It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange & Unexplained Symbols on My Granddaughter's Calves.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would think it could be from the ugg boots or from someones chair at school, like them stamping it at school, and her sitting there, or something.

I think it could be something simple. Though I don't doubt her being freaked out, or you guys being concerned and looking at every possibility.

Let us know when you figure it out! It is hopefully something innocent.

I have been through a lot of freaky things though, so now I am curious to buy a black light and check myself out...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

starfire2453
reply to post by ChesterJohn

When I say we checked everything.....I mean "WE CHECKED EVERYTHING"!!
And, she doesn't carry a purse and the bag she uses for her books my mother made for her on her sewing machine. There are no dyes or labels that would cause those markings.
edit on 1-3-2014 by starfire2453 because: changed a word

No I am thinking she may have went to a store where they were reloding the pens they mark bills with and spilt some of it and she set her bag on it, even the one you mother made can be contaminated.

Think of things she would during the course of her day she would set on her lap. Even a cat or dog could have it on them and transfer it to her.

It is all forms of deduction to eliminated the obvious first. It is in her lap area so that would be logical to think of things that are in the lap, a lunch tray, anything .

Tel her to take the UV lamp with her and check areas at school that she sits at or places where she leans forward and may come in contact with her leg.

edit on 1-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I saw that and I was actually trying to reply to him. That was not meant for you and I am so very sorry I posted to you. I hope you can forgive me.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starfire2453

How did she suddenly see them when they only show up under UV?

Look like the black light tats my nephew has, only less artistic.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Also, as I have said in other replies, she was home from school all week sick and did not leave the house.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
it has a grill type pattern and it is repetitious. I would say a tray or something, like the corner of a tray has been saturated and it came in contact with her either by leaning on it or setting it in her lap.

Does she work?

what would be able to get to her skin and not affect her clothing?

Does she wear shorts or short skirts at times for sports or work?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

starfire2453

Also, as I have said in other replies, she was home from school all week sick and did not leave the house.

If it is as permanent as you have found in trying to remove it these could have been there for weeks already.

so what activities does she do before she was home.

Do you have lemons in your home?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here is an interesting story that really happened to me
Its a bit creepy but bare with it.

Every morning for about a week I would wake up and scratch the area just above my ankle and below my calf, on the back of my left leg.
Nearly every morning there would be scratches up to about 10cm long, straight and fresh blood.
On average about 3 to 4 a night, the funny thing is they were not deep and healed reasonably quickly. Not painful at all but always there. Always.
they started forming a v pattern, as they were not painful I didnt invest to much time into them, forgot about them most evenings.
But every morning two or three would appear.
I dont have cats, dogs, live on my own, could see no apparent reason to explain this constant night time scratching.
The scratches were to thin and to straight to have been caused by me.

But as I said I really didnt care about the scratches, until...

One day I felt a little scratch when I kicked up the stand on my motorbike, looked down at my leg and saw just the lightest scratch where the scratches had appeared, bleeding quite a lot.
Yep as simple as that, the stand had been damaged and there was a jagged piece of metal on the stand, it scratched my leg sometimes when I kicked the stand up.

I must get that fixed

I am thinking your daughter, granddaughter is sitting/leaning on something and having the mark transferred on to her leg.

For mine if it is anything demonic there would be other issues in her life. Just have a look around and see what she may be leaning on, school chair, bus chair, sitting in one spot regularly, maybe even suggest she wears long pants for a week and see if it disappears from her leg, or her pants get the phantom mark instead.
For mine I wouldnt be to concerned if its just a mark on her leg.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The light was not what spooked us. I had my entire room done in blacklight when I was a teenager. It's the symbols. And we have an extremely close relationship. If this was something she did or knew about, she would have told me when she saw how upset I got after going over all of the possible explanations with her.
She is so afraid, she is sleeping with me now!
And I do understand that most teenages have an entirely seceret life outside of their home but this girl is always with me when she's not in school. According to my granddaughter, I actually have remained a cool person and I do not handle or react to things like most adults and that is one of the reasons I do have an excellent relationship with her.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

starfire2453
reply to post by evc1shop

We are in Upstate New York and the weather has been brutal here. She wears long pants and Ugg boots. Besides that, she was home all week sick. We found these marks last evening.

okay, got it.
So, if the markings don't easily come off then we can't tell if being home all week means anything at all. They could be 2, 3, 4 or more weeks old then. They do look somewhat fresh though.

Going along with the "she's been home sick" argument, let me ask you the following: Do you have an ottoman or other place where she may have rested her legs while recovering from her sickness? Maybe something on the fabric/covering could have done this.

Is she a cheerleader, I can see someone having something on their hands and it coming into contact with her calves during a routine. Other than that, I don't know how to explain her having those markings there without her knowledge. I know I would be quite aware of something stamping or rubbing on my leg that I was not expecting.

I've got nothing else. I hope you find an answer and I will follow this thread to see.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

She goes to school and grooms dogs in our home. She does not work outside of the home and I have nothing in my house that would cause those markings.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

It is from nothing that we can find in our home and she's been home all week sick with the flu. She has been no where outside of my home for a little over a week now.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just wondering what kind of dog leashes her dogs have.. this could be dent from metallic leash on the skin.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
See if it comes off with soap and water, then try some olive oil. Should come off with the olive oil if it's some sort of dye.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

She is limited to activities in school due to extremely bad back problems and she takes the bus to and from school but this past week has been home with the flu.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
reply to post by Char-Lee

It doesn't appear to be the Monster logo.

Close, but no prize.

pretty good memory you have to think of it. Something keeps making me feel I have seen this...Ha maybe I need to blacklight check myself too!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

I tried all of that...it did nothing. Not even a smidge came off of her skin.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

starfire2453
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sounds like you're in a similar situation. We have no reasonable explanation to these mysterious marking on my granddaughter either.

No just found that on the web, interesting though she sounded sincere.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Now now, I am not saying that she did it to herself. What I am saying is that this could be something she has come into contact with in the normal course of her day.

Definitely not an unreasonable thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The leashes are actually what are know as "Show Leads" and they are white. My one dog Sophie I take out with a red braided leash. Also, the dogs go out in the yard and because of all of the snow up here that haven't been for walks since November.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join