It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: "Don't behave in 19th-Century fashion by invading another country on trumped-up pretext."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Krazysh0t

Did it ever occur to you that those articles were just propaganda

Tell that to the Kurds...

Oh, Im sorry....do I need to link evidence that Kurds exist?

edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

THE KURDISH GENOCIDE: THE FACTS

An estimated 1million people in Iraq have ‘disappeared’ since the 1960s, all presumed murdered or missing.
Human Rights Watch reported in its 1993 comprehensive report on Anfal in Iraq that at least 50,000 and possibly as many as 100,000 Kurds are estimated to have been killed at the hands of the Ba’ath regime.1 However, since then, several sources have stated that as many as 182,000 or even more people were killed in that operation
Gendercide: Throughout the Kurdish Anfal, men and boys of ‘battle age’ were rounded up and ‘disappeared’ en masse. Most of these men and boys were captured, transported to mass graves and shot in mass executions. Of the total victims of Anfal, an estimated 70% were men, approximately aged 15 to 50.2
Thousands of women and children also vanished. Unlike the men, however, they were taken from specific areas as opposed to throughout the region. Evidence also shows that many were taken to internment camps where they were executed or died from deprivation.3
During the 1980s, the Kurdish population was attacked with chemical weapons, killing thousands of men, women and children indiscriminately.
During the Anfal, 90% of Kurdish villages and more than 20 small towns and cities were completely destroyed

uk.krg.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I expect a real leader to admit when he (or his government) screws up. I've already said that. Beleive itt or not, it has happened before. Just because that isn't the norm anymore doesn't mean we should accept those comments. Kerry's comment makes the US look utterly ridiculous, maybe even worse then if he had said nothing. I understand the need to make a statement, but if that statement makes you look worse then if you said nothing, then just stay quiet.

By the way, opinions of civilians outside the US are irrelevant. The only opinions that matter are the ones who make the decisions. Afterall they are the ones who can push the button.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Thanks. Its reassuring to see someone actually familiar with the atrocities committed against the Kurds.

Having conspiracy-theorists tell them "Saddam had no WMD" must be really humiliating to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Maybe I'm in the total minority but I believe that Iraq DID at one point have WMDs, I just believe they were either A. hidden (never found) or B. Given to another country once the US made their invasion... Just because the US never found WMDs doesn't mean they never existed in the country...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Krazysh0t, most people around the world are not ATS type members who dive in deep, like us, into political and conspiracy-like matters. Most citizens are those who are sheep who enjoy the spoon-fed dribble they receive from their politicians and the media... When they address the world like this they understand that there is a small faction of people who understand that everything they are saying is utter BS, but they also know that the small faction I'm speaking of has a relatively small voice that very few listen to. So in their eyes, I'm sure they aren't concerned about the small minority of people who call BS by his press conference.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Krazysh0t

Did it ever occur to you that those articles were just propaganda

Tell that to the Kurds...

Oh, Im sorry....do I need to link evidence that Kurds exist?

Didn't I tell you not to talk down to me? The fact you are equating the knowledge and existence of a group of people with the knowledge that YOU admitted isn't even talked about anymore just shows your lack of respect for my intelligence as well as my call for you to prove your claim. Stop being so pissed off because I decided to call youout and demand that you back up a claim. Just do it when asked. You don't come off as such an ass that way and people are more willing to have discourse with you.

I notice you failed to address my point about you being wrong and Rumsfeld had nothing to do with the sale of those chemical weapons, yet your derisive attitude continued.

ETA: I never said you were wrong about your claims. I just asked you to prove them. That isn'tthe same thing as disbelief, I jusg wanted to make sure you wweren't making anything up. Looks like I was well justified since part of your claim wasn't true.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

jhn7537
Maybe I'm in the total minority but I believe that Iraq DID at one point have WMDs, I just believe they were either A. hidden (never found) or B. Given to another country once the US made their invasion... Just because the US never found WMDs doesn't mean they never existed in the country...

Exactly. I've heard from intel types I know that they were most likely moved to Syria.

Regardless. We know he had chemical weapons. He used them on the Kurds. They just didn't magically disappear.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

NavyDoc, anti-US types just love jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon for war... Maybe intelligence pointed them to having WMDs and maybe that intel was right... Just because something hasn't been found never means it never existed.. If I'm not mistaken there are still people searching for Atlantis, right?? And to Iraq, I'm sure in a country filled with deserts and empty land it wouldn't be too hard to hide some bombs.. And I also believe it wouldn't be too hard to hand those bombs off to another country you were allied with.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

BS Kerry! How can a group of protestors topple a democratically elected government by force and then ask for help with anything? The Ukraine government is illegitimate. Russia is in the right on this one! Russia will ensure March 30th elections and peace. In your hand Kerry I am sure the Ukraine would look more like Syria. Sick of this tripe!
edit on 3-3-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by James1982

When China and Russia have a Vote in the Security Council it pretty much can mean they are members of NATO when the vote they cast pretty much means whether NATO can attack.

Unless they dont want that, which means they arent part of NATO for a reason, or its because we dont want them in NATO which could be another discussion all together.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok, in a sense your right. But there are plenty of agreements or "understandings" that Russia is a part of NATO.

Now, to your insulting request, I disagree.

No dude, just no. You're completely wrong. Russia and China have nothing to do with NATO. NATO is the NORTH ATLANTIC treaty organization. It's pretty much all of North Ameirca and Europe, no China, No Russia. They have zero say in anything that does on with NATO.

The security council is at the UN, a wholly different organization. Pretty much the entire world has a seat at the UN, and if you look at history that should give you a pretty good idea of how impotent the UN is when it comes to this type of thing.

Instead of being insulted by my question, maybe you should think about putting a little more research into things you feel the need to discuss? Because not only did you state an absolute falsehood you went on to argue with me and defend your wrong viewpoint. They aren't in NATO, that's a fact, if you can't grasp that why would anyone take something you say seriously? Honest question, not an insult.
edit on 3-3-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thanks for the laugh OP. I needed one today.

America is the new stand-up comic of planet earth it seems. Or John Kerry is, at least. What a joke!

That being said, in honesty, I don't think Russia is much better really. They play this stupid antagonistic game with the world's people as much as any other remorseless imperial government of this fair planet. China, Russia, Israel, the U.S., the U.K. etc... they're all just pathetic nationalist pawns of a sadistic & violent authoritarian agenda. Willing servants of a small and concentrated manifestation of evil among men. Screw all imperialist governments I say; whatever their ethnicity or political affiliation or religious inheritance. Evil is evil no matter how many flags or holy books or sugar-coated lies it hides behind.

Those poor Ukrainians
when will this madness end? Ever? When the world is burnt to charred rock & ash?

Whatever. I could rant on, but what's the point.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The smoking gun? Scientists discover a 30,000 year old super virus in Siberia..... like Slayer said in another post please leave the children out of this some of us are getting rather green with anger..

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-3-2014 by WhiteAlaska because: Its going beyond the boundaries of humankind reason.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
rofl....
Oh the irony of it all. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I understand your reaction OP but it's nothing new, and not very surprising, so don't burn yourself with such propaganda. Even on Syria, Kerry was behaving like a total hypocrite. Don't forget that Kerry 's from the Skulls and Bones.

He did some awesome activism 20-25 years ago but he seems to have become completely burned out or else under total mind control since the Bush years. He rather looks lie a zombie these days.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Bush was the one who was responsible for the invasion of Iraq, along with his republican supporters. Kerry likely did not support the action, although I don't actually remember to be honest. So before you claim hypocrisy, I would just urge you to double check his personal stance on the issue before condemning him. But like I said, I don't really remember.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I watched that this morning and had to rewind it a few times just to make sure I wasn't on the Comedy channel, or Jon Stewart ( who incidentally had no problem utilizing this material for comic relief ). What the world needs now is to stop hating the puppets in the show and look to the masters of them and their psychotic scripts. The cost of admission to this production may well be more than most patrons will pay. As for Kerry's Orwellian rhetoric ... fire your script writer ... or get one. Our memory of past events seems to be stronger than your doublespeak.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Didn't I tell you not to talk down to me?

I don't mean to talk down to you. I am wary of genocide-denial, thats all.

The point was made, so I`ll stop taking on it now.

Nonetheless, you will see the majority of posts and threads on this repeating the same false information over and over.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If you agree with a politician it becomes a oral contract. People get sued for breach of contract all the time.
edit on 4-3-2014 by mattsawaufo because: wrong legal term

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

He knows Americans are 3rd world dumbarses. So he uses blatant lies and hypocrisy. Americans are too busy watching casting couch sluts get some perverted lesbian to host a self gratuitous award show for casting couch faggots, lesbians and all round perverts.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
WOW!??! Embarrassing to have morons like this represent all Americans. Really? Has any informed him what we Americans have been up to the past decade? I wonder if he knows we have a black president?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join