It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine orders full military mobilisation over Russia moves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ukraine has ordered a full military mobilisation in response to Russia's build-up of its forces in Crimea.

Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Ukraine was "on the brink of disaster".

In Crimea, Ukrainian soldiers faced off with Russian soldiers surrounding their bases while the Russian army is said to be digging trenches on the border with mainland Ukraine.

Source: BBC NEWS UPDATED 4 Min's Ago

Ukraine orders full military mobilisation over Russia moves

So Ukraine is upping the gear and Ukrainian troops should now be mobilizing for conflict.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

I think it's a smart move if your country was being invaded by 'Mysterious soldiers'

edit on 2-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Mobilize with what?

Ukrainian troops are switching sides:

and ...

Ukrainian Navy Flagship turns sides:

Looks like we see a divided country along ethic lines ...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Exactly, it's like a whirlwind of information out there I guess some have switched sides but how many? Whoever remains on the Ukrainian side is another.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

I expect NATO mobilization, hold on to your seats

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

all2human
reply to post by Guenter

I expect NATO mobilization, hold on to your seats

Doesn't it strike you a bit odd that it is 2014 - (1914)

just a funny feeling. Back when all the 2012 hype was I have always claimed that 2012 is just a "Number" that simply ends a time cycle. That a new thinking - (not just a NWO) - might force some big clashes ahead of us. I looked at the last 3 centuries and always found the big wars begin at the beginning of the new century.

1800's Napoleon with the final kill in 1815 at Waterloo ...
1900's WW-1 1914 - 18
2000's well we shall see.

However all the ones before also began with minor revolutions, a bit "small wars" that kind of gave one an idea where one had influence and then the final show down ...

However in other threads right now we see several postings on the Banksters and how they manipulate politics. The Ukraine is like a so much fly in your face Bankster set up. Its not Russia vs. the USA/NATO, its Russia vs. the IMF

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

If NATO does intervene does that mean? NATO troops on the ground?

Would it be a NATO peacekeeping mission between Crimea and Ukrainian Government?

Wouldn't that really upset Russia? Big No NO

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

deviant300
reply to post by all2human

If NATO does intervene does that mean? NATO troops on the ground?

Would it be a NATO peacekeeping mission between Crimea and Ukrainian Government?

Wouldn't that really upset Russia? Big No NO

That would be one big "ooops".
See my post above! I said it is an IMF war. So far the only countries they have not yet really under their thumbs is China and Russia and naturally Iran. I also rule out a nuke use. Can't "# on your own dinner-plate". Because after all it is the oil, gas, gold and you name it they are after in Russia. Hard too mine if the damn Geiger counter goes off the scale.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

In a kafuffle with Russia, best not cite the Russian authority's propaganda mouthpiece (RT.com) as any reliable source for your facts!

On the OP. Russia is being almost worryingly predictable, with bully-boy tactics. No wonder all the old Soviet satellite states turned West as soon as the last Russian left. Ukraine is just another "old dependent" looking to leave Russia's corrupt and stifling grasp. These actions merely hasten the speed by which it will happen.

However, NATO is not going to mobilise to defend a non-member, no matter what people on these Boards want to believe. What may happen is sanctions against Russia and other economic pressure to make this type of behaviour very costly and uncomfortable. Whatever happens now, Russia has lost any moral legitimacy and leadership in this affair. Russia has insinuated themselves as the problem, rather than a broker in a solution.

Regards

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

paraphi
reply to post by Guenter

In a kafuffle with Russia, best not cite the Russian authority's propaganda mouthpiece (RT.com) as any reliable source for your facts!

And the western MSM is more reliable and not a mouthpiece for the IMF and the Banksters? RT might not be the best, but at least it tells the parts the west is NOT reporting. RT is fast and updates often as the news break. So it is not GPS navigation in this sense but it is a general direction finder. At least RT is the Russian AUTHORITY mouthpiece and not as like the western MSM the Private Bankster's one.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

paraphi
reply to post by Guenter

Since you like more "Solid" information and do not believe in RT as a reliable source. Maybe this link will help. Something the western MSM also seems to forget:

LINK :

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ukraine's newly appointed Navy Chief of Staff "defects" to the Crimean "government"

Oh dear...
edit on 2/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

stumason
Ukraine's newly appointed Navy Chief of Staff "defects" to the Crimean "government"

Oh dear...

There we go! it will be a divided country. Seem the Ukrainian Military is not playing Latin American Junta CIA Lapdog ...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
God I hope these people have guns.

The mysterious soldiers make me sick.

Way to go, Putin.

# 185

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A very bad situation coming down to a brinkmanship point of no return. The latest news says that the Russians have surrounded a Ukraine base not allowing anyone in or out.

If the pro-West Ukraine leaders wish to provoke the Russians all they need to do is to order their troops to file out with weapons in hand prepared to shoot if they are fired upon. Regardless of who fired the first shoot or the outcome, that skirmish would be a very legitimate spark in the views of the West to engage themselves fully.

I don't trust either side to be wise enough to find a sensible solution. Putin sees himself as shirtless on that white horse and Obama wants to repeat his shrinking posture in the White House Situation Room and later slink off to bed as he did during the Benghazi affair.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Guenter

stumason

Oh dear...

There we go! it will be a divided country. Seem the Ukrainian Military is not playing Latin American Junta CIA Lapdog ...

No they are playing Russian lapdog and made deals to move into control of what will be a Russian puppet state in Crimea.

As for the Ukraine even if only half of Ukraines reserves showed up it would put them at equal size with Russia's active duty forces. They will also be backed up by the pro western militias. This makes any chance of Russia invading Ukraine not possible without Russia calling outs its reserves. Even then neither the Russian nor Ukraine militaries are in very good shape. The same poor training, poorly kept up equipment, phantom troops, and other results of massive corruption Russian forces face has infected the Ukraines military as well although to a lesser degree. Ukraine would be able to defend but, would not be able do much in an offensive way. Russia has the same problem. Once you move beyond their eiite units Russia's forced are poorly motivated and racked with desertions. They would be willing to defend Russia or move against an easy foe but, give them a real fight and they are just as likely to go home as the are the front.

As for a NATO mobilization it would not be needed. Russian active duty forces are less than 800K troops. Turkey alone has over 600K active duty troops, the US 1.5 million and the rest of NATO over 1 million. Even if Russia call in it reserves they are still outnumbered by NATOs active duty forces. And NATO has a nearly 4 to 1 ration in combat aircraft with Russia. In other words Russia is not looking to start a war.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

paraphi
reply to post by Guenter

Considering that there is propaganda flowing from most sources on all sides, better to look at all the sources to try to get an accurate picture and not eliminate one just because they are "the other guy". RT isn't the only source of propaganda here.

top topics

join