It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING NEWS** UK pulls out of talks ahead of G8 summit in Sochi over Russia's actions in Ukrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Source BBC News: I will keep this thread updated as this is fresh from BBC News Source and ITV News.

It seems the UK has pulled out of the G8 Summit and I can only guess who else will be pulling out?

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 2-3-2014 by deviant300 because: Source:

Source: www.itv.com...
edit on 2-3-2014 by deviant300 because: Sources

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Probably, because of the Ukrainian situation, the Summit will just be delayed by a couple or few months. So "pulling out" is just a pr statement right now.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
so wat???????
less bla bla that cost to much money...with never results
again:
never mess in superpowers backyards...
Cuba nearly ended up in ww3....thousends miles from the us...
krim is really russia's backdoor
edit on 2-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes William Hague (British Foreign Secretary) said this on the news just now, just before he visits the newly unelected & undemocratic government of Ukraine after the elected president was forced out by pro-european thugs & sheeple.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully

you spelt imf bankers wrong
just sayin

but hey, they are runnin the US and britian pretty good

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Danbones

you spelt imf bankers wrong
just sayin

but hey, they are runnin the US and britian pretty good

HA HA HA ...i like it.....is that runnig ot ruining the US and Britain..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Exactly, The poor Russians are merely defending pipelines themselves against a much smaller sovereign nation obviously aggressive and potentially overwhelming menace by putting boots on the ground in the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The situation is not improving. Dividing lines are being drawn and this should be a long term concern. What happens to all the people who sided with Russia instead of Ukraine. Are they going to become a refugee crisis?

Now we add this economic pressure to Putin's decision making process. Is he willing to accept an aura of impotence after his run of luck against Obama*? Or, is he going for a protracted win, stepping in only when 'it's called for?'

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I vaguely remember many talking heads in Washington back in the day justifying certain military actions in a very similar manner. Those were wrong but this is ok right?

Economic pressure and saving face eh?

If those people identify so much with Russia then why not simply cross the border? More likely if this isn't peaceably solved there will be a split and I'm sure nobody will be happy then either.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It also saves Hague the nuisance of going on record and having to explain WEIRD STUFF BRITAIN GETS UP TO NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT for the press or any other country.

Pretty cheap tactic not having to face anybody, he should be at least the caliber of all the statesmen who should be present, it is his job to go to these things and waffle, thats what hes paid for. Id get sacked for doing that. And that joker is pretty much in charge of us lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Everyone knows those cowards are above the law though, and live by their own set of rules. Which are basically do whatever you want, and blame those who are in no position to fight back, and deflect the consequences onto them.

Which is all this war will end up doing in the long run. Greedy energy corporations are going to profit even more from all of this. Watch next winter, prices will go up a disproportionate amount, then when the following accounts are released, it will show record profits yet again. The rising wholesale prices from the war will be blamed, and the poor will freeze. The regulators will promise to do something again, and nothing will happen, as has happened every damn #ing year since I can remember.

Thousands of Ukranians will die for all of this, let's hope it doesn't spread. The people of this world need to kill every single corrupt politician and businessperson involved in this madness. No imprisonment, just death. Wasting resources keeping these dangerous animals alive is pointless, and while they are alive they can still manipulate and influence weak people. Nothing short of complete eradication will do. # the rules, they created the rules we currently live by to protect themselves from what they deserve.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Mate I can pretty much see everything from the West of China straight through Asia Minor to the Caucus is going to be a barren indiscriminate radiation zone only fit the global corporations automated miner bots. Essentialy a world of total anarchy where only the most effective of criminal super cartels or government security agents will operate.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Snarl

I vaguely remember many talking heads in Washington back in the day justifying certain military actions in a very similar manner. Those were wrong but this is ok right?

Economic pressure and saving face eh?

It is an expert argument. No denying that.

If those people identify so much with Russia then why not simply cross the border? More likely if this isn't peaceably solved there will be a split and I'm sure nobody will be happy then either.

I wouldn't if I lived in Crimea. You'd have to move me with a crane. It is IMVHO one of the most beautiful areas of the world. Everyone gets all excited over its strategic military value, but it's really just a nice place to be. I'd go live there myself if they'd just start speaking English.

new topics

top topics

join