It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Budapest Memorandum” Treaty Signed In 1994 May Commit U.S., Britain To Defend Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

jedi_hamster
or two, it's all going according to the plan, ukraine was never supposed to get any money nor join EU, and those thugs in charge there are just victims like whole ukraine is, and it's all to provoke moscow.

Smart, I hadn't thought of that.. although I was thinking along the same lines. There have been a lot of attempts to provoke Russia lately.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Arnie123
reply to post by crazyewok

---
Pawn?
You contribute to their wealth in more ways then one, now you just need to process into the military to fully seal the deal...
You pay their bills.
You already ARE.
--
This is not about politicians or personal greed, its literally about a nation in need, your mixing the facts up and letting your emotions blind you.

You got valid point there, the treaties put us in dilemma, but we already know the actual reason to enter (if enter), not much about people or nation, but its a "very good reason", compared to other past and current historical records.

To find WMD, LOL, "World Mass Domination" more like it. Now with Ukraine, "for the people!"
seems legit.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

darkbake

jedi_hamster
or two, it's all going according to the plan, ukraine was never supposed to get any money nor join EU, and those thugs in charge there are just victims like whole ukraine is, and it's all to provoke moscow.

Smart, I hadn't thought of that.. although I was thinking along the same lines. There have been a lot of attempts to provoke Russia lately.

well, we're not that far from elections here in poland, and political parties are loosing support because of their stance when it comes to ukraine, yet they all behave like they don't give a damn, including our prime minister.

also, EU and USA don't have to do anything, turkey already said they won't respect any change of power in crimea, and turkey is a NATO member.

there's something dark at play here.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
WW3 is a myth due to the fact that its outcome is already determined mutually assured destruction means just that and we all die a pointless death in the radioactive rubble both patriotic fighter and conscientious objector alike .

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When Janukowitch still governed Ukraine the last weeks, western forces (EU and probably US) threated with sanctions on Ukraine. So this would have been against point three of this memorandum. So it seems to be a rather meaningless paper noone wants to take serious.

There mustn't be much consequences if a international treaty is not respected by anyone. Just as one example: last year Evo Morales presentential plane was not allowed to fly over certain European countries. The countries who did this signed the Treaty of Vienna and just ignored what they signed with this incident. There was not any outcry in western media about it, neither is there any about this meaningless memorandum (apart from maybe a few exceptions).
edit on 2-3-2014 by Fenrin because: added a example how meaningless international treaties can be

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm a former US Marine 0311 with more then 4 tours of OIF/OEF under my belt
reply to post by Brotherman

Thats unfortunate, because up until you, every Marine I've met was a person of honor, bravery and integrity that honored the sacrifices of the fallen foreign troops that served next to them. T & C violation be damned. You are a disgrace to your uniform and the Corps.

When was the last time anyone paid the US "aid" for I don't know anything?

Ridiculous statement. Why would any ally PAY the US to go and fight and die for them? The hight of arrogance right there. Disgusting....but not surprising.

What Multi-national task force have you worked for these past few years?

None. Although I know many who have. Many that came back maimed for life....or worse...in a flag draped coffin. Should we pay you for that?

People that went to war with the US wasn't really help it was about legitimacy not about help, further by others "help" who got helped?

This is but one small example....out of many. Seems your own military would disagree.

To illustrate my point....the following for your consideration.

The United States wants to give two teams of Canadian snipers the Bronze Star, a decoration for bravery, for their work in rooting out Taliban and al-Qaeda holdouts in eastern Afghanistan, but Canadian defence officials put the medals on hold, the National Post has learned.

The five snipers spent 19 days fighting alongside the scout platoon of the United States Army's 187th "Rakkasan" brigade last month, clearing out diehard fighters from the mountains near Gardez in eastern Afghanistan.

The Americans were so impressed by the Canadian snipers that they recommended them for medals after the battle.

Many of the U.S. scouts who worked directly with the Canadian snipers were incensed that the Canadians did not get the Bronze Star, the medal for bravery the U.S. military usually gives foreign soldiers serving alongside its troops.

Sources told the Post that U.S. General Warren Edwards had already signed the recommendation for five Bronze Stars for the sniper teams, drawn from 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, last month. Gen. Edwards, deputy commanding general of coalition land forces in Afghanistan, had recommended three Canadians for a Bronze Star and two for a Bronze Star with distinction.

Source

Not to mention this.....

9/11 Operation Yellow Ribbon (Gander, Newfoundland)

Thats the help we gave that you dimiss so easily.

I find your complete lack of respect for the sacrifice of my countrymen deeply offensive...hired help indeed.

edit on 2-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2014 by deadcalm because: Link Added

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How convenient.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

SLAYER69

dollukka
There is no such a thing as Soviet Union anymore.. that treaty have had its expiration day long ago. Russia has never signed such a treaty.

The treaty is from 1994 the Soviet Union went belly up in 1991.
Russia proper signed it. It's binding. Or should be...

i pose that since Russia is a signatory of the agreement then perhaps they are not actionable as an aggressor?

If Russia was not a party to the agreement then it would be binding of the others to enforce

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Cabin

What? You mean we could get pulled into a war and it wouldn't be Bush's fault?!

This would stink, but a treaty is a treaty and if we singed it, we should honor it otherwise we don't deserve to expect anyone to ever help us anywhere ever again.

Ask a native American how much value the US government puts in treaties that they sign.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

VforVendettea

ketsuko
reply to post by Cabin

What? You mean we could get pulled into a war and it wouldn't be Bush's fault?!

This would stink, but a treaty is a treaty and if we singed it, we should honor it otherwise we don't deserve to expect anyone to ever help us anywhere ever again.

Ask a native American how much value the US government puts in treaties that they sign.

allow me to double down.

How about the Bill of Rights, our govt has no problem violating its paperwork against itself.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The US Government as it's currently being led, would most likely surrender totally to Russia, giving them complete control over us. What with the Russian troops being trained on US soil by FEMA...the FEMA camps setup already...etc...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Elathan
reply to post by HanzHenry

The US Government as it's currently being led, would most likely surrender totally to Russia, giving them complete control over us. What with the Russian troops being trained on US soil by FEMA...the FEMA camps setup already...etc...

Those 'gnomes of Zurich' have been the ones pulling strings behind the Nazis, Soviets, and Americans. Who knows what happens next.

And being Jewish, seeing how the Neo-Nazis are prancing around the Ukraine is very much a concern.

As the verse in revelations 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

In America, many are discovering this pertains to Israel and its designers. And the streets of Wash DC form a Pentagram, the Phallic symbol DC monument, the Statue of Liberty is actually Lucifer, etc.

Those gnomes (false Jew Khazars) are going to "bring the world down" as their exit plan to run and hide until the smoke of ww3 clears.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

You are missing the point, America didn't need the "help" it was NOT necassary to bring in more countries to fight these wars. Let me REPEAT MYSELF AMERICA DID NOT REQUIRE HELP FOR WARS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN I am sorry you don't agree you don't have to but the idea of throwing around the word help like that is poorly out of context it wasn't help, it was a political/ business maneuver none of us should have been there in the first place. And next time you want to tell me what a disgrace to my uniform is, why don't you try it on before opening your civilian mouth, my views come as a directly involved member working inside multi national units directly, I am certain you know nothing other then what you read about on the news or whatever else, I won't go around telling you, your disgraceful etc but will say it would be just as easy for you to disagree and leave it at that. Peace be with you bro, we can agree to disagree right? You and I disagree further lines in this topic between us will go nowhere so I prefer to leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

S+F for you!

Great find.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join