It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange & Unexplained Symbols on My Granddaughter's Calves.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starfire2453

Did she find them and come to you about them? Or did you find them

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Mr Mask

starfire2453
reply to post by WhiteAlice

She is 17 and like I said, she does not write on herself. Also, these will not come off or even fade in the slightest!
Trust me, we have tried!!

This can not be possible, since you can clearly see they are from a stamped chemical.

Meaning, you are not being honest here.

The marks are obviously left by a chemical that has been applied/stamped intentionally or by accident.

Either way, it will fade if scrubbed. Saying it won't, and that you have tried, its not possible. Even an industry strength dye or marker would fade if scrubbed. The only way it would not "fade" if scrubbed, was if it was under the skin. And it is not.

Sorry, but this story is obviously not fully honest.

MM

edit on 1-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

It is not conclusive that it is a STAMP. However it looks as though it is a corner of a grate or rack or some sort of equipment that was applied to by accident, dipped or exposed to a chemical and it could have been the leaned up against or she put it on her lap while wearing shorts. and in that case it would be kind of like a stamp but not in the type you were thinking.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by Mr Mask

You are not being 100% honest, since ALL chemicals that glow under backlights are easy to remove.

The post above yours says just the opposite. She said they are hard to remove.

Just looked it up, three places i found how to remove, they suggest everything from bleach to paint removers.
It does not sound easy. Plus there are kinds meant to stay on for tracking your belongings in case they are stolen, they are even harder to get off.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

If it is absorbed into the skin it wont come off that easily.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
can you get some strong Hydrogen peroxide from your hairdresser? Not the 3% kind you get at walmart but the type they bleach hair with.

That will sink into the skin and turn it skin and all white as white. don't worry though after about 30minutes the white will slowly go back to normal skin color except for the contaminating agent it will dissolve it.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

starfire2453
reply to post by Mr Mask

I was being a bit sarcastic when I said surgery. I know there are always going to be sceptics and we can't all believe in everything we see or hear but this is really happening to her and it is you prerogative to believe or disbelieve.
I just know what is happening here and was searching for anyone who may know what this was. That is all, it is that simple.

Look…lets break this down like adults.

The marks are obviously a single instrument being repeatedly pressed to the skin by accident or intentionally. It is the same brand mark from the same utensil…over and over.

You say it won't fade in the slightest no matter how hard you try and that there is nothing in the house that would leave a glowing mark on anyone. Lets look at common things that glow under black light and see how unlikely it is that none of these things are present in your home.

Petroleum jelly, club soda or tonic water, body fluids such as urine or semen, vitamin A and B, Chlorophyll, antifreeze fluid, laundry detergents, tooth whiteners and postage stamps.

Now…once again…there is not ONE SINGLE CHEMICAL that glows under black light in the entire known world, that would "not fade in the slightest" after a good scrub. Yes, some things may take days to over a week to vanish, but nothing known to man will "not fade even in the slightest" under a hard scub.

You have used lingo that shows you are very versed in conspiracy topics of the occult and the supernatural. Your shared info is all over the place and bringing up things like "ghosts in my house cause couples to break up" and "ghosts slap my dog".

You are telling me…a grown man…a father…that you are terrified over marks that glow on a kid…when they glow green like most novelty black light reactive pens and washes. And that there is no physical way to make them fade…when it shows clearly they do fade…most of the marks are faded.

Now…the reason why some are darker or lighter may not be fade…but more likely they are reapplied stamp marks of the utensil used. each stamp getting less and less chemical on the skin.

Your story is chemically impossible.

Your reaction is typically strange for an adult (assuming ghosts before assuming a typical reasoning).

You are openly asking "strangers on the internet" to come and verify the marks at your home…where children live…without fear…while you fear marks that are very probably a gift-shop novelty.

This entire thing is absolutely not believable.

I am convinced this is a hoax, and I am now leaving this thread to allow it to run towards it inevitable conclusion.

I'm sorry…anyone who found these marks on a child would assume the kid got some chemical on his/her sock and it left a printed image. That is all ANYONE would think…not "a ghost is doing this".

Thanks for the fun time. Welcome to ATS.

MM

edit on 1-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

If it is absorbed into the skin it wont come off that easily.

I am not talking about removing the stain. The OP has stated more than once, she has tried very hard to remove them and they do not "fade even in the slightest". Even dyes used by our authorities to track criminals and theft will "fade in the slightest" if scrubbed hard.

I've been very clear in defining that detail and not saying "it should be easy to completely wash off".

MM

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by nightstalker78

honestly,I think it's some kind of stamp.

Very likely, but the question is who stamped her IF she truly does not know it was done, this seems to have been redone over time many times.

I tend to think she was either leaning against it or had it in her lap and she or it shifted a few times and each impression had less and less of the chemical hence the lighter each consecutive impression got until it was all soaked into her leg. She may have gotten it from the hospital or medical lab as the OP states she has had some physical problems with her back and stuff.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I still think it looks drawn on. The way the tips come to a point and that they rotate between 4 and 3 lines on them. If it were stamps they are using different ones. It could be like another said being pressed up against something but that is hard to tell w/ just one picture.

Basically what you are saying is that if it is not a paranormal explanation you don't want to hear it. I grew up in a haunted house. I will be last one to tell you that your house isn't haunted or you are crazy but not everything has to be paranormal. Her reaction to this is bizarre and you never seem to address that. The whole thing is creepy at best right now. There is nothing to promote such a response. I've shown you chemicals that are hard to wash off, you said some are faded and right now invisible ink is the most likely suspect.

Just because your house may be haunted doesn't mean everything that happens within it is paranormal. My concern here is her response to this. You seem to be more concerned with proving she's special and that your home is haunted by finding out what these symbols are then you are about comforting her. Wouldn't it be best to tell her that maybe it was something dye or invisible ink so she calms down instead of feeding her fears? That's why I'm betting on something fishy going on here.

edit on 1-3-2014 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by starfire2453

Despite her love and how special she is I have learned that young girls fall to pressure and tell you what you want to hear. Learn to listen with your head and not your heart. Then you will be OK.

Let me know when you learn where she got them. Probly some prank or initiation gone bad.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

starfire2453
reply to post by Mister_Bit

.... I know as I was very into it when I was a teenager.

Yeah. I think this admission tells all.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I used to get bruise marks on my legs that looked a lot like that. from sitting on my hands too much when they got cold. It took me forever to figure out what they were, but I never guessed it was something supernatural. They were uniform and some were more faded than others because it happened over and over.
it does look like she sat on the same object over and over. Or maybe it's a fungus growing on a comb she inadvertently sits on....
edit on 2-3-2014 by Angel Marie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wow. this is strange indeed. I've spent about an hour combing through symbols and languages and have only found one that comes close but it's not really right either. There are people here that have extremely deep knowledge of symbols and ciphers. I'm hoping one of them will happen along. In the meantime..
sorry- am exhausted-lol. here is the link for above photo: people of Nok

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Two things.

First, to those people saying it's a club stamp... how many clubs have you been to where people are stamped on their calves? Seriously? The stamp goes on the hand or wrist, always. That's a hell of a stretch.

Speaking of stretch, it was mentioned that the girl's calves sometimes swell to twice their normal size. Is it possible that these marks are stretch marks that aren't normally visible? It would explain the shape and the fact that the marks can't be washed off.

When her legs swell, is there any sort of instrument or wrap placed on her legs at the hospital?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm also not convinced that these marks aren't from shaving. Do the streaks in the "symbols" follow the direction of her razor when she shaves her legs? If so, I'd say that's the culprit and it's localized for some reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just wondering how many posters here ? went and checked
themselves for any alien florescent markings ? If you did,
consider yourself a tin-hatter

Sales . . . in black lights are going to go up (face-palm)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Check the clothes she wears with the black light...See if it could have transferred...This would show that at some point in time the mark is from some kind of ink...

Almost looks like she could have gotten them from a bus seat...Something where her legs would come in contact...Anywhere she sits down...Something she sat on at school???

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The blacklight was something I got for her and it did not come with pens or anything else except for the batteries. She had wanted to get the blacklight posters for her room and a bigger light but now wants nothing to do with anything blacklight! This is very frightening to her! She refused to sleep alone after finding those symbols and slept with me. She hasn't slept with me since she was 4 yrs old!

I say if you believe that you are allowed to indulge in such fantasy then I am allowed to indulge in the fantasy of your absolute destruction on the grounds of crimes against consensuality!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

It is not conclusive that it is a STAMP. However it looks as though it is a corner of a grate or rack or some sort of equipment that was applied to by accident, dipped or exposed to a chemical and it could have been the leaned up against or she put it on her lap while wearing shorts. and in that case it would be kind of like a stamp but not in the type you were thinking.

Actually sir, I meant exactly what you mean as a "stamp" and not some store bought hand stamp. Meaning, an object that has left an identifiable "stamping".

And yes, I agree it looks like someone sat on something. I would check chair legs, or where the child sits with her legs pressing against. Maybe a sticker or a paint mark there. Or check the socks of the child (if the socks ride high enough) or check whatever the child last had with her when she was sitting with her legs in the crossed position.

But ya…to clear things up…I did not mean "a stamp" as purchased as "a stamp and ink pad".

MM

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Starcrossd
Wow. this is strange indeed. I've spent about an hour combing through symbols and languages and have only found one that comes close but it's not really right either.

How is it strange that random marks left by a novelty ink or paint, fail to show connection to symbols in language?

Is that really strange? Did you expect these markings to provide an esoteric meaning?

Did you really spend hours of your life seeking to see this and then end up shocked that they didn't?

Tell me why anyone would even consider the most illogical explanation over the most logical. Why would ANYONE see a mark on themselves and assume it is paranormal over accidental and normal?

And did you actually use the word "wow" over your search results?

Wow…

MM
edit on 2-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You said your daughter cares for two puppies and two adult dogs, right? We'll puppies jumping and scratching calves is normal behavior. Add to that that puppies have all kind of stuff on their nails, urine, fungus, yucky from the yard.... Also bigger puppies can cause light bruises.... If I were you I would check out the pets paws with the black light also their beds, floors around their beds, toys, everything that they come into contact with.

Edit to add: Also shine the light in her UGGs, they're made from sheep's skin and wool, who knows what they treat those with? If you don't find anything there shine the light in her dresser drawers and desk drawers.
edit on 3/2/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join