It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: "Don't behave in 19th-Century fashion by invading another country on trumped-up pretext."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The yanks are so unbelievably hypocritical; its just stunning!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Fett Pinkus
The yanks are so unbelievably hypocritical; its just stunning!

To be fair its the goverment thats being hypocritical. I think most yanks with any significant number of brain cells also know how ridiculous this all is.

In my expericance theres a huge diffrence between Americans and MeriKans.
edit on 2-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Reading this thread, it's almost as you all think that Kerry was president when we invaded Iraq. Yes, he was one of the 76 that voted to give the president the power to do it. However, his position on Iraq (although shaky and inconsistent) has always been more passive and diplomacy-driven than what we got from bush. You guys are talking like he pulled the trigger, when we all know that Iraqi blood is mainly on the Bush administration's hands.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
lol.... where has Kerry been since the 1800's. ?

Vietnam, as I recall.

Gulf of Tonkin, anyone?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just cause the US may have done it back in the early 2000's doesn't give any country free reign to do it now. When people don't educate themselves on history it is always bound to repeat itself. I wish Kerry would have came out and admitted to the US mistake in waging war off false pretenses and then state Russia should not follow down the same path they once did. I think that would resonate much better with a lot of you on this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadGhost

Just a general observation here but we're not in the Middle East at the moment, for focus. This isn't Iraq and we're coming up on 6 long years past the Bush years. This is Eurasia or Eastern Europe as I've been told it may be equally called. Remember the big Reset?

It seems the big red button is taking on a bit darker meaning since this administration 'reset' relations with Russia. In fact, we seem to be in the dumps for it, and worst position I've really seen since Carter/Reagan.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

la2
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Exactly, for the first time in a very long time, US and UK can't take the moral high ground, we are just as bad as everyone else, and now we face a country that can defend itself.

There. This. Well said!

"I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."
-Barack Obama

Our countries used to have a modicum of integrity, honor, values, ethics.

Lately? Not so much. . . . .

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yea, I won't invade Iraq on presumptions nor Afghanistan. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bring back Kissinger.
He' was the one who understood how to negotiate compromises with people who had weapons in hand and interests which needed protecting.
Striking moral attitudes in public is not the way to do it.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
lol.... where has Kerry been since the 1800's. ?

Smedley Butler.. great man but few read of him.

USA is now a complete in your face HYPOCRITE nation.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

qwerty12345
Yea, I won't invade Iraq on presumptions nor Afghanistan. /sarcasm

of Vietnam, or half of central/south America last century.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To be fair to Kerry here, he wasn't the one who decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, that was Bush and his regime, and to date, Obama and Kerry and the rest of their crew have not waged war on another country based off false reports. So why can't Kerry say what he said? He didn't call for the strike on Iraq, but once it was decided, like all members of the Govt. they had to jump on board.. Are we going to punish any and every leader from now on because of the crap Bush pulled more then a decade ago?
edit on 2-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Isn't that what the U.S. did in Iraq?
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Don't forget about Afghanistan. Same old tricks. They sold it to the American people as ridding the country of the Taliban, which was a total lie. They wanted access to OIL, via a pipeline through Afghanistan. The people or the presence of the Taliban and Al Queda was nothing but an excuse to invade and occupy Afghanistan.

But I totally agree with the sentiment....the US is indeed the biggest hypocrit in the world. Disgusting but anything but shocking.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
just think
if not for a chimp hacking a voting machine
Kerry would have been PRESIDENT

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

crazyewok
To be fair its the goverment thats being hypocritical. I think most yanks with any significant number of brain cells also know how ridiculous this all is.

In my expericance theres a huge diffrence between Americans and MeriKans.
edit on 2-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I agree.
Still... this is the ultimative IQ test for them... and everyone really.
This insulting impudence should be political suicide for Kerry. If "the public" just eats this, then they don't deserve better.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Don't behave in 19th-Century fashion by invading another country on trumped-up pretext.

You couldn't make it up , what short memories they must have

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Once again, John Kerry was not behind invading Iraq and Afghanistan it was Bush and his cronies... If we go far enough back in time, then I'm sure we can call EVERY leader in the world a hypocrite at some point.. Obama and Kerry have not invaded any countries off false reports, or have I missed some war that they've waged that I for some reason missed?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
PALEEEEEEZE...Stop with Hypocrisy
/That is all

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
America clarifies things for the Russian invaders

edit on 2-3-2014 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Indeed and if it wasn't for Iraq, the the UK at least would be able to take the high ground, as we only get involved when either asked to or if forced upon us. People forget all the good things that Western countries (Sierra Leone, Balkans etc) have done and seem to be focussing on one very bad cock-up from a pair of buffoons in the early 00's.

All the while Russia has form over the past decade of rustling up trouble in other countries with Russian speaking populations, then sending in the troops under the pretext of "protecting" those Russian's from the inevitable response from the other Government's forces.

This Ukraine crisis is a repeat, on a larger scale, of Georgia in 2008. They ended up losing a good chunk of their country to de facto Russian control and despite UN mediation attempts, the Russian's aren't giving it back.

This is in direct violation of the UN Charter and is as good a reason for War as you'll find, yet nothing was done. If we do that again, Russia will be let off the leash and we'll either have to let them have their way forever, or face off to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join