It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-18 down at Fallon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

There are multiple facilities under the Strike Warfare Center including Top Gun.

It will be at least several days until we have the pilot's name. They have to recover the remains then notify the family.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

OK..
The wait must be surely unbearable to the family..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They've got a lot of support around them. When we lost a helo crew, the entire base had the word before it even was officially announced, and the families were already rallying, even without being sure who it was.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Good to have that support. Hopefully they get all they need

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Oh the families take care of their own, trust me. They'll have everything they need for as long as they need it.

The name of the pilot will be announced tomorrow it looks like. The update earlier said the name would be withheld for 24 hours.
edit on 3/2/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The pilot was a Marine at Fallon for Top Gun training . The crash and this story are not a cover up for anything and the pain the family is enduring is real. His wife and children are surrounded by love and support. We are doing everything we can to be sure they are all cared for. Please show his family respect by not speculating about the situation. Kind thoughts and prayers are welcomed.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ottavino

Have they confirmed that he didn't get out? I haven't seen anything across the wire about it, and the coverage is drying up already.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The pilot is dead

NBC

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I used to go camping in the mountains next to the bombing range out by Fallon NAS.

Got to watch them drop bombs...Was pretty awesome.

From what I can tell the pilot died. May God rest his soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join