.. that's been something going on for easily 20 years as far as I can remember, before that I didn't even care. I certainly did not conform to societal rules, but I dont know that I would have, if I had cared.

We are not at a pinnacle. We are just right now. Same as the past, and same as will be in the future. Every generation will say "Well, this is it, look at it.. all down hill from here."

It's why US kids end up saying YOU KIDS..
I suppose I can agree with this.

the elites... god help the next generation when they're filled with paranoia before they get to even see for themselves.
Again, I can't help you see that there are things to be aware of...but go ahead and believe that everything is sunshine and lollipops.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'd like to see the Next Gen wearing their suits and ties onboard.
Even if they're really just sitting home in comfy jammies or jeans.
(I hope that makes sense.)

top topics

join